Go Back   Just Breast Implants Forum Women's Beauty, Health, and Fitness

|
Forgot Username/Password?
Forum Home Blogs FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Women's Beauty, Health, and Fitness Use this forum to discuss beauty products, hair care, diets, fitness, etc.

Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By MyNewAdditions

CrossFit: How do you measure up?!

Old 06-19-2012, 11:37 AM

MyNewAdditions is on a distinguished road
CrossFit: How do you measure up?!

I posted on my blog this very interesting poster: check it out!

A lot of girls are so nervous about doing CrossFit because
1. They don't want to get bulky and
2. They are scared

To get bulky, we would have to be lifting almost everyday! And... if you are scared, the best way to conquer your fear is just to do it!

I am not an advocate of everyone doing CrossFit because it's not for everyone, but I do think we need to start thinking about exercising more and eating right. Two of the most important components of CF. I've been only doing CF seriously for the past month, but have been dabbling in it since last January... Finally decided to put in the money and join a box... this is another reason why CF might not be for everyone... it's damn expensive!

But check out that poster/blog/link.... it's interesting to see how we measure up to the elites! I am not even close! hahahaha
Old 06-19-2012, 03:23 PM

batgirl619 will become famous soon enough batgirl619 will become famous soon enough
My bf is an avid CFer and he is going to open up his own gym soon. I honestly haven't tried CF yet because even on the CF blogs, they only show women who are really ripped. It's not selling the idea very well to girls like me who want to tone up and be a slimmer version of themselves. Most of the before/afters I've seen on CF blogs, the women look fitter, but not prettier, in a certain way if you guys get what I mean.

He says they only get that way if they go everyday and eat a strict Paleo diet, but I'm still apprehensive. I prefer a leaner, dancer's type body.

I am going to try CF once I am totally ready physically (in a few weeks, after I get the clearance from my surgeon) but I'm honestly afraid, lol.
Old 06-19-2012, 04:01 PM

Where is your BF thinking about opening the gym at? Whenever I tell my bf I am scared of getting bulky... he says, "You think you can look like Kristan Clever? Do you not know how much and how often she works out?" Then I shut up because I realize I can't even go near 1/4 of everything she does =P

But.. most of the girls on the CF blogs are quite intense... body wise. Even at the crossfit games, the majority of them are lean/muscular with little boobage going on... but... at my gym and some other gyms I have gone to, the majority of the girls are all normal looking in terms of muscle and bulkiness. I think if we don't train to be competitive for the games, we will probably be okay

batgirl619 likes this.
Old 06-19-2012, 05:40 PM

batgirl619 will become famous soon enough batgirl619 will become famous soon enough
He's going to open it up in San Diego. I know I have to get into CF eventually because I don't want to make him look bad if I'm helping out at the gym by being flabby, lol!!
Old 06-19-2012, 07:49 PM
Time for this flower to finally blossom :)

blossombabyxx3 is on a distinguished road
I've always wanted to try it! But I know I would be soooo terrible and am embarrassed to start up in a regular class. Wish there were beginners classes!
Old 06-19-2012, 08:06 PM

Originally Posted by batgirl619 View Post
He's going to open it up in San Diego. I know I have to get into CF eventually because I don't want to make him look bad if I'm helping out at the gym by being flabby, lol!!
From your picture, you definitely do not look flabby! But you should definitely try it out! Go low on the weights if you are scared of looking bulky!

Originally Posted by kcoady926 View Post
I've always wanted to try it! But I know I would be soooo terrible and am embarrassed to start up in a regular class. Wish there were beginners classes!
You should definitely try it out and don't be embarrassed at all! There are beginners class. Usually the first class it's a lot smaller because they are going to teach you some of there movements.

I remember my first time going into the gym, this girl came in with a skirt... A SKIRT... and I was thinking, "Yea! A newbie like me!" Then she started hitting the pull ups one after the other for a good minute and my jaws just dropped! haha...

You will definitely like the results! Besides having smaller boobs (which usually happens when you loose weight), I loved the body I got from all the workouts!