Go Back   Just Breast Implants Forum Women's Beauty, Health, and Fitness

|
Forgot Username/Password?
Forum Home Blogs FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Women's Beauty, Health, and Fitness Use this forum to discuss beauty products, hair care, diets, fitness, etc.

Ladies help

Old 02-19-2012, 09:49 PM

Ice princess is on a distinguished road
Ladies help

I want to know what advice you ladies have for flying. I have never been in a plane and would like to conquer this fear. I have severe anxiety about it. How does it feel what can you compare it to! Plz help
Old 02-19-2012, 09:52 PM

ItalianBella978 is on a distinguished road
Originally Posted by Ice princess View Post
I want to know what advice you ladies have for flying. I have never been in a plane and would like to conquer this fear. I have severe anxiety about it. How does it feel what can you compare it to! Plz help
I can relate, I use to as well. For me it feels like a fast car with speed bumps. The speed bumps on the road are pretty much the same as turbulence in a plane. I think a roller coaster is worse and scarier. If you are that nervous ask your doctor to gift you a script for zanax. That's what my doctor did and I never used them.

VISIT WEBSITE
DOCTOR PROFILE
Old 02-19-2012, 11:00 PM

Thank you.. I have heard it be compared to an elevator as well.
Old 02-20-2012, 08:38 AM

ItalianBella978 is on a distinguished road
Thank you.. I have heard it be compared to an elevator as well.
Yeah I guess you can say that, except your ears pop when you ascend and descend. Get a window seat, that helped me a lot getting use to it. And the sunsets are pretty from that height.

VISIT WEBSITE
DOCTOR PROFILE
Old 02-20-2012, 08:44 AM

Hurricane is on a distinguished road
I was terrified first time. It was a very small plane. They licked the door and I thought I'd pass out, puke or die. Now, over 40 flights later, I'd say a window seat for sure, chew gum to help your ears unblock. A sound like a bell means put your seat belts on. Turbulence feels scary first couple times. It's a bumpy feeling. Circling the airport to land made me a bit queasy but gravol helped with that. I like watching the wheels go in and out of plane. No clue why. Take off is great. Landing first time a bit nerve wracking. I brought my camera and took photos put the window. Watching the landscape changes was just gorgeous.
Old 02-20-2012, 08:47 AM
I'm Made Of Plastic, Isn't It Fantastic?!!?!!

Ki11er Barb1e has a spectacular aura Ki11er Barb1e has a spectacular aura
I had never flown either, and when I finally did, I LoVeD it! When you first start going, you feel this feeling of extreme speed where you are almost pressed against the seat, and the plane kind of vibrates as it speeds down the runway, then the next thing you know, you're floating in the air! If you get a window seat, it's absolutely gorgeous seeing the airport and all the city buildings slowly getting smaller and smaller. Then, if it's cloudy, you rise above the clouds and it looks like a soft spongy fluffy ground below you that you could step out on and would support your weight lol. If t's not coudy, you can see all the towns and citys in little clusters all over the place below you. It's very cool. While in the air, it's actually very smooth. You can set full cup on liquid on the tray and even when you hit turbulence, it doesn't slosh around or anything(we only hit very light turbulence). When turbulence happens, it's just a mild vibrating/rumbling/light shaking feeling. Definitely no worse than a few bumps while driving on the road. The whole ride, both ways, was very enjoyable and smooth for me. But I agree that if you are that worried, you should try to get a script for xanax or something to keep you calm just in case.
Old 02-20-2012, 03:23 PM

I am terrified!! I am like that person that does not ride roller coasters etc. I am just soo terrified. We are talking about going to Florida. But I don't know if I can go cause of this. And it's awful.
Old 02-20-2012, 03:53 PM

Milf N Cookies is on a distinguished road
I've never been scared of flying but from what I've been told from friends and family who are. Take off and landing tend to be the worst because there's a lot of motion you can feel, you can briefly feel how fast you're going, etc... but they are usually over fast so if it freaks you out just hold on to the seat. Turbulence may not even happen at all, if it does it could be a small adjustment as you change path or some shaking. Overall it's fairly hard to tell you're moving and kind of boring so bring some entertainment, music, and so on. Don't be afraid to have a drink or take something to relax you.
Old 02-20-2012, 05:03 PM
The Boobs are Back!!!

TerraNova has a spectacular aura TerraNova has a spectacular aura
I remember my 3 year old nephew the first time he flew (already a total nagging back seat driver at that age) gripped the seat handles and screamed "OH MY GOD OH MY GOD what is happening" at the top of his lungs, As the plane took off and several rows behind we're in hysterics laughing. As a frequent flyer ( one year alone i logged over 200 flights) I have flown on every size and shape plane from a tiny 206 4 seater, to float planes, to airbus, 737, 777's and even helicopters. I don't even feel take off, my little nephews reaction really made me appreciate what the sensation must be like for a first timer.

Now that being said, it's not scary, it's just fast. But it will be noticeable the first time you do it! Have a drink before you board to relax you.

Turbulence can give you a good shaking, but it's not all the time, and if you hit bumpy air the pilots adjust their altitude and course to get back to smooth air. You are required to wear your seatbelt at all times while seated in case you do hit unexpected turbulence .

Also remember that your pilots are trained professionals with thousands of hours of training and must adhere to strict standard . My friends husband is a pilot and he broke his wrist and was not allowed to work until he was fully recovered. And since it took longer than 6 weeks he had to go back for re-testing as if a pilot hasnt done a landing in 6 weeks they are not allowed to fly without re testing.

Your aircraft are inspected each and every flight before take off. The slightest dectected mechanical difficulty , even a light that doesnt come on, that plane won't take off. They will fix it. You will be transferred to a new aircraft if they can't fix it in good time. (don't worry if you get delayed they WILL arrange other
flights at no cost, so always be nice to ground crew they work hard)

Just think how many yahoos you drive by daily on the road, that either have no experience, are drunk, young, dont maintain their car, etc. and it doesn't bother you. So how much safer are you in the sky with trained professionals and well maintained vehicles!
Old 02-20-2012, 11:30 PM

Thank you ladies soo much.. It's really hard to tell people or even ask because I hear such negative things. But all the ladies on here are so wonderful, and as always I was not let down
Old 02-21-2012, 02:31 AM
I'm lovin' my new boobies!

Ttlynn is on a distinguished road
Thank you ladies soo much.. It's really hard to tell people or even ask because I hear such negative things. But all the ladies on here are so wonderful, and as always I was not let down
im going through the same thing. im going to california next week and will have to be flying alone with my SO on a different flight:s
i really hate flying. terrified of heights:S
ive been on a few flights before and freak out most of the times. the only two times i didnt freak out was when i had night flights and had a few drinks before i went on. my california flight is pretty earlier in the morning and dont think ill be drinking:P so tomorrow ive decided to talk to my doctor about giving me something to calm my nerves.
i always try to remember how flying is way safer than driving and i drive fine everyday. also i try and focus on the music im listening to.
have a great vacation and i hope you one day concur your fear of flying
Old 02-21-2012, 10:20 PM

@ttlynn let me know how your flight goes when you take something. I can't wait to conquer this.