Go Back   Just Breast Implants Forum Women's Beauty, Health, and Fitness

|
Forgot Username/Password?
Forum Home Blogs FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Women's Beauty, Health, and Fitness Use this forum to discuss beauty products, hair care, diets, fitness, etc.

Like Tree5Likes
  • 1 Post By mainelylady
  • 2 Post By PurpleV1xen
  • 1 Post By hmc76
  • 1 Post By PurpleV1xen

Insanity???

Old 04-22-2013, 01:00 AM

justAsh4 is on a distinguished road
Question Insanity???

Has anyone tried it? What were your results? Is it as hard as it looks? Should i start by losing more weight before i try the program?

I'm currently weighing in at 177 (minus the boob weight 173ish), and it seems that most of my weight is in my abdominal area. I also have to kids that were both c-section births and hear it's harder to lose weight in the stomach if you've had a c-section (given my youngest is 3)

I'll be 28 in November and my goal is to at least be at my goal weight by then. My goal weight is 139 (i say 139 because the give or take 4ish lbs for boobies lol) All i know is that I'm sick of beating myself up over this i have no excuse for not being able to make my goal by or before my birthday..

Please let me know any suggestions you ladies might have! TIA
Old 04-22-2013, 05:34 AM

mainelylady is on a distinguished road
I did insanity 2rounds after my second baby. It gives fantastic results! If you stick with it it'd be impossible to not transform your body . However it isn't "tough" as it is challenging to stay with it.

I won't do it now that I got my ba though,its really a hard chest workout and I don't like how implants look when people work their chests with implants. It seems to push them apart?

Good luck hun

justAsh4 likes this.
Old 04-22-2013, 05:36 AM

PurpleV1xen is on a distinguished road
insanity is exactly that, INSANE! But it totally works! I did it just before my hubby got home from deployment and WOW, the results were incredible! Just ease into it, I made the mistake and went all out the first workout and I was in so much pain the next day!

justAsh4 and Insaniac like this.
Old 04-22-2013, 07:15 AM

hmc76 is on a distinguished road
Is it possible to modify the workout so you get low impact chest/minimal chest during this??

Insaniac likes this.
Old 04-22-2013, 07:16 AM

springchikboobs is on a distinguished road
The challenge for me doing insanity is the diet. Workouts are great my only complaint is that I wish there were more in the program that were as challenging as the max plyo and max circuit.
Old 04-22-2013, 07:23 AM

PurpleV1xen is on a distinguished road
Originally Posted by springchikboobs View Post
The challenge for me doing insanity is the diet. Workouts are great my only complaint is that I wish there were more in the program that were as challenging as the max plyo and max circuit.
I agree! after doing it for a little bit, I got bored! It's a great workout, but very repetitive! and after doing it for awhile it wasn't challenging enough as when I first started and my muscles weren't familiar with the workout! I got results though and that made me happy

springchikboobs likes this.
Old 04-22-2013, 07:44 AM

Originally Posted by PurpleV1xen View Post
I agree! after doing it for a little bit, I got bored! It's a great workout, but very repetitive! and after doing it for awhile it wasn't challenging enough as when I first started and my muscles weren't familiar with the workout! I got results though and that made me happy
I have tried some of the other beachbody workouts; brazillian butt lift, Turbo fire, P90x, and Les mills combat. I just like the way Shaun T. does his workouts, there isn't a lot of goofy jokes and what not. He has Asylum 1 & 2, plus a 20 minute fast and furious workout. What I do is integrate these together. I think he is also coming out with a new one soon, it is called Focus T 25. I just like his style of working out.
Old 04-22-2013, 09:25 PM

justAsh4 is on a distinguished road
Thank you for all of the replies! I'm going to buy the insanity and Brazilian butt lift DVDs and hope like hell it worths lol.
Old 04-25-2013, 10:59 AM

Mistyk is on a distinguished road
Hey ladies, I am 7 weeks post op, and getting into a regular excercise schedule again!! YAY!! I actually have an Insanity Challenge, and Beast Body Challenge coming up May 6th, I have two spots left, if anyone is interested! I had the chance to try out the new T25, workout, and it has similar moves to insanity, but is 25 minutes, non stop, and a little less challenging than, Insanity! Insanity is actually on sale right now, if anyone wants to join me on the 6th! You can go to my link in my signature for more info!
Old 04-27-2013, 01:52 PM

Insaniac is on a distinguished road
I am 9 days post op and I started doing month one pure cardio on day 7. MAKE SURE that you scale down everything that has to do with your arms, ie do not put your arms over your head when inhaling during the stretch, do not put your arms above your head while doing jumping jacks (I make fists and put them down by my side and only bend my elbows when my feet are out during the jacks). do not hold your arms in front during mummy kicks, no holding your palms up during hip flexor stretches, and I substitute level 1 drills with power squats, push up jacks with high knees, during hooks and jumps I do not do 4 high jumps, rather 8 speed ropes and I don't punch because that uses your pecs, power jacks with power squats, and floor sprints with switch heel kicks. While doing power knees I DO NOT lift my arms, I just use my abs and hold onto my sports bra straps during the power knee. No getting down on the floor period. I made the mistake of trying to do a suicide jump and really screwed up my left pectoral muscle. I want to look in sick shape for when my husband gets back from his training thing and I'm just doing as much as I feel comfortable with. I will not be doing anything involving high jumps, push ups, planks, anything that uses my pecs until at least week 4. I AM ONLY DOING PURE CARDIO simply because the rest of the videos use a lot more upper body strength and this one seems to be the easiest to substitute. IMPORTANT TO NOTE- I might be a complete idiot because I haven't cleared Insanity with my surgeon. He did say I could start doing cardio after a week...soo... hehehe. I did get a TUBA so there's no scar that I have to worry about. I think I covered most of the exercises during the video but substitute whatever is comfortable for you. I can't stress enough not to use your pecs, I was in SEVERE pain and thought I messed up my implant. Thank God it was only minor and I felt better the next day.BTW I found an UnderArmour sports bra that zips closed in the front and says it's for maximum impact and boy is it worth the $50. I've done one whole round of Insanity and lost 30 lbs, went from an 11 to a 7 and then I had my TUBA. Keep on keepin' on and be safe. I hope this helps. If anyone has any advice for me please post. I'm still figuring this out myself

pre op 34b/c post op 34dd/ddd, 6'2'' 155lbs 24yrs old
Old 04-27-2013, 01:55 PM

Originally Posted by Insaniac View Post
I am 9 days post op and I started doing month one pure cardio on day 7. MAKE SURE that you scale down everything that has to do with your arms, ie do not put your arms over your head when inhaling during the stretch, do not put your arms above your head while doing jumping jacks (I make fists and put them down by my side and only bend my elbows when my feet are out during the jacks). do not hold your arms in front during mummy kicks, no holding your palms up during hip flexor stretches, and I substitute level 1 drills with power squats, push up jacks with high knees, during hooks and jumps I do not do 4 high jumps, rather 8 speed ropes and I don't punch because that uses your pecs, power jacks with power squats, and floor sprints with switch heel kicks. While doing power knees I DO NOT lift my arms, I just use my abs and hold onto my sports bra straps during the power knee. No getting down on the floor period. I made the mistake of trying to do a suicide jump and really screwed up my left pectoral muscle. I want to look in sick shape for when my husband gets back from his training thing and I'm just doing as much as I feel comfortable with. I will not be doing anything involving high jumps, push ups, planks, anything that uses my pecs until at least week 4. I AM ONLY DOING PURE CARDIO simply because the rest of the videos use a lot more upper body strength and this one seems to be the easiest to substitute. IMPORTANT TO NOTE- I might be a complete idiot because I haven't cleared Insanity with my surgeon. He did say I could start doing cardio after a week...soo... hehehe. I did get a TUBA so there's no scar that I have to worry about. I think I covered most of the exercises during the video but substitute whatever is comfortable for you. I can't stress enough not to use your pecs, I was in SEVERE pain and thought I messed up my implant. Thank God it was only minor and I felt better the next day.BTW I found an UnderArmour sports bra that zips closed in the front and says it's for maximum impact and boy is it worth the $50. I've done one whole round of Insanity and lost 30 lbs, went from an 11 to a 7 and then I had my TUBA. Keep on keepin' on and be safe. I hope this helps. If anyone has any advice for me please post. I'm still figuring this out myself

pre op 34b/c post op 34dd/ddd, 6'2'' 155lbs 24yrs old
Thanks for the tip on the sports bra!!!!
Old 05-11-2013, 04:19 PM

SuperPetite will become famous soon enough
I tried it, got just over halfway done the whole thing. It is very difficult, for me at least. But if you stick to it and give it all you've got, you will see results.
Insanity is just not for me, my fitness level wasnt high enough...I still do the cardio abs workout tho. So now Im doing Josies 30 second slim, its a really great HIIT workout and ive lost 9 pounds.
Old 05-13-2013, 01:59 PM

juicy01 is on a distinguished road
I've been doing HiiT workouts too & they're awesome. I think I'm going to try and start Insanity again b/c it's sitting on my shelf collecting dust right now, lol. You will love.it & get insane results. I did one round a year ago & people I hadn't seen in a while said I looked better than ever
Old 05-13-2013, 02:09 PM

ifb01 is on a distinguished road
You just have to be honest and consistent with it and results will come.

My friend loved the P90x one but it requires you to go out and buy dumbbells and a pullup bar so theres another option if you have the extra money to spend