Go Back   Just Breast Implants Forum Women's Beauty, Health, and Fitness

|
Forgot Username/Password?
Forum Home Blogs FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Women's Beauty, Health, and Fitness Use this forum to discuss beauty products, hair care, diets, fitness, etc.

Like Tree20Likes
  • 3 Post By EliseRaine
  • 4 Post By alexis31
  • 1 Post By RunningWife
  • 1 Post By BBLove86
  • 2 Post By amkisses
  • 2 Post By bmw
  • 1 Post By cGee
  • 1 Post By BBLove86
  • 2 Post By Lilgirlz2
  • 1 Post By BBLove86
  • 1 Post By SunnyDays29
  • 1 Post By futurestar1

PS suggested Lipo - VENT!

Old 04-01-2013, 10:57 AM
rockin' a new me!

BBLove86 is on a distinguished road
PS suggested Lipo - VENT!

Ok. I just need to vent for a hot minute. I had my consult with the PS I chose to do my BA with (I figure he doesn't need to be my BFF haha, he needs to be amazing at what he does, and from what I've seen/heard, he is ) Before I get into this - NO offense to those that have had lipo, I just don't think it's for me.

He was polite and answered all of my questions without hesitation, BUT during my consult he kept suggesting that I needed lipo around my ''muffin top area''!!! Now, I am not 'model fit' or anything, and granted I've bulked up a little this winter LOL but at 5'-7" and 138lbs, I'm about 18-19% bf and still building muscle/leaning out. I know that I tend to carry my fat in my midsection and he was probably just trying to be helpful and/or get me in for another procedure BUT WTF!? Insulting. Furthermore, when I said 'Give me time, haha! I need to step up the lifting/cardio and step up my clean eating!' He replied, 'Ok, and when that doesn't work, come back and see me!'

It was semi-joking, like he kind of chuckled and I still really like him bc it seems like he does such a beautiful job with BA's but now I'm like WTF?! I do NOT think I need lipo and I'm def not getting it (...i'm stubborn, haha!). I've lost 30-40 lbs all on my own (from 30%bf to 18% now) and I'm pretty sure I can keep it up and lose the rest! He didn't say it was impossible but said what it would take me to get there was pretty much insane. GAH!!! I just had to vent, and I'm a sensitive person so obviously it bothered me when it may be minor in the scheme of things! Thanks for listening...
Old 04-01-2013, 11:15 AM

EliseRaine is on a distinguished road
That's BS, in my opinion. I'm sure in his eyes he is just looking to make everyone "perfect" since that's his job...but dang, blow to the confidence.

Also - I immediately looked @ your avi and was like holy crap what is this dr smoking!!!!
Old 04-01-2013, 11:21 AM

alexis31 is on a distinguished road
Thats a big "no no" ! I cant believe he suggested that. Sounds like he just wanted you to have another procedure to pad his wallet. I remember filing out a form with each PS consult and it asked if I was interested in any other procedures...if you answered no, this guy is a major dbag.

joyful, kcny33, BBLove86 and 1 others like this.
Old 04-01-2013, 11:22 AM
rockin' a new me!

Originally Posted by EliseRaine View Post
That's BS, in my opinion. I'm sure in his eyes he is just looking to make everyone "perfect" since that's his job...but dang, blow to the confidence.

Also - I immediately looked @ your avi and was like holy crap what is this dr smoking!!!!
OMGosh! I was just going to change my avi since it's not 'me' and I just read in the guidelines that's not allowed, whoops!! LOL I wish I looked that good!!
Old 04-01-2013, 11:30 AM

RunningWife is on a distinguished road
Omgggg I would be so offended! Keep up the good work with your eating and exercise & all will come together!! :hug:

joyful likes this.
Old 04-01-2013, 11:35 AM
rockin' a new me!

Originally Posted by RunningWife View Post
Omgggg I would be so offended! Keep up the good work with your eating and exercise & all will come together!! :hug:
I know right?! Hahah, my boyfriend sat up straight and was like 'I don't think she needs anything!' and I was like 'Just give me time!' Despite hurt feelings and the blow to the self esteem, I'm now feeling like it was KIND of good in a twisted way because now I have allllllllll sorts of motivation to stick to my clean eating and workouts!! I will probably be thanking him for more than just boobies in a few months, haha!

joyful likes this.
Old 04-11-2013, 04:54 PM
Boobs make me happy <3

amkisses will become famous soon enough amkisses will become famous soon enough
Seriously - you are TINY!!!
Now if my doctor suggested it - I would tell him to go ahead but do it on his dime because I don't have the money (but could definitely use it!!)
Ugh. You do NOT need lipo!

joyful and BBLove86 like this.
Old 04-11-2013, 07:13 PM
bmw

bmw is on a distinguished road
That reminds me of going to get your eyeberows waxed and them asking if I want my upper lip waxed too. What?! First of all what exactly do you think I have on my lip that needs waxed. And secondly, RUDE!

Clearly yours is much worse, but it just goes to show people are stupid and don't think before they open their mouth. 5'7" and 138 is tiny.

joyful and BBLove86 like this.
Old 04-12-2013, 12:22 AM

cGee is on a distinguished road
one of the PS's I had a consult with said the same thing! He didn't want to lipo my stomach though, he wanted to get the little fat pockets in front of my armpits and lipo my ribs. He was even willing to pay for it but I decided not to go with him since he wasn't board certified. My point is he made me self conscious about something I wasn't really all that worried about before- and something which I could fix myself if I dropped a few pounds. Don't let that get to you it just sounds like he wants to book another procedure and take some more of your hard earned money Btw you do not need lipo you are tiny!!! I'm 3 inches shorter and 40 lbs heavier and won't do it so you def. shouldn't!

joyful likes this.
Old 04-12-2013, 09:11 AM
rockin' a new me!

Originally Posted by bmw View Post
That reminds me of going to get your eyeberows waxed and them asking if I want my upper lip waxed too. What?! First of all what exactly do you think I have on my lip that needs waxed. And secondly, RUDE!

Clearly yours is much worse, but it just goes to show people are stupid and don't think before they open their mouth. 5'7" and 138 is tiny.
OMG that comparison is spot on, I'm cracking up!! Yeah when they ask I'm like thinking to myself, 'oh... is it really that hairy!?!? omg well maybe you should!' HAHA

joyful likes this.
Old 04-12-2013, 09:17 AM
rockin' a new me!

Originally Posted by cGee View Post
one of the PS's I had a consult with said the same thing! He didn't want to lipo my stomach though, he wanted to get the little fat pockets in front of my armpits and lipo my ribs. He was even willing to pay for it but I decided not to go with him since he wasn't board certified. My point is he made me self conscious about something I wasn't really all that worried about before- and something which I could fix myself if I dropped a few pounds. Don't let that get to you it just sounds like he wants to book another procedure and take some more of your hard earned money Btw you do not need lipo you are tiny!!! I'm 3 inches shorter and 40 lbs heavier and won't do it so you def. shouldn't!
Thank you! Ugh I know... I was self-conscious about it before so this kind of hit the nail on the head that it really is noticeable Thank you for saying that! I've lost about 30-40lbs and packed on some muscle, and I know that the fat that I have left to lose is in my tummy area which is why I've been working on keeping my nutrition clean and getting those workouts in. It was just kind of a slap in the face of all my hard work so far you know? And the fact that he said diet and exercise won't work, I got my back up about that, there's nothing a clean diet and working out can't do in my opinion! Maybe he meant that most people weren't dedicated enough? I have no clue... and it made me feel like the 'spare tire' around my tummy is magnified - granted I was bloated and I know in reality it's not that bad and may not be THAT noticeable but I'm a perfectionist and it was just upsetting.
Old 04-12-2013, 09:18 AM

Lilgirlz2 will become famous soon enough
Habana I'm blond and don't have any facial hair that I can see. Nail salon suggest that every time. Pisses me off

joyful and 1stclassupgrade like this.
Old 04-12-2013, 09:19 AM
rockin' a new me!

Originally Posted by amkisses View Post
Seriously - you are TINY!!!
Now if my doctor suggested it - I would tell him to go ahead but do it on his dime because I don't have the money (but could definitely use it!!)
Ugh. You do NOT need lipo!
Thank you so much for your kind words LOL 'do it on his dime' that's great

You ladies are the best, I love the support here! I don't know what I'd do without being able to get feedback and read through the forums here.

Thanks again!

joyful likes this.
Old 04-12-2013, 09:22 AM
rockin' a new me!

Originally Posted by Lilgirlz2 View Post
Habana I'm blond and don't have any facial hair that I can see. Nail salon suggest that every time. Pisses me off
LOL see my hair is BLACK so you can see every damn hair.... ugh maintenance is a beeeeyatch! I feel like I'm constantly having to get my eyebrows done and shaving LOL! I should invest in laser hair removal, it'd probably save me soo much time
Old 04-12-2013, 09:51 AM

SunnyDays29 is on a distinguished road
I wouldve been pretty pissed as well....I love my body and it's my choice to suggest lip, not anyone else's. The problem with these surgeons is sometimes they turn into salesmen without knowing it. As sad as that sounds, its kinda part of their job. BUT with that said, he should let the patient tell him what procedures they would be interested in, and then and ONLY then, his salesman side should come out!

joyful likes this.
Old 04-12-2013, 10:10 AM
Loving my ladies!!!

futurestar1 is an unknown quantity at this point
Seriously?! Thats crazy! I would be soooo pissed off! Girl just from seeing your profile pic and avi, you look fantastic!!! I wished I had your flat stomach!

joyful likes this.
Old 04-12-2013, 10:18 AM
rockin' a new me!

Originally Posted by futurestar1 View Post
Seriously?! Thats crazy! I would be soooo pissed off! Girl just from seeing your profile pic and avi, you look fantastic!!! I wished I had your flat stomach!
Thanks girl - your siggy pic looks like you have a bangin' body though!! I wish my tummy looked like that. I just have this layer that won't budge but I know it's a sloooow process so I'm just trying to get my workouts in and keep my diet clean. It takes a few weeks to start seeing results I've noticed so I just need to stick it out! I'd loveee to have a more defined mid-section!

I'm praying I can stick to my guns and continue to eat clean through my recovery so I don't put on weight (I am trying to mentally prepare for the inevitable bloat and other issues that will make the scale go up hahahaha) but I don't wanna gain any FAT. I will probably lose some muscle sadly but I can always get that back later. I tend to eat for 'comfort' and I'm a horrible emotional eater so I may be on the 'weight loss' boards for support!!
Old 04-12-2013, 01:54 PM

cGee is on a distinguished road
Originally Posted by BBLove86 View Post
Thank you! Ugh I know... I was self-conscious about it before so this kind of hit the nail on the head that it really is noticeable Thank you for saying that! I've lost about 30-40lbs and packed on some muscle, and I know that the fat that I have left to lose is in my tummy area which is why I've been working on keeping my nutrition clean and getting those workouts in. It was just kind of a slap in the face of all my hard work so far you know? And the fact that he said diet and exercise won't work, I got my back up about that, there's nothing a clean diet and working out can't do in my opinion! Maybe he meant that most people weren't dedicated enough? I have no clue... and it made me feel like the 'spare tire' around my tummy is magnified - granted I was bloated and I know in reality it's not that bad and may not be THAT noticeable but I'm a perfectionist and it was just upsetting.
I feel like he was kinda playing on your insecurity just to make some money which pisses me off! Yes, sometimes when people lose all the weight they can, there is still a little bit of fat left in certain places and only lipo can fix it. But your saying you still have some work to do, and you are also toning the area, so who is he to say that some ab workouts wont define your muscles. I'm sure your belly isn't that bad to begin with! Also its on your stomach, not your back or neck. Keep doing what your doing & show him in a few months that you didn't need it!
Old 04-12-2013, 03:33 PM
rockin' a new me!

Originally Posted by cGee View Post
I feel like he was kinda playing on your insecurity just to make some money which pisses me off! Yes, sometimes when people lose all the weight they can, there is still a little bit of fat left in certain places and only lipo can fix it. But your saying you still have some work to do, and you are also toning the area, so who is he to say that some ab workouts wont define your muscles. I'm sure your belly isn't that bad to begin with! Also its on your stomach, not your back or neck. Keep doing what your doing & show him in a few months that you didn't need it!
Yeah! Hahah omgosh that's what I told my bf!! I said ok thanks for the motivation, you'll see in a few months when my body is bannngin so thanks for the amazing (I hope lol!!) boobies and the amazing motivation to stick to my goals! Lol my bf said afterwards 'clearly he doesn't know how much willpower you have when you set your mind on something! It's not horrible but I am working on it- yepp def have work to do but enjoying the journey!

Ill say it again- you guys are the best!!!