Go Back   Just Breast Implants Forum Women's Beauty, Health, and Fitness

|
Forgot Username/Password?
Forum Home Blogs FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Women's Beauty, Health, and Fitness Use this forum to discuss beauty products, hair care, diets, fitness, etc.

Like Tree5Likes
  • 2 Post By hmc76
  • 1 Post By justAsh4
  • 1 Post By LakeGirl2010
  • 1 Post By keva

most accurate weight

Old 07-23-2013, 01:08 PM

justAsh4 is on a distinguished road
Question most accurate weight

I know that everyone and google (lol) say the best time to weigh yourself, for the most accurate weight, is first thing in the morning, after you use the restroom and naked.

Here's the thing, i woke up this morning at 5 to pee and of course jumped on the scale! My weight: 188#
(Of course nothing to eat or drink.)
Then a little later in the day (around 1ish) i weighed myself again and it said 191#. (still nothing to eat or drink.) Same scale!

Yes i know stop getting on the scale every second of the day.. Weigh once a week ect but i can't help myself.

Background: I just started taking phentermine (no judgment please) on Sunday 7/21. Its working for the most part, like during all day but in the evening i start to get cravings. I'm only on 15mg. most people start at 30-37.5mg. I think i need a higher dosage and will talk with my Dr about it on my next appt.

Ok. Without all the rambling, WHICH WEIGHT WOULD YOU GO BY? AND WHY WAS IT SUCH A BIG DIFFERENCE WHEN THE ONLY FACTOR THAT CHANGED WAS THE TIME OF DAY?

TIA for any replies!
Old 07-23-2013, 01:52 PM

HappyGirl07 is on a distinguished road
If I were you, I would take the average between the two! However, instead of focusing on weight, try focusing on inches! Measure your waist, hips, thighs, and upper arms once or twice a month. After all, weight has NO correlation to your health! I know it's tough to not obsess, but checking your progress will only make you stressed out the more you do it, and stress doesn't help with weight loss! Good luck girl and don't lose your motivation to keep going!
The Following User Says Thank You to HappyGirl07 For This Useful Post:
Old 07-23-2013, 02:14 PM

hmc76 is on a distinguished road
I always, ALWAYS take the VERY FIRST reading of when I wake up in the morning...pee and get on the scale NAKED! THAT should be your true weight

LakeGirl2010 and Golden mom like this.
The Following User Says Thank You to hmc76 For This Useful Post:
Old 07-23-2013, 11:27 PM

Smile

Thank you ladies for the replies! I'm going to ask DH to hide the scale until Friday morning so I'm not constantly jumping on it lol. And I'm going to try to just weigh on Fridays and in the morning as soon as i get up.

LakeGirl2010 likes this.
Old 07-23-2013, 11:32 PM

Room2 is on a distinguished road
Thumbs up

Take half of the pill in the a.m. And other half at 12. I used it and weighed 220 and now 160 in 3 months time. Go by the weight in the morning! Good for you! Good luck
The Following User Says Thank You to Room2 For This Useful Post:
Old 07-23-2013, 11:38 PM

Originally Posted by Room2 View Post
Take half of the pill in the a.m. And other half at 12. I used it and weighed 220 and now 160 in 3 months time. Go by the weight in the morning! Good for you! Good luck
Thank you! And congratulations on your weight loss!

Its a capsule tho, can i still break it in half?
Old 07-28-2013, 05:18 PM
Life is Better at the Lake!

LakeGirl2010 is on a distinguished road
True weight is in the am, naked, after pee.

We usually fluctuate in weight during the day - at night we are our heaviest.
I naturally fluctuate 5 lbs - up 3lbs from what I weighed at in the am and down 2lbs.
I've known other people to fluctuate 10 or 2. Depends on what we are eating and how active we are possibly, along with our metabolism. I have always, since high school, fluctuated the down two up three.

Hubs used to hide the scale on me too - I gained quite a bit of weight and became obsessed. Now I weigh myself once a week on Saturday. Actually, I've moved to once a month with my latest fitness routines.

How you feel is really the best, but for medical purposes etc, definitely the first number of the day.

justAsh4 likes this.
Old 07-28-2013, 05:58 PM
💋💋30 24 35...wanna be more like 34 24 35💋💋

slvrdroplets is on a distinguished road
You want to weigh yourself in the morning because while you sleep your colon and bladder also "sleep"...going into a state of near inactivity...along with most of your organs. Within 30 minutes of waking all of your organs...including your colon and bladder get started back to work, meaning you begin retaining fluid and processing waste and your stomach fills with acid, etc..therefore, your fasting weight will be the lowest and most accurate body weight of the day.
The Following User Says Thank You to slvrdroplets For This Useful Post:
Old 07-28-2013, 06:56 PM

keva is on a distinguished road
Originally Posted by Room2 View Post
Take half of the pill in the a.m. And other half at 12.
Yep! Actually I took my other half at 11:00, but my dr. hadn't mentioned that trick, a friend of mine told me about it.

Glad to see this thread b/c I have a dr appt in the morning and I totally forgot I wanted to start up again now that surgery is past.

justAsh4 likes this.
Old 07-28-2013, 09:26 PM

shera02 is on a distinguished road
I'm not judging you for taking phen just make sure you do it no more than 3 months... I took phen and it works! But I took it for a long period of time and my hair fell out (by chunks) and now my heart does this weird thing where it flutters :/ and it's so f-king hard up loose weight now :/ and I'm doing it the right way.... And 15g seems kinda low see if your dr will up the dose. I lost 54 lbs a few yrs back.... So easy to lose but man so easy to gain all of it back! So lose it and maintain!!!! Don't do what I did... And think you'll always be skinny haha

Anyway like the other ladies stated focus on inches and lift weights to tighten up because your weight will drop and don't want to be flabby the scale and I fight every morning but I love how my clothes are fitting me! Good luck!
The Following User Says Thank You to shera02 For This Useful Post:
Old 07-28-2013, 09:51 PM

Hi ladies, thanks for all the replies!

I upped my side to 30mg (1 pill around 8am and the 2nd around 1pm) and its working so much better for me. I'm down 6# since i started (one week ago), glad its gone and ready for the rest to follow. This week I'm going to start exercising and incorporating weights.

I'll keep you all updated. Wish me luck!
Old 07-28-2013, 10:05 PM
Working as an LVN and in School Pursuing my RN

breastbeauty will become famous soon enough
We're u naked the second time?
Old 07-28-2013, 10:17 PM

Originally Posted by breastbeauty View Post
We're u naked the second time?
Honestly i can't even remember lol. Now I'm just weighing in the am first thing out if bed and of course after my first trip to the ladies room.
Old 08-05-2013, 12:17 AM

Talking Update

I'm weighing in on Sundays and so far I'm down 9#

Glad to be rid of it and can't wait for the rest to follow!