Go Back   Just Breast Implants Forum Women's Beauty, Health, and Fitness

|
Forgot Username/Password?
Forum Home Blogs FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Women's Beauty, Health, and Fitness Use this forum to discuss beauty products, hair care, diets, fitness, etc.

K so I need some encouragement.

Old 09-03-2011, 08:05 PM
My PS made mountains out of molehills!

perked_up_mom is on a distinguished road
Unhappy K so I need some encouragement.

I'm trying to lose weight before my breast augmentation, and now that my kids are home from their dad's in another Province I have to cook big meals again. It's so hard to cook these big meals that take at lest an hour or so to prepare and cook, and not eat them. I need encouragement from fellow JBIers that feel my pain. Not only that I went clothes shopping with my stepson, and he likes my opinion on what he tries on, so I had to sit there by the change rooms, and look at myself in those funhouse mirrors! I was so sad when I looked at myself, even though I have lost 11 pounds I still look so fat! I have to just ignore it I know, and get on with my workout. No pain no gain!
Old 09-04-2011, 12:05 PM

No encouragement?
Old 09-04-2011, 12:48 PM
Hooters!

Pandy_bear is on a distinguished road
First, congrats on the weight you've already lost. You've done a great job, you just have to keep with it!

I can't say I'm exactly in your situation, but I do feel your pain. It's hard to watch people around you eat stuff you're not allowing yourself to partake in. It's so frustrating to look at them and think how good it would taste, and how easy it would be to just have a bite, and why not, what would it hurt?

Except it's easy to say that over and over, and undo everything you've worked so hard to achieve, and we both know that. I know it's frustrating, I know it's hard, and I know there are times while we're still a work in progress that it just doesn't seem worth it.

But it is. Trust me on this one. When you can step on that scale, or look in the mirror and see what it is you want to see, every bite that you didn't take is worth it.

When you're cooking these meals for the family, let yourself have some of it. Most things aren't that bad for you, as long as you control how much you eat. Control your portions, and you can eat the same thing they are. Use a smaller plate, stop to sip some water between each bite or two, have a salad with it. Just have a few bites of that noodles dish, or a tbsp of that gravy. You can still eat it, just eat less of it.

Never deny yourself everything, that leads to giving up. Let yourself have a little bit and it's a lot easier to turn this 'diet' into the lifestyle change you need in order to keep losing and keep it off!

Make sure you're working your exercise into the day too, that will allow you to eat a little more. (Note that's a 'little' more! It takes walking the length of a football field to work off an M&M, so a 30 minute walk does not a hot fudge sundae make!)

Losing weight is one of the hardest and most stressful things we can do to ourselves. Never forget that you're working to be the best looking you you can be. You can do it! Believe in your willpower, and believe in what you're working towards. It might be cliche, but I truly believe the old saying 'It never tastes as good as being thin feels.'

Oh, and never judge yourself sitting down, especially in dressing room mirrors! When we stand it lengthens our torso, spreads out all the lumps and puts everything in the right place. When we're sitting down, especially since most people slouch most of the time, it kinda slides everything together. I've seen girls that are stick thin look chunky when they're sitting down and slouching. Stand up straight, shoulders back, chin high, and I bet you can see where those 11lbs have gone!

Pandy_bear's plastic surgeon is Christopher Pelletiere, MD
VISIT WEBSITE
DOCTOR PROFILE
Old 09-04-2011, 01:22 PM

Thanks that made me feel better. Those mirrors are evil! My calves looked like they had dimples in them! It was horrible! My fiance bless his heart tells me everyday that I'm looking awesome. That my face looks better, my butt, my legs, even my arms, etc. He is an awesome supporter! I vow to not go into a store dressing room until I am at my goal weight of 130 lbs. This I hope will help. Thanks again.