Go Back   Just Breast Implants Forum Women's Beauty, Health, and Fitness

|
Forgot Username/Password?
Forum Home Blogs FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Women's Beauty, Health, and Fitness Use this forum to discuss beauty products, hair care, diets, fitness, etc.

Like Tree2Likes
  • 2 Post By NaturallyFake

At home waxing

Old 10-11-2012, 02:02 PM

Kylesgurl04now will become famous soon enough
At home waxing

Just wondering if any of you ladies wax your own pubic area? If so what do you use? Like what wax products work the best. I have a high pain tolerance and I feel I could do it myself. Cheaper than going to someone to do it.
Old 10-11-2012, 02:15 PM
Call me "Goldilocks", because my b♥♥bies are just right!

NaturallyFake is on a distinguished road
I use to use: GiGi Brazilian Bikini Wax Microwave Kit, but now I use something I got from Avon. I quickly learned it's not about the wax per se, it's mostly about the strips you use. Muslin strips are awesome and what any wax person I've been to uses. Here is a quickie on how to give yourself a coochie wax. Also, putting baby powder on the area makes the wax come off the skin easier, but not a requirement.

Now, let's talk about the ACTUAL process. Yes, you can do it yourself, but I realize for myself there are certain spots that I had to hype myself up to do on my coochie. Basically, I realized for MYSELF it was easier to have someone else do my coochie...simply because of the amount of time I would end up taking.

BUT YES, it is indeed something you can do at home. Some people use ice and stuff, but that doesn't work for me when I do it at home.

I get my coochie done by someone else, and do my armpits myself. That's super easy! Norms, 1 or 2 yanks, and you are good to go!

Kylesgurl04now and joyful like this.
The Following User Says Thank You to NaturallyFake For This Useful Post:
Old 10-12-2012, 09:47 AM

karmyn17 is on a distinguished road
The gigi brazilian microwave wax is what I always use to use to do my own brazilians and it worked great. Your probably going to have to go with a hard wax if you're going to be doing your own brazilian otherwise it could just get messy and pulling a strip off at certain angles can be hard.
Old 10-12-2012, 09:50 AM

joyful has a spectacular aura joyful has a spectacular aura joyful has a spectacular aura
wow, you MUST have a high pain tolerance... can't imagine pulling the wax strip off by myself. I would have to have someone do it for me.
Old 10-12-2012, 09:54 AM
JBI's Recovery Freak of Nature.

KayKay1206 is a splendid one to behold KayKay1206 is a splendid one to behold KayKay1206 is a splendid one to behold KayKay1206 is a splendid one to behold KayKay1206 is a splendid one to behold KayKay1206 is a splendid one to behold KayKay1206 is a splendid one to behold
oh hell no! one, i dont wax the pubic area. i only get that sugared!! definitely something for the pro to do!!

waxing my legs? sure. but noooo to the self brazilian!
Old 10-12-2012, 11:30 PM

greenbai is on a distinguished road
I cant do it myself because i hesitate before each pull and end up making it so much worse! But props to you if you can stand it!
Old 10-13-2012, 07:18 PM

RunningWife is on a distinguished road
Originally Posted by Kylesgurl04now View Post
Just wondering if any of you ladies wax your own pubic area? If so what do you use? Like what wax products work the best. I have a high pain tolerance and I feel I could do it myself. Cheaper than going to someone to do it.
I use Sally Henson Brazilian Formula. It's pretty easy once I got used too it & WAY WAY cheaper! Annnnnnnnnd less embarrassing! Haha
Old 10-13-2012, 07:31 PM
Naturally Fake

IrishBarbie319 is on a distinguished road
I've tried to do it myself but actually I have pretty thick hair that grows in all sorts of directions! It's pretty embarrassing to admit that but it's true. I typically go to have it done. I've found though that I like the sugaring technique better. It's easier on the skin and it comes off with water. I think it lasts a little longer as well.
Old 10-13-2012, 07:45 PM

AllieCat will become famous soon enough
Originally Posted by Kylesgurl04now View Post
I could give myself a full Brazilian. It takes more time then having it done but it's totally do-able. Just a normal bikini wax would be a piece of cake. At Sally's they have the hard Brazilian wax, trying to remember the name... It has bees all over the packaging. I also have a roll on wax kit with the Warmers and everything that I bought on amazon. if you do use the hard wax, I recommend you still use the strips with it, it is so much easier and less painful if you do.
Old 10-13-2012, 07:46 PM

Originally Posted by NaturallyFake View Post
I use to use: GiGi Brazilian Bikini Wax Microwave Kit, but now I use something I got from Avon. I quickly learned it's not about the wax per se, it's mostly about the strips you use. Muslin strips are awesome and what any wax person I've been to uses. Here is a quickie on how to give yourself a coochie wax. Also, putting baby powder on the area makes the wax come off the skin easier, but not a requirement.

Now, let's talk about the ACTUAL process. Yes, you can do it yourself, but I realize for myself there are certain spots that I had to hype myself up to do on my coochie. Basically, I realized for MYSELF it was easier to have someone else do my coochie...simply because of the amount of time I would end up taking.

BUT YES, it is indeed something you can do at home. Some people use ice and stuff, but that doesn't work for me when I do it at home.

I get my coochie done by someone else, and do my armpits myself. That's super easy! Norms, 1 or 2 yanks, and you are good to go!
Yes and all the things she said that I forgot to! Lol. I got lasered so it's been a minute.
Old 10-17-2012, 09:26 AM

socialitebaby is on a distinguished road
I use the brand AllieCat mentioned, from Sally Beauty Supply. I can't think of the name either, but it says Brazilian Wax on it. It's hard wax so there's no need for the strips. You just heat it up, apply it, let it dry for about 30-45 seconds, hold your skin tight, and pull it off. I've used other brands of wax, like the strips that already have the wax on them and you heat them up with your hands, and those hurt like crazy! I'll do my eyebrows with those, but not thick bikini area hair!

It does take me about 30 minutes to do the majority of my bikini area with the hard wax. Then I usually stop for the day. The next day when the redness has calmed down I'll go back over spots that didn't get completely removed and have DH help me with the "lips". Those hurt no matter what! I just can't get a good grip for some reason, I usually end up with DH seeing the entire show (he doesn't mind). It only hurts for a second though, then it just feels like a sunburn for a few hours. Wiping after peeing hurt a bit the first time I did it, but now that the hair is thinner it pops right out! It does get easier the more you do it, just don't shave in between!

I get ingrown hairs from waxing a lot worse than I ever did with shaving so you might prepare yourself for that. I use Bliss Ingrown Eliminating Pads (Sephora, Dillards, online) and it works very well!
Old 10-17-2012, 06:09 PM

Originally Posted by socialitebaby View Post
I use the brand AllieCat mentioned, from Sally Beauty Supply. I can't think of the name either, but it says Brazilian Wax on it. It's hard wax so there's no need for the strips. You just heat it up, apply it, let it dry for about 30-45 seconds, hold your skin tight, and pull it off. I've used other brands of wax, like the strips that already have the wax on them and you heat them up with your hands, and those hurt like crazy! I'll do my eyebrows with those, but not thick bikini area hair!

It does take me about 30 minutes to do the majority of my bikini area with the hard wax. Then I usually stop for the day. The next day when the redness has calmed down I'll go back over spots that didn't get completely removed and have DH help me with the "lips". Those hurt no matter what! I just can't get a good grip for some reason, I usually end up with DH seeing the entire show (he doesn't mind). It only hurts for a second though, then it just feels like a sunburn for a few hours. Wiping after peeing hurt a bit the first time I did it, but now that the hair is thinner it pops right out! It does get easier the more you do it, just don't shave in between!

I get ingrown hairs from waxing a lot worse than I ever did with shaving so you might prepare yourself for that. I use Bliss Ingrown Eliminating Pads (Sephora, Dillards, online) and it works very well!
I Taught DH how to do a Brazilian, honestly he is better than anyone I have ever paid! Lol! For ingrowns I recommend tendskin, they sell it at ulta, it works really good! Also exfoliate!!!
Old 10-17-2012, 06:19 PM
**Pic is Pre-BA**

D&A1998 is on a distinguished road
Originally Posted by NaturallyFake View Post

"Coochie!" Lol. Love it. I tried to do it once. Nuff said.
Old 10-17-2012, 06:28 PM
I <3 boobs

Cupcake85 is a jewel in the rough Cupcake85 is a jewel in the rough Cupcake85 is a jewel in the rough Cupcake85 is a jewel in the rough
Maybe try the veet roll on wax kit. I tried to do a brazilian with hard wax once it was so hard trying to get the wax on it dripped and ran everywhere and went down my leg and over the floor oops. I found it hard to hold the skin taunt while applying the wax maybe I should have been lying down?

Good luck. Hard wax is supposed to be better for brazilians and the face. Can't think of the brand but it's in a tin pot with a red plastic lid