Go Back   Just Breast Implants Forum Women's Beauty, Health, and Fitness

|
Forgot Username/Password?
Forum Home Blogs FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Women's Beauty, Health, and Fitness Use this forum to discuss beauty products, hair care, diets, fitness, etc.

The WBFF and IFBB

Old 11-16-2012, 08:46 PM

Wannabe Abreast is on a distinguished road
The WBFF and IFBB

This question is geared towards fitness competitors. I am doing my best to find information on how pros turn 'pro' in either organization. From what I understand about the IFBB (very old and established organization) you have to qualify at qualifying IFBB event (like a NPC show), then get something like 1st place overall or 1st in your class to go pro.

I competed at an AFPA event. It was very organized- girls were given directions on what to do, where to stand, etc. I think this way of organizing competitors on the stage seems to be dramatically different to WBFF- specifically bikini- where girls are just all over the damn stage (see pic below). Maybe it's just for amateur shows?

When I've looked at pics of a WBFF show it looks like a mess....Seems to be a real clusterf*** on stage. Then it seems you do well in the show and you instantly gain pro status. One show = pro status? How does that work?

Plus, why the heck is this girl wearing BLACK BOOTS?!

I haven't picked an organization to compete with per se, but I do like that that NPC/IFBB/AFPA seem to be very structured. I don't like the clusterf*** of girls strewn about like I see with WBFF shows.

What do you girls think?
Old 11-16-2012, 09:31 PM

dj2012 is a jewel in the rough dj2012 is a jewel in the rough dj2012 is a jewel in the rough dj2012 is a jewel in the rough
Oh boy, I could go on about the NPC/IFBB but I won't but I will say that politics plays a huge part. My advice if you want to turn pro is to hook up now with the "in" teams like Bombshell or get signed by FMG (Fitness Management Group) your chances of turning pro will be greatly improved

My question to you is WHY do you want to turn pro? There is definitely no money in it even if you happen to win a show.

My advice when it comes to competing is find an organisation with a division that you like and that suits your body best and have FUN. Do not put your life and life savings (which I've seen lots of girls and guys do) into something that there is no financial reward in but will see your bank account great drained very quickly. Do it to have fun and as a hobby but don't ever give up your day job
Old 11-16-2012, 09:52 PM

Wannabe Abreast is on a distinguished road
Originally Posted by dj2012 View Post
My advice when it comes to competing is find an organisation with a division that you like and that suits your body best and have FUN. Do not put your life and life savings (which I've seen lots of girls and guys do) into something that there is no financial reward in but will see your bank account great drained very quickly. Do it to have fun and as a hobby but don't ever give up your day job
I've definitely noticed/read about politics in both orgs. So silly! I don't doubt there is no money in it....But for me it is more of a personal goal, I suppose- something to achieve. There are many things that bother me about competing- so it's definitely not the money that I am after! I did ballroom dancing for many years which is so, so similar to fitness competing. It's all the same, the same costs, the same fierceness.

So for me, competing and possibly turning pro is a personal goal- to keep advancing myself personally and professionally. I'm really intrigued by the challenge of it all.

I don't mean to talk trash on the WBFF. I think it looks really fun, and I've heard that gaining IFBB pro status isn't so pure either. I've known some WBFF competitors who had KILLER physiques. Both WBFF and IFBB has introduced some outstanding physiques to the industry.