Go Back   Just Breast Implants Forum Women's Beauty, Health, and Fitness

|
Forgot Username/Password?
Forum Home Blogs FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Women's Beauty, Health, and Fitness Use this forum to discuss beauty products, hair care, diets, fitness, etc.

Like Tree4Likes
  • 3 Post By Scorpioempress
  • 1 Post By KayKay1206

Changes "down there" after having a baby

Old 09-10-2012, 10:10 PM

karmyn17 is on a distinguished road
Changes "down there" after having a baby

I hope this question is appropriate, but did any of you moms feel like things "changed" down there" after having a baby?? I had my son 10 months ago and dont enjoy sex at all now! I tore pretty bad even though my baby was only 5 lbs!! And had to get lots and lots of stitches.. i feel like she might have oversewed the opening? It doesnt open up like it use too and even hurts to put tampons in. Anyone else experienced this?? Its ruining my sex life
Old 09-10-2012, 10:19 PM

TastefulTatas is on a distinguished road
I felt that way for a little while. Not as far as 10 months. Mine only lasted until we got back into a regular sex pattern. A friend of mine actually did get sewn up smaller then a virgin though and went in to have it fixed a year or so later. If u plan on having more kids it will prob correct itself. Talk to your obgyn. See if they have anything to stretch it back out without having to do a surgery.
Old 09-10-2012, 10:25 PM
I don't need balls, I have big boobs!

Scorpioempress will become famous soon enough Scorpioempress will become famous soon enough
Wow. That sucks. Umm, motherhood really changes things down there. I didn't feel like having sex for a year after each kid. I mean I did the wifely thing, but bleh. You probably hurt because you are not into it yet hormonally. Try some lube and make him do some foreplay.

Also, if you plan a sex night and think about hot, steamy sex all day until the deed, you will be ahem...wet and it will not hurt. Talk about TMI!! lol

indicababy, karmyn17 and hunny13 like this.
Old 09-11-2012, 07:47 AM
JBI's Recovery Freak of Nature.

KayKay1206 is a splendid one to behold KayKay1206 is a splendid one to behold KayKay1206 is a splendid one to behold KayKay1206 is a splendid one to behold KayKay1206 is a splendid one to behold KayKay1206 is a splendid one to behold KayKay1206 is a splendid one to behold
It hurts because scar tissue from tearing and being sewed up doesnt have the elasticity like normal skin does, so it feels tighter. Just talk to your OB/GYN, things will get better

Im also not understanding "sewn up tighter than a virgin". The tightness a virgin has is from the vagina, which is INSIDE. NOT the vulva, which is the outer area and where you get torn/cut and sewn back together during childbirth

karmyn17 likes this.
Old 09-11-2012, 07:56 AM

epoo82 is on a distinguished road
I would say that at 10 months things were not yet back to normal for me. I had a 2nd degree tear and was cut and the recovery from that was horrible. Sex was pretty unpleasant for a while but.... Slowly but surely things got back to normal. I couldn't tell you if things are 100% "the same" down there as they were before I had my son (he's 3 1/2) but it certainly seems normal! I don't remember how long it took to feel normal again but, as I said, I don't think I was yet at 10 months.
Old 01-10-2013, 09:39 PM

utahgirl is an unknown quantity at this point
After having my baby I noticed things were much more spacious "down there" for about6 months but now I am almost back to normal. I dont think I will ever have my once very tight vagina back.. its not possible after having a baby.
Old 01-11-2013, 04:36 PM
emm

emm is on a distinguished road
Originally Posted by KayKay1206 View Post
It hurts because scar tissue from tearing and being sewed up doesnt have the elasticity like normal skin does, so it feels tighter. Just talk to your OB/GYN, things will get better

Im also not understanding "sewn up tighter than a virgin". The tightness a virgin has is from the vagina, which is INSIDE. NOT the vulva, which is the outer area and where you get torn/cut and sewn back together during childbirth
I think what they mean is the hymen. However, this is also a misconception! Some women have hymens, others don't. Some have really tough ones, some have very flexible ones. Some have theirs wear away from sports, bike riding, masturbation, tampons, etc. before intercourse. Just depends on the woman!

To Karmyn, I'm so sorry! I haven't had babies, but I'm so afraid of becoming loose and all saggy. I would talk to your obgyn to see if there is something you can do. Maybe start with fingering and move up to your partner. Definitely lube and foreplay. I'm not sure if there is anything that you can use or do to make the scar tissue more supple and pliable, so it wouldn't hurt. I also like the idea of sex night!

Good luck and I hope things start getting better for you and that you are able to enjoy sex again very soon!
Old 01-13-2013, 02:44 PM

karmyn17 is on a distinguished road
Originally Posted by emm View Post
I think what they mean is the hymen. However, this is also a misconception! Some women have hymens, others don't. Some have really tough ones, some have very flexible ones. Some have theirs wear away from sports, bike riding, masturbation, tampons, etc. before intercourse. Just depends on the woman!

To Karmyn, I'm so sorry! I haven't had babies, but I'm so afraid of becoming loose and all saggy. I would talk to your obgyn to see if there is something you can do. Maybe start with fingering and move up to your partner. Definitely lube and foreplay. I'm not sure if there is anything that you can use or do to make the scar tissue more supple and pliable, so it wouldn't hurt. I also like the idea of sex night!

Good luck and I hope things start getting better for you and that you are able to enjoy sex again very soon!
My son is now 14 months and things are MUCH better!! Sex doesnt hurt much more than it did before having babies I just think you gotta give your body a really long time to heal. And your vagina likely wont get "loose and saggy " from childbirth unless you have lots of babies and dont do your kegels. I would say its gone back 90% to the tightness it was and it looks the same as it did before, but then again my baby wasnt even six pounds..
Old 01-13-2013, 02:52 PM
Accountants love boobies too ;)

Bella88 is on a distinguished road
I felt like that for about a year. It was fine after, but if I go more than a few weeks without sex it hurts so much again =\
Old 01-13-2013, 02:52 PM

hunny13 is on a distinguished road
Both of my babies were over 9 lbs so I completely understand the millions of stitches and painful sex. I started feeling "normal" again after about 9 months. Like some of the other comments said, try lube and be reeeeally in the mood! Lol. Even still to this day (2 years later) if I'm just "taking one for the team" it still hurts. I have to be really into it.
Old 02-14-2013, 10:22 PM

hnicole has room for improvement
that sucks