Go Back   Just Breast Implants Forum Women's Beauty, Health, and Fitness

|
Forgot Username/Password?
Forum Home Blogs FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Women's Beauty, Health, and Fitness Use this forum to discuss beauty products, hair care, diets, fitness, etc.

Like Tree2Likes
  • 1 Post By NoMoreIBTC:)
  • 1 Post By mammaof3

Fake tanners??

Old 03-24-2012, 12:55 PM

Disappointed? is on a distinguished road
Fake tanners??

Hi ladies,

Hope you are all enjoying your weekend I've recently hit the gym again (hard) want to one day enter a figure/bikini competition, but in the mean time.....I always feel better about myself when I have some colour to my pasty white skin. Has anyone found a good tanning lotion or gel that isn't really expensive that works, since we can't go into tanning beds for awhile after BAs. I've tried lots different onces but haven't found one that is exceptional yet

Thanks ladies
Old 05-20-2012, 11:07 AM

NoMoreIBTC:) is on a distinguished road
I like to use the loreal sublime bronze- but since the stuff is pretty potent i actually mix it with the sublime glow then go back the next day and apply another coat.. This way incase i may have missed a tiny spot the first time i can catch it the next day. Very affordable and great results :-) good luck!

JeffreyGirl likes this.
Old 05-20-2012, 11:09 AM

AplusBequalsD is on a distinguished road
I second the sublime and I do the same to prevent streaks. It's like 7 dollars or so at Walmart !
Old 05-20-2012, 11:12 AM
It is wonderful to make yourself better whenever you can!

mammaof3 will become famous soon enough
Tape Over Your Scar and Tan Anyway!

I put tape over my suture line and go to the tanning bed! Come on, the only thing we arent' supposed to tan is the scar, right? Put some tape over those babies! I tan in the tanning bed twice a week and my scars are almost un-noticeable...The tan actually has caught up with the discoloration from the scar and you can't see the scar anymore--hahahaha!

kelso37 likes this.
Old 05-23-2012, 06:33 AM

Nickle pickle is on a distinguished road
Thanks for the tip girls!
I tried the air brushed tan at a salon and although it looked great at first, after a week it starts looking blotchy as it fades and makes me look like a have a skin funk going on LOL
Does the sublime wear off nicer I hope?
Old 05-23-2012, 08:15 PM

Holly33 is on a distinguished road
Okay here's what I do, it may seem like it takes forever, but it works for me :-)

1)Face & Hands- Victoria Secret Adjustable Self-Tan
2)For my body-Jergens Natural Glow Daily Moisturizer
3)Ams and legs or body areas that may need a little more darker color -
Banana Boat Self Tanning Lotion Deep Dark Color.
I am pretty white so yes I was scared to use it at first.
4)A non fragrance cheap lotion with it being safe for the face and body.

Here's where it may take a little longer.I start with my legs and move up I will explain why I do face at the end later.

I mix half and half (#2#4) on the body minus the face. I will use #3 a tad bit more on whatever body part that may need extra color. Minus the knees,ankles and elbows.

I immediately wash my hands especially after using the Banana Boat.

For my neck and face I use #1 (small amount)mixed in with #4.
As for my hands I use the same color if not a little darker color using the adjustable notch for my hands and then I do not wash off. I do this because before I would get a mark around my wrist from where I stopped the color from washing my hands from the first steps.

Then I air dry in a robe for about 10min.

I do have all my tanners and mixed lotions I use in a tote because the bottles will get discolored from applying the darker lotions mixed with the non.

It may seem crazy, but honestly, I have tried a lot of different lotions and in the end being orange, different color on different body parts,streaky, etc.
I have no idea how I came up with that system. Hope it helps :-)
Old 05-23-2012, 08:31 PM

Courtney1001 is on a distinguished road
I use the loreal sublime bronze and it works great for me. I'm a natural redhead so my skin is very pale and orangy toned ones leave me super orange or dirty looking. As long as I rub it in in a circular motion it doesn't leave me with streaks. Best one I've tried so far.
Old 05-24-2012, 12:38 AM

brunette_baby is on a distinguished road
St. Tropez mousse is AMAZING. Beautiful color, easy application. It is a little pricey though, about 30 bucks a bottle. I will sometimes just use it on my face and neck to save it. Looks great alone or under make up.

Sent from my ADR6400L using Tapatalk 2
Old 07-05-2012, 09:06 AM

kelso37 is on a distinguished road
I've used coppertone endless summer for 7 years and I love it! But, I also got back into the tanning bed only 5 days after surgery. Like the one girl mentioned before, all you have to do is cover your incision/scar best of luck in your competition!
Old 07-12-2012, 02:36 PM

brickyd is on a distinguished road
i use a weekly self tanner called xen-tan the bottle lasts me for about 8 weeks but thats doing my entire body and face once a week... just exfoliate really well first and it blends perfectly no streaks and very dark and natural not orange... but im not sure what it costs in the US but may be worth looking into i def love it!!!