Go Back   Just Breast Implants Forum Women's Beauty, Health, and Fitness

|
Forgot Username/Password?
Forum Home Blogs FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Women's Beauty, Health, and Fitness Use this forum to discuss beauty products, hair care, diets, fitness, etc.

Protein drinks that don't cause weight gain?

Old 06-14-2011, 04:52 PM

Amincali is on a distinguished road
Protein drinks that don't cause weight gain?

I have recently gained 5 lbs- can't figure out why...maybe the margaritas I actually do a lot of cardio but find I am starving and then have a hard time not eating everything in site. I would like to drink a protein shake that give me the needed protein for muscle recovery yet doesn't cause weight gain. And will actually help me shed the 5 lbs by making it so that I am not so starving after my cardio and weights. Any suggestions?
Old 06-14-2011, 05:05 PM

nabi is on a distinguished road
i would stay away from the meal replacement shakes ... the stuff like muscle milk ... even though it tastes yummy it has a lot that your body doesn't really need.

i take an optimum nutrition whey powder ... can't remember which one, though lol
if you just look for options with less sugar that are "carb conscious" you should be fine
The Following User Says Thank You to nabi For This Useful Post:
Old 06-14-2011, 05:13 PM

luvjbi is on a distinguished road
Love BSN protein powder, both the Syntha-6 and Lean Dessert. The flavors for both are excellent. (Lean dessert has less calories.)
The Following User Says Thank You to luvjbi For This Useful Post:
Old 06-14-2011, 08:17 PM

PinotNoir is on a distinguished road
I have been really into the "Eat Good Look Great!" ones lately - they are AWESOME! Delicious, really high protein, and low fat and carb.

I also love me some Muscle Milk Light - but I like to mix 1/2 scoop of that with 1/2 scoop of Optimum Nutrition. ON just tastes a little... gross... but Muscle Milk tastes like dessert so they balance out!

If you really want to get fancy - there are some really great recipes using protein powder that are really good for you and filling. I like to mix 1/2 scoop protein powder, 1/4 c oatmeal, and 3 egg whites to make a pancake! Or you can make baked oatmeal with cut up fruit in it. I have even made lemon bars (i know - it sounds gross but it was SOOO good!) with protein powder.

Here is one of my faves: http://www.food.com/recipe/no-cook-protein-bars-283373 It is transportable and can easily be frozen.

It is really important to mix it up in your diet so you don't get bored or go snack unconsciously.

Good luck!
The Following User Says Thank You to PinotNoir For This Useful Post:
Old 06-18-2011, 05:15 PM

Mrsmommy is on a distinguished road
Spiru-tein!
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Mrsmommy For This Useful Post:
Old 06-19-2011, 10:18 AM

D0ubleCupL0ve<3 is on a distinguished road
as long as youre eating things that you body can use it wont turn into fat. If I go to the gym in the morning I usually eat 2 whole egg and 1 egg white with one piece of wheat toast after or body fortresse strawberry whey protein that I get from walmart. It tastes great if you blend it up with ice and OJ instead of water and I add whatever fruit I have in the house (oranges, blueberries, bananas). My PS wrote about about good fat and bad fat. Check out his site, it gives a lil run down and there's an informative video on it.

http://thebrownfatrevolution.com/lyo...-video-gen.htm
The Following User Says Thank You to D0ubleCupL0ve<3 For This Useful Post:
Old 06-19-2011, 11:19 AM
smileygrl

smileygrl is on a distinguished road
I looked around for the same type of thing and ended up finding this stuff called Vega at Whole Foods. It's an all-natural, plant-based protein drink that only has 100 calories and 1 gram of fat for each scoop (I typically use only 1/2 or 1 scoop, depending on the intensity of my workout). It has 20g of protein per scoop, too. It sounds disgusting, but it's actually a pretty decent tasting protein shake! I bought one of those Blender Bottles that comes with a whisk in it and it works great. I noticed when I was working out hard and drinking those (I am only 3wks post op, so hopefully can resume more strenous exercise next week!) that I lost a few pounds. I hope this helps!
The Following User Says Thank You to smileygrl For This Useful Post:
Old 06-19-2011, 11:45 AM

samantham is on a distinguished road
I use rice protein powder from wholefoods and add rice dream and some fruit in the blender. Very low fat, vegan, has protein and sustains hunger.
The Following User Says Thank You to samantham For This Useful Post:
Old 06-19-2011, 06:22 PM
freedom is not free, thank you veterans!

GardenerGirl has a spectacular aura GardenerGirl has a spectacular aura
MrsMommy turned me on to Spiru-Tein and I LOVE IT. It by itself is only 99 calories, no fat and has a very short ingredient list compared to other protein mixes that I have read.

I got vanilla and I love it. I have been making awesome shakes with 1/3 frozen banana, skim milk and 1 scoop protein for about 220 calories and it keeps me full for the longest time ever, about 5 hours.
The Following User Says Thank You to GardenerGirl For This Useful Post:
Old 06-19-2011, 06:27 PM
mommyof3

scasey5 is on a distinguished road
I drink synth-6 and LOVE it. Chocolate peanut butter is awesome. I haven't gained any weight! Good luck
The Following User Says Thank You to scasey5 For This Useful Post:
Old 06-19-2011, 06:51 PM

danzn16 is a jewel in the rough danzn16 is a jewel in the rough danzn16 is a jewel in the rough
shakeology has protein and is low calorie. try watching how many calories you eat in a day and keep it under 2000 and you'll actually lose weight. i used to work out so much but eat whatever i wanted and i could never lose weight. started counting calories and eating under 2000 and haven't really been working out and i've lost 13 lbs so far. diet is the major factor in weight i think
The Following User Says Thank You to danzn16 For This Useful Post:
Old 06-19-2011, 07:16 PM
can i borrow a cup of patience?

Okie is on a distinguished road
i am one of those that just never has been a breakfast person tho i know it is important to have breakfast. i have always been a "give me my coffee and i wont kill you" person.

my compromise is a protein shake that i can sip on while i drink my coffee. spirutein powder, soy milk, and frozen strawberry slices blended into a frozen smoothie. but i will still kill you if you try to take espresso away from me.
The Following User Says Thank You to Okie For This Useful Post:
Old 06-19-2011, 07:31 PM

kygirl is on a distinguished road
I am addicted to shakeology!! It is amazing.You can only get it from a beachbody coach. I am a bb coach and here is my shakeology website:
Www.shakeology.com/jenniferasher
Danzn,there is a brand new flavor! It is tropical.I can't wait to try it when it becomes available to us coaches I hope to order some samples so if you would like one let me know.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to kygirl For This Useful Post:
Old 06-19-2011, 07:44 PM

danzn16 is a jewel in the rough danzn16 is a jewel in the rough danzn16 is a jewel in the rough
this sounds yummy!! i would love to try the new flavor! i wonder what fruit flavors are in it?
Old 06-20-2011, 09:23 AM

kygirl is on a distinguished road
Originally Posted by danzn16 View Post
this sounds yummy!! i would love to try the new flavor! i wonder what fruit flavors are in it?
The flyer I saw said camu-camu,papaya,acetone cherry,pineapple and banana! I am really excited even though I really love the chocolate.