Go Back   Just Breast Implants Forum Women's Beauty, Health, and Fitness

|
Forgot Username/Password?
Forum Home Blogs FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Women's Beauty, Health, and Fitness Use this forum to discuss beauty products, hair care, diets, fitness, etc.

Like Tree5Likes

Brazilian Wax- Holy $#!&

Reply Subscribe
Old 06-13-2013, 05:32 PM

PositivePatient is on a distinguished road
Brazilian Wax- Holy $#!&

I am 1 hour post brazilian wax...... WOW. I wasn't expecting that.
Everyone told me it would hurt, but I'm over here thinking "I've had a boob job... I can take it!"
No.....
The pain is ridiculous, and it still hurts. I'm 2 glasses of wine in the numb the pain. The worst part is I thought I'd be smooth as a baby's bottom, but I've still got some short stubby hairs.

I know it gets better the more you go, but how do you work up the courage??
Personal experience would be helpful.

Thanks!
Old 06-13-2013, 06:23 PM
ksuzie

mommaKtwenty12 is on a distinguished road
LOL yes it definitely I feel your pain haha... I was stationed in Germany and have only had it done there and they would really wax the "lips" a few times in a row!! Whaaaaat I thought they were gonna make me bleed lol I would be HURTING! My favorite part about the waxing though is after its done a couple time you still have to shave but barely so it's not as uncomfortable I would def buy some stud for ingrown hairs though just in case! Oh and it's a little easier if you take some ibuprofen or something before you go!
Old 06-14-2013, 10:09 PM
JBI's Recovery Freak of Nature.

KayKay1206 is a splendid one to behold KayKay1206 is a splendid one to behold KayKay1206 is a splendid one to behold KayKay1206 is a splendid one to behold KayKay1206 is a splendid one to behold KayKay1206 is a splendid one to behold KayKay1206 is a splendid one to behold
I get sugared, so theres no pain (search around threads in this forum. Ive posted about it all over )

DO NOT shave between sessions! Trust me! I made the mistake of it one time, and it was a lesson learned! Never again! LOL

Sessions following will hurt less/not at all. You want to go back before the hair reroots/makes home back in the follicle. I go once a month to get sugared and its nothin! Wait too long and it'll feel as bad as the 1st time!
Old 06-14-2013, 10:49 PM

Baabyboobies is on a distinguished road
I only got part of the way through my first wax, no way was I letting her near me after the first half. Now I get laser treatments, painful but not as bad as waxing and the results last longer.
Old 06-14-2013, 10:55 PM

happy2b50 is on a distinguished road
I just started waxing 4 months ago and it does get better. Especially since the grow back is lighter.
Old 06-17-2013, 09:23 AM

Gigem09 is on a distinguished road
I've been getting waxed once a month for years! Yes, the pain is uncomfortable, but I'd rather have 10 minutes of pain than the hassle of shaving so much. My hair grows super fast after shaving, but after waxing it does come in thinner and slower.
Give it at least one more try! Pop a few Tylenol about 30 minutes before your appointment, or a cocktail , and see if that helps.
Old 06-17-2013, 10:14 AM
snv

snv is on a distinguished road
You ladies are crazzzzy!! I give you my applaud I dont think i could EVER get a brazilian wax. Ive had 3 babies, a boob job, surgery on my leg and couldnt imagine the pain of that!! I close my eyes and bite my teeth when i get my eyebrows waxed i couldnt imagine my whooha. God bless all you ladies that get this done
Old 06-17-2013, 01:11 PM

Waitedsolong is on a distinguished road
It definitely does hurt the first time, but gets easier because the hair becomes thinner. It also helps if the person waxing you is experienced in Brazilian waxing, so they get it right the first time and there is no need to re-wax an area. Also, cream wax helps ease the pain.

Scottieshottie likes this.
Old 06-17-2013, 01:42 PM

LilyBlack will become famous soon enough
I've never got waxed, sounds weird that it still hurts afterwards. You should try sugaring. It hurts too, but it's over in 10minutes and theres no pain after that. I used to get sugared once in a month, but now I'm doing it myself at home. Takes a little practice, but it's totally worth it.
Old 06-17-2013, 01:54 PM

BoobNoob is on a distinguished road
Never did a Brazilian. Got my first bikini wax about 6 years ago and got a mild burn. Never again. I did my own bikini line with hard wax last year and hesitated pulling each section I did, because you want to pull but are wincing before you even do anything lol. Haven't done it since. I'm a shaver. I have, however, been getting a full leg wax and the tattoos on my inner forearm & on the side from wrist to elbow waxed, just to keep them more vibrant when I have moisturizer on. The hair on my legs after 3 waxes is so much more fine and lighter in color when it's growing in, and there's less and less of it. Looking at it, you can barely tell there's hair when it's time for another one.

I partook in my first underarm wax this morning, since it'll be difficult to shave the next week. THAT stung more than the top of the foot and almost as bad as the bikini area. This is coming from someone who can somehow take a tattoo needle without a flinch. Lol. Makes sense, right? :P
Old 06-17-2013, 08:06 PM
Life is Better at the Lake!

LakeGirl2010 is on a distinguished road
I have waxed once ... well - down there! I used to get my eyebrows waxed all the time and would nearly fall asleep I found it so soothing!
So, I decided that it was time to just wax it all off - we were going to Mexico again and I figured if I could get waxed the week before, I would not need to shave at all while we were gone. I said 'these nether regions ... take it ALL!!' Well, the gal who did it did a complete hack job. I'm glad I kneed her in the boob! It was so horrid. I had to shave the next day and have just stuck with shaving since.
I guess I'm gun shy now - I'm afraid to try again and get another crappy job. Never had my legs done - tried it once myself and hollered and cried after one strip.
Old 06-17-2013, 08:14 PM

ninjagirl is on a distinguished road
Make sure you're going to a good spa, not a nail salon. Also, it has to be good wax. I'll ask my place what kind of wax they use.

One tip, schedule your appointment about a week after your period stops. It hurts more as you get closer to your period. So sorry it was a bad experience!

keva likes this.
Old 06-17-2013, 08:16 PM

ninjagirl is on a distinguished road
Ok, just went to spa's website.

Our hair removal technique uses Nufree. Nufree is an antimicrobial, wax-free, botanical hair removal system that is gentle and effective.

It's an Aveda Spa...
Old 06-17-2013, 08:23 PM
~DrEaMiNg Of 1000 cC's~

BlueEyedDevil will become famous soon enough BlueEyedDevil will become famous soon enough
Lol! So for me it did not get better...I did it 3-4 times and said forget it. My eyes teared up every time lol! I found a trick though for shaving. Ive been using coconut oil instead of shaving cream, it doesnt give me bumps and much smoother and softer...

Bfmama likes this.
The Following User Says Thank You to BlueEyedDevil For This Useful Post:
Old 06-26-2013, 02:43 PM

beccabear is on a distinguished road
Ouch! It does hurt a LOT but I think maybe you should try elsewhere before you give up, it shouldn't have hurt so much and there really shouldn't be hairs left!
In my experience sometimes the sh*ttier beauticians hurt more, I don't know why?
It does get better the more you do it though. Oh and I always take 2 paracetamol and 2 ibuprofen before haha!
Old 07-01-2013, 08:56 PM

DeePlus2 is on a distinguished road
I looove waxing! I remember my first time and i was a bit scared, but it wasnt that bad. I think what helped alot was the lady doing it for me was conversating wth me to help me forget about the pain. She also gave me a heads up on the area that was gonna hurt the most. I was adviced to wear a dress that day and afterwards she sprayed something down there to help the redness. She also gave me a popsicle to hold in th area for my ride home. Lol

Reading this makes me feel a bit at ease about my future BA. I wish it was such a breeze!

p.s. The place i go to uses reg wax and hard wax for some areas as well. The hard wax is the less painful IMO.

hockeymom29 likes this.
Old 07-01-2013, 09:10 PM

keva is on a distinguished road
Originally Posted by ninjagirl View Post

One tip, schedule your appointment about a week after your period stops. It hurts more as you get closer to your period. So sorry it was a bad experience!
I was going to suggest this as well! Ouchy ouchy.
Old 07-06-2013, 09:19 PM

wantingboobiess is on a distinguished road
I had my first one a few years back and I honestly didnt think it hurt at all! Haha
Old 07-06-2013, 09:46 PM

amandabc is on a distinguished road
oh god.. give me a razor every few days over ever getting a brazilian again!! i got one before my first visit to my dh's duty station.. i did not want to have to shave that weekend..... uh huh, i will never do that again the girl waxing me asked if i wanted my pants to scream into lol i didnt actually scream but i held them over my face just to make myself feel better. it wasnt worth it to me at all....

i guess it gets better the more you get waxed, but im not willing to find out
Old 07-20-2013, 08:48 PM
Loving my girls <3

Scottieshottie is on a distinguished road
Originally Posted by Waitedsolong View Post
It definitely does hurt the first time, but gets easier because the hair becomes thinner. It also helps if the person waxing you is experienced in Brazilian waxing, so they get it right the first time and there is no need to re-wax an area. Also, cream wax helps ease the pain.
Agreed - An experienced person can get it done quickly and done right. And it does get better with time.
I used numbing gel the spa provided for my first time (bc i was soo nervous!!) and after that I just dealt with it and it was never that bad as long as you keep up with it.
Reply Subscribe