Go Back   Just Breast Implants Forum Women's Beauty, Health, and Fitness

|
Forgot Username/Password?
Forum Home Blogs FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Women's Beauty, Health, and Fitness Use this forum to discuss beauty products, hair care, diets, fitness, etc.

Like Tree2Likes
  • 1 Post By MayBaby
  • 1 Post By *pAnache*

Paragard IUD

Old 12-29-2011, 07:54 PM

Just me is on a distinguished road
Paragard IUD

Does anyone have this type of IUD? I am getting back on birth control and my body cannot handle the hormones. Nuva ring has worked best for me hormone wise, but every month I seem to get a bit more crazy!! I dont not plan on having any more kids and my husband is not wanting a vasectomy so I am aware of the long term and possible sterilization of this type. I have done my research from the FDA and other medical sites on the safety and such, I am just asking for some personal opinion from those who may have it.

Thank you so much ladies!!!
Old 12-29-2011, 08:11 PM

MayBaby is on a distinguished road
I've had it for 2 years now and think it's great. I do have heavier periods but needed a hormone free approach and this works well for me. I love that I don't have to think about birth control and has a very high pregnancy prevention rate. Also, I like that you DO get a period every month because then I will know if I missed a period and need to take a pregnancy test (haven't had to do this though). If you aren't even getting a period, you may not know until really late that you ARE pregnant. IF I were to get pregnant I would want to know right away so that I could have the IUD removed immediately.

TastefulTatas likes this.
The Following User Says Thank You to MayBaby For This Useful Post:
Old 12-29-2011, 08:34 PM
Define love before you search for it. Boom

*pAnache* has a spectacular aura *pAnache* has a spectacular aura *pAnache* has a spectacular aura
Ive had it for just about 2 months and love it! I will never go back to hormones. The only side effect for me is not really a side effect. What I mean is hormones helped my menstrual symptoms. Bc paragard has no hormones I seem to have to deal with the normal premenstruual and menstrual symptoms I had before ever using birth control. I'll take that any day!
The Following User Says Thank You to *pAnache* For This Useful Post:
Old 01-08-2012, 08:25 PM

Tonkalo is on a distinguished road
I had one for almost 2 years and I loved it. It did cause heavier bleeding with my periods, but it was worth it to never have to remember to take a pill, or stop and use a spermicide or barrier, or to abstain during fertile periods. It was great at the time. Since then I had it out to have another baby, and after that had a tubal ligation, which I'm also very happy with.
Old 01-31-2012, 08:56 PM

nicoleoh is on a distinguished road
I was always very angry and emotionally insane on birth control after my last kiddo I decided to risk it and try the mirena meanwhile telling my ob that I had bad reactions with others she helped by telling me its less than the pills and most people do fine. I've had mine for a year now and it works GRE I haven't been insane or severely angry. I know it isn't the paragaurd but thought I'd throw in my two cents. I also no longer have a period on it. I had it for a few months then it just GoT less and less.
Old 01-31-2012, 09:04 PM
Proud mother of 3.. 2 I gave birth to & 1 that I married.

Itsboobietime is on a distinguished road
Originally Posted by Just me View Post
Does anyone have this type of IUD? I am getting back on birth control and my body cannot handle the hormones. Nuva ring has worked best for me hormone wise, but every month I seem to get a bit more crazy!! I dont not plan on having any more kids and my husband is not wanting a vasectomy so I am aware of the long term and possible sterilization of this type. I have done my research from the FDA and other medical sites on the safety and such, I am just asking for some personal opinion from those who may have it.

I've had it for almost 4 years now and I love it.
Old 04-17-2012, 02:15 PM

deerays is on a distinguished road
I've has mine one for seven years ... and I just recently switched to mirena... which is prettty much the same but u can only have it in for 5 yrs and it has a small dose of hormone that may lighten or even eliminate ur period! Man does it hurt when the doctor rips it out!!!!! And then re inserts the new one! But its worth it!
Old 05-10-2012, 10:49 AM

SecretlyMe is on a distinguished road
I want to switch to paraguard I think. I have the mirena. No periods. Which freaks me out. I feel fine! Not hormonal. But the hormone it emits has given me acne. Never have had acne before! I am taking it out and switching to either paraguard or nuva ring.
Old 10-04-2012, 01:28 PM
Define love before you search for it. Boom

*pAnache* has a spectacular aura *pAnache* has a spectacular aura *pAnache* has a spectacular aura
I have it. Absolutely no side effects other than what I had to begin with before I ever got on birth control. Which is --period acne, very bad cramps, bloating, moody. I'll take it and don't mind it at all as I know how to prepare for it because my period comes on time.

The best thing is my sex drive is back and I am now very lubricated where my lady bits are--which were both a problem for me when on hormonal birth control.

Also, my hair is growing so much thicker now that I am off the hormones.

I will forever stay with Paragard until I get my tubes tied. I only pray that I do not have difficulty getting pregnant when I want the device out. I here for the most part that pregnancy afterwards is not an issue.

GoBig-Or-GoHome likes this.
Old 10-13-2012, 07:39 PM

RunningWife is on a distinguished road
Originally Posted by Just me View Post

I'm not sure what type I had, it was the copper one I think? It didn't have hormones & I loved it. I had no problems & no remembering to take a pill every day etc. good luck! =D
Old 10-13-2012, 07:48 PM
Finally feel like a real woman <3 LOVE my boobs!

GoBig-Or-GoHome is on a distinguished road
I have had mine a little over 3 years now and love it. Periods are heavier than what I was used to but I think they are what normal peoples are (mine were 1-3 days of spotting to nothing when on hormone pills) Now its maybe 5 days of regular period and some cramping. Other than that, not having to remember or go insane off other hormone BC is amazing. LOVE it! Also love that its 10 years. Good Luck! I did know about the possibility of sterilization too and was fine with it because we are done having kids
Old 10-13-2012, 08:34 PM

6kids&stopping is on a distinguished road
I've used it twice, got my first one removed because we wanted one more child, and have had my current one for almost 2 years with no side effects. Works great, worry free for the most part so if you don't mind heavier periods its a really good choice. (like most everyone else, I certainly don't mind heavier periods considering the alternitive.
Old 10-17-2012, 11:03 AM

AllieCat will become famous soon enough
I've had it for about two years and love it as well
Old 10-17-2012, 11:09 AM

polkadots is on a distinguished road
i have it for 3 years.. loved it!! first 3 months .. was heavy and crampy but afterwards just normal!
Old 10-17-2012, 04:44 PM

Bamagirl3 is on a distinguished road
Definitely loved the non-hormonal aspect of it. I had it for about 2 years and loved it at first. But my already horrible periods became heavier, longer, and way too frequent. It became unbearable so my doc suggested ablation and tubal at the same time. So far I'm super happy I did it.
Old 10-17-2012, 05:09 PM

AllieCat will become famous soon enough
Originally Posted by Bamagirl3 View Post
Definitely loved the non-hormonal aspect of it. I had it for about 2 years and loved it at first. But my already horrible periods became heavier, longer, and way too frequent. It became unbearable so my doc suggested ablation and tubal at the same time. So far I'm super happy I did it.
I feel you on the periods! That is the only thing I hate about it, and it is a HUGE thing! I'm going to have DH get the snip and then I will have it removed. But in the meanwhile, other then that 1 week in the month, it is great!