Go Back   Just Breast Implants Forum Women's Beauty, Health, and Fitness

|
Forgot Username/Password?
Forum Home Blogs FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Women's Beauty, Health, and Fitness Use this forum to discuss beauty products, hair care, diets, fitness, etc.

Like Tree21Likes

Tips on how to loose that belly bump!

Reply Subscribe
Old 11-21-2012, 07:57 PM

Jupoo is on a distinguished road
Tips on how to loose that belly bump!

Hi ladies,

OK so I have worked my tush off and I have lost about 40 pds, but I have had 2 kids and can't seem to loose that "bump" I need some work out tips or foods that help get rid of this. I have been working extremely hard and am getting frustrated Darn that so called Muffin Top as they call it. Any fitness girls out there pls help... Any kind of tips that have helped anyone I'd love to hear them, thanks

joyful likes this.
Old 11-25-2012, 12:07 PM

I've tried planks, sit ups, cardio... Maybe I just need a stricter diet....
Old 11-25-2012, 01:22 PM

dandilion is on a distinguished road
Good for you with losing all that weight! Such an accomplishment! . I am also wondering about the"pouch" I also work out and my belly just seems to stay the same! Frustrating
Old 11-25-2012, 02:24 PM

OneHotMom is on a distinguished road
I have the same issue. The main problem is I have a short torso. So it seems i'm doomed to a life of muffin tops. Before my BA I had been hitting the gym almost everyday for 3 months and was starting to see a slight difference in my waist. Since the BA I feel like my jeans are SO tight! some bloating im sure too. Over the years ive come to grips with no matter how much I exercise I have to eat less. The problem is when I do workout alot my appetite increases. So everyone says eat this eat that but when you have kids who dont necassarily want to always eat healthy carbs all the time it sucks, cause between work and kids I dont want to make 2 seperate meals. Ive been doing the Body by Vi shakes. Breakfast and lunch. And at first dropped 5 lbs the first week, now i'm at a stand still
Old 11-25-2012, 02:41 PM

Andrea23 is on a distinguished road
To have a flat stomach your body fat percentage has to be low. It has to be below at least 20% for women.

http://www.bmi-calculator.net/body-f...-fat-chart.php
  • 10-12% - Essential Fat
  • 14-20% - Athletic Fat Levels
  • 21-24% - Fitness Fat Levels
  • 25-31% - Acceptable Fat levels
  • 32%+ - Obese

You can check your body fat percentage with body fat calipers. Some websites allow you to calculate your body fat percentage with a tape measure and there are digital scales that measure body fat percentage.

When you lose a lot of fat you'll have loose skin. Your skin grows when you make significant weight gains and gradually shrinks when you lose a lot of fat. The faster you lose fat the droopier your skin will look because it hasn't had time to shrink. Eventually your skin will shrink and your stomach will flatten when you've maintained a lower body weight over time. So the key is to keep exercising, eating healthily and drink plenty of water. Do a lot of cardio and body resistance exercises or light weight lifting to stay toned.

dandilion, currvyj and LoveBA like this.
The Following User Says Thank You to Andrea23 For This Useful Post:
Old 12-03-2012, 08:32 PM

Freddy is on a distinguished road
Thanks Andrea23 for this information. I have same issue that you people have. My belly fat is increasing day by day. I have started workout and i hope that i can lose that fat from my belly.
Old 12-11-2012, 01:54 AM

LittleKitten is on a distinguished road
I have 16% body fat and still have a pooch - a 'bike tyre' around my belly. (But low BF will probably help most people have a flat tummy)

This is just how I'm made, I reckon. My gut is the first place I gain weight. Must have lots of fat cells living there... Too sad :'(

ChristeenaMarie likes this.
Old 12-11-2012, 06:31 AM

mamawantsboobs1 is on a distinguished road
I wish I had advice for you . But I'm 5'1" tall and 115 pounds with 3 kids 5,3,18m) and I've gone to the gym 5 days a week and used a trainer for a good 8 months. Nothing helped with my muffin top. I could suck it in pretty well though . So I made the decision to have a TT this past Thursday. No more muffin top here. Good luck and just know you are not alone

shortie, joyful, Jupoo and 2 others like this.
Old 01-17-2013, 05:21 PM

I'm now officially trying the Insanity workout...so we will see if this does the trick!!! Fingers crossed!
Old 01-17-2013, 07:37 PM

joyful has a spectacular aura joyful has a spectacular aura joyful has a spectacular aura
I had 2 c/sections, and I believe that I won't ever get rid of the pouch over the incision.
my youngest son is 22.
I have worked hard to tone the pouch down, and it is still there, although it is less noticable.
I decided about 10 years ago that it was just a part of me now and a mark of motherhood.
(my deflated breasts, on the other hand..... )
Old 01-17-2013, 07:54 PM

redhead48 will become famous soon enough
Abs are made in the kitchen. Eat as clean as possible and continue to exercise. We all have 6 pack abs, but they are hiding under a layer of fat! I'm working on mine and making progress. I think if I really get with the program, I will see them by summer. Btw, I don't mean diet and starve yourself. Eat 6 small meals a day and balanced nutritionally. I am 48, mother to a 20 & 21 yr old. Post c-section and I promise you, it is possible to get flat abs. I'm not 100% there, but I am determined to get there.

Jupoo, gymrat12, foxtrot and 1 others like this.
Old 01-17-2013, 08:49 PM

Dizzy is on a distinguished road
I have had 3 kids and I have also been working hard on getting that allusive flat tummy, too. I am really close (but unfortunately all the fat trimming just revealed that I have a lot of excess skin and a gap in my stomach muscles that I need repaired, so TT for me soon I hope).

It really comes down to diet (does the most), exercise, and focus on core strength training. My husband and I decided to make the big changes on our diet together and it really helped us both. Basically we removed most salty foods (causes bloating) and stopped adding salt (love seasonings, spices, and hot sauce), we try to only eat whole grain everything, low fat meat, and non-starchy vegetables, etc.

I don't have a lot of time so I exercise quickly with very little breaks (elliptical for 10-15 minutes, jog for a few minutes, core exercises, jog a few minutes, push ups, core exercises, etc.) Fast and intense!

Good luck!

gymrat12 and redhead48 like this.
Old 01-17-2013, 09:31 PM

soimpatient is on a distinguished road
I eat like crap but I have a ridiculously fast metabolism (which isnt as good as it sounds if I dont have an appetite I will lose fast and look liek a crackhead). I work out doing the brazil butt lift twice a week (even though it's supposed to be 5-6 days a week) and it kicks my ASS! Some heavier people I know use it as well and it has helped them lose and tighten at the same time. I love it because they have individualized programs based on body type. My program doesnt include a lot of cardio but my friend who is shorter and on the thicker side is doing cardio all the time with it. I've definitely noticed the muscle building all over, not just the booty. My arms, stomach, etc are showing definition and like I said I do 2 workouts per week.

just~for~me and TheDreamer like this.
Old 01-17-2013, 09:55 PM

Justwannabaddd is on a distinguished road
When I lost a lot of weight like you after pregnancy I used the Ab Coaster and my tummy was pretty flat. I've gone through three pregnancies.
Old 01-18-2013, 08:00 AM
I can haz boobs?

TripleD is on a distinguished road
Have you ever heard of Diastasis Recti? Since you have had kids, it might be that.....
Old 01-18-2013, 08:42 AM
Worth every penny.

just~for~me is on a distinguished road
Hate to sound like a broken record, but another vote for Brazil Butt Lift here! It really does do amazing things for your body... combined with proper nutrition, of course. I never would have imagined I'd have visible abs. Never would have imagined it in a million years! It really took me by surprise, and it was all from BBL.

just~for~me's plastic surgeon is Dr. Janet Turkle
VISIT WEBSITE
DOCTOR PROFILE
Old 03-26-2013, 11:42 AM
rockin' a new me!

BBLove86 is on a distinguished road
Originally Posted by LittleKitten View Post
I have 16% body fat and still have a pooch - a 'bike tyre' around my belly. (But low BF will probably help most people have a flat tummy)

This is just how I'm made, I reckon. My gut is the first place I gain weight. Must have lots of fat cells living there... Too sad :'(
my problem too! i've lost about 40lbs and gained quite a bit of muscle, have 19% bf (so not quite as low as yours, well done btw!!) but STILL have what I like to call a 'built-in muffin top'. A SUPER strict diet over a few months and I can start to see small changes, but it's not sustainable for me... I can maintain a clean diet and stick to calorie ranges but when I start limiting myself too much my mood suffers... it also suffers when I eat junk so I'm at a happy medium with nutrition now... but I'd still like to lose this belly! So frustrating!
Old 03-30-2013, 04:45 PM

Ive been doing insanity and its the first time that my stomach is finally slimming down!!! Maybe its because I have to use my core the whole time and at first I wasnt too sure what I was doing with the core thing. But now I have it down and finally starting to see some results!! Has anyone tried Insanity?

BBLove86 and currvyj like this.
Old 04-01-2013, 11:40 AM
rockin' a new me!

BBLove86 is on a distinguished road
Originally Posted by Jupoo View Post
Ive been doing insanity and its the first time that my stomach is finally slimming down!!! Maybe its because I have to use my core the whole time and at first I wasnt too sure what I was doing with the core thing. But now I have it down and finally starting to see some results!! Has anyone tried Insanity?
I have tried it (not regularly, it's my bf's and he keeps it at his house bc he does the workouts more than I would, LOL!) but the times I've tried it I've been sore for DAYS after!! And this is coming from a girl who lifts heavy at least 3x a week and does some other type of workouts 4-6x a week! It's really good, I just have to watch how much jumping I do so I don't hurt my knees Keep up the good work and keep us posted on your progress! I may have to sweet talk my BF into letting me borrow his copy In the meantime I'm going to start turbofire!!
Old 05-31-2013, 12:37 PM

Adriennexxo is on a distinguished road
Checkout Kathy Ireland's video Core Workout I believe it's called. Short workouts that work! She targets the lower belly in a few exercises
Reply Subscribe