Go Back   Just Breast Implants Forum Women's Beauty, Health, and Fitness

|
Forgot Username/Password?
Forum Home Blogs FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Women's Beauty, Health, and Fitness Use this forum to discuss beauty products, hair care, diets, fitness, etc.

Allergic to Earrings?

Old 12-23-2012, 04:53 AM
*building my empire one brick at a time*

#sunshine will become famous soon enough
Allergic to Earrings?

Hi, ladies. I'm soooo upset. I splurged a few months ago and bought some really nice Swarovski crystal earrings. About $200 for the pair. Now, it seems that I have had a horrible reaction to them. I took them out, like I normally do and my ears were a little red but I had just come in from outside so I didn't think anything of it because I live in Wisconsin and it's obviously really cold outside. So, fast forward to now. My ears are full of disgusting pus and blood and it won't dry or heal!!!!! I have been putting peroxide on them, I haven't been wearing anything in my ears and it won't go away! It's so gross! How do I get this to go away?? I'm just so irritated with the fact that I was trying to do something nice for myself and then I get an infection or whatever from it. It really makes me sad. Especially now that it won't go away. I've had a few days off from work and I have to go back today at 5 PM. I work in a food industry so I can't have gross pus coming from my ears and I would look so strange wearing bandaids on my ears. Help me!!! Please!
Old 12-23-2012, 05:55 AM
I <3 boobs

Cupcake85 is a jewel in the rough Cupcake85 is a jewel in the rough Cupcake85 is a jewel in the rough Cupcake85 is a jewel in the rough
Try salt water. 1 teaspoon salt to one mug boiled water and let it cool. Failing that methylated spirits works on infected piercings it dries out all the pus. With the earrings try painting the posts with clear nail polish. That's what I used to do. I can't wear earrings that don't have hypoallergenic posts or are real gold. What were the posts made of? At $200 I would think they would be 9 carat gold?
Old 12-23-2012, 06:20 AM

I'm not sure. They are silver in color, stud earrings. And of course, I no longer have the packaging. I will have to look online and see if I can find them on there. I'm so sad about this. And my ears are just making me miserable. Especially because they itch, too. I will have to try the saltwater... Wish me luck. Lol.
Old 12-23-2012, 07:24 AM
Boobies!...Finally! :)

*Meg* is a glorious beacon of light *Meg* is a glorious beacon of light *Meg* is a glorious beacon of light *Meg* is a glorious beacon of light *Meg* is a glorious beacon of light *Meg* is a glorious beacon of light
I agree with cupcake, go with methylated spirits (on a q-tip, using sparingly on the skin and yes it will sting a little)...It has always worked best for me for drying up and healing piercings. I always got a small medical total of it from my pharmacy when i had my ears pierced with them (sold as piercing solution) i usually soak and wash my earrings in it too, before I wear them, just to clean them.
Old 12-23-2012, 07:41 AM

Vball3 is an unknown quantity at this point
That's crazy ur allergic to them since they were so expensive! I always have to put Neosporin on the ends and then put them in my ears, it always works on any kind of earrings.
Old 12-23-2012, 09:25 AM
PM me if you need me, On a JBI Vacay! :)

LeNoob has a spectacular aura LeNoob has a spectacular aura
Sorry to hear about this...from now on I'd pay more attention to the metal than the stones. Not everyone reacts well to different types of silver. And high end retailers pass off silver all the time (ex. tiffany's). You will spend hundreds of dollars for some silver earrings there but it's still silver. Even if you have to pay a little more, I would spring for any gold. And I'd stay away from anything that is gold-plated (silver) because it will fade to silver eventually. All that glitters is not gold....
Old 12-23-2012, 02:32 PM

Ugh, yes, ladies. So far, I've been allergic or had some sort of infection with everything I put in my ears. That's one of the reasons I bought these in the first place. Next time, I'll definitely try gold but if those don't work, then I'm done with earrings altogether. I'm so sad because I really thought these earrings would be okay. And now, my ears look and feel terrible.
Old 12-23-2012, 04:43 PM
I <3 boobs

Cupcake85 is a jewel in the rough Cupcake85 is a jewel in the rough Cupcake85 is a jewel in the rough Cupcake85 is a jewel in the rough
Try gold. If not some people who are allergic to other metals can usually wear titanium. I don't know where you could find titanium earrings though it's very common and easy to find titanium body jewellery. There's also bioplast or bioflex which is plastic. Don't know if this is available in earrings or just body jewellery but you may be able to wear small gauge labret studs in your ears without stretching the holes. This can also be cut to size so it would fit your ears perfectly without excess bar hanging out.

It sounds like the earrings you bought were silver which a lot people have reactions too. I don't think they would be white gold as it is usually a lot more expensive than yellow gold