Go Back   Just Breast Implants Forum Women's Beauty, Health, and Fitness

|
Forgot Username/Password?
Forum Home Blogs FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Women's Beauty, Health, and Fitness Use this forum to discuss beauty products, hair care, diets, fitness, etc.

Like Tree92Likes

♥ JBI's Beauty Bag ♥

Reply Subscribe
Old 11-11-2013, 09:17 PM
5'1" & 125lbs

BC A2C is a splendid one to behold BC A2C is a splendid one to behold BC A2C is a splendid one to behold BC A2C is a splendid one to behold BC A2C is a splendid one to behold BC A2C is a splendid one to behold
Lightbulb ♥ JBI's Beauty Bag ♥

Ladies of JBI

I've created a place where we can share our ultimate beauty finds...and perhaps those purchases that weren't all that we'd hope they would be.

Over my 2 years on JBI I can honestly say that 90%+ of my purchases have been influenced by suggestions I've stumbled across one on of these threads. I've also gotten amazing and practical advice when I reach out on a specific product or issue I'm looking into.

I'm a pro at starting threads in this forum whether it's on my obsession with Sephora gift sets and promotions, impulsive purchases of products I've never tried (Exhibit A and Exhibit B), and of course, what started this whole new obsession of mine.

So post it all here! The good, the bad, and the ugly (the pretty never hurts though ). What product could you never live without? Which ones were major let downs for you?

Brand new purchases are always the best and we can all live vicariously through one another's shopping trips.

Credit goes to HotMagenta for suggesting this one
Old 11-11-2013, 09:27 PM

HotMagenta will become famous soon enough HotMagenta will become famous soon enough
Annnnd it just so happens Im going shopping tomorrow...

VISIT WEBSITE
DOCTOR PROFILE
Old 11-11-2013, 11:39 PM
5'1" & 125lbs

BC A2C is a splendid one to behold BC A2C is a splendid one to behold BC A2C is a splendid one to behold BC A2C is a splendid one to behold BC A2C is a splendid one to behold BC A2C is a splendid one to behold
Originally Posted by HotMagenta View Post
Annnnd it just so happens Im going shopping tomorrow...
It's going to be trouble! I haven't tried out all of the stuff that I got at Sephora this week...and with 2 gift sets and a gigantic Too Faced palette I'm sure I'll have a lot to go over as well. I might copy over some of the info from the other thread on the things I really liked.

Not sure if this will reduce my shopping by having me buy only recommended products . Or if I'll end up buying way more stuff that I never even considered before.

HotMagenta likes this.
Old 11-12-2013, 12:59 AM

bodyfreak is an unknown quantity at this point
the good:
Nars Pencil sharpener
urban decay 24/7 gel eyeliner
Watt's up (benefit)
too faced bronzer chocolate Soleil Bronzer

the bad:
she laq waterproof potion (benefit)

bodyfreak's plastic surgeon is David Kim, M.D.
VISIT WEBSITE
DOCTOR PROFILE
Old 11-12-2013, 03:01 AM

Twinklebaybeeh is on a distinguished road
I agree! This site was what led me to do a online shopping spree this past weekend on sephora especially since they had 20% for vib and friends. I shopped and bought everything I read on the different threads. I'm trying the urban decay make up spray setting thing and I also bought the basic palette. I'm excited and can't wait for it to come in the mail. Thanks for making this thread I'll be following.
Old 11-12-2013, 05:29 AM

HotMagenta will become famous soon enough HotMagenta will become famous soon enough
Originally Posted by bodyfreak View Post
the good:
Nars Pencil sharpener
urban decay 24/7 gel eyeliner
Watt's up (benefit)
too faced bronzer chocolate Soleil Bronzer

the bad:
she laq waterproof potion (benefit)
I second the too faced soleil bronzer, it actually smells like cocoa/chocolate too... bonus

Penguinlove22 likes this.

VISIT WEBSITE
DOCTOR PROFILE
Old 11-12-2013, 05:34 AM

madem_jenn will become famous soon enough madem_jenn will become famous soon enough
The great:
Philosophy Purity facial wash
Philosophy Hope in a jar
Lanza white tea shampoo and conditioner (sulfite free and ok for extensions)
Gold bond foot cream in the blue tube
Nars blush in Orgasm
Victoria Secret most loved yoga pants...come in 3 lengths!
Lululemon workout apparel
Chanel Vitalumiere Aqua Ultra-Light Skin Perfecting Makeup

HotMagenta and Verysexy30 like this.
Old 11-12-2013, 05:55 AM

Originally Posted by madem_jenn View Post
The great:
Philosophy Purity facial wash
Philosophy Hope in a jar
Lanza white tea shampoo and conditioner (sulfite free and ok for extensions)
Gold bond foot cream in the blue tube
Nars blush in Orgasm
Victoria Secret most loved yoga pants...come in 3 lengths!
Lululemon workout apparel
Chanel Vitalumiere Aqua Ultra-Light Skin Perfecting Makeup
Hope in a jar is awesome, I actually have oily/combo skin but this moisturizer works great for my skin texture. I didnt like the slight smell it had but the product itself is definitely well worth the price.

I havent tried the purity facial wash but I definitely want to.

VISIT WEBSITE
DOCTOR PROFILE
Old 11-12-2013, 05:59 AM
Mommy Made Over

Sandpine is on a distinguished road
Hey joining!

I love:
Bare Minerals Lash Domination Mascara
Benefit They're Real Mascara
Clinique Quickliners
Clinique Almost Lipstick in Black Honey
Clinique Chubby Stick in Roomiest Rose and the nude one
Revlon liquid eyelining pens (forget what they are called!)
Revlon Lip Stain and Balm
Clinique Stay Matte powder
Physicians Formula Eye Kits, with the 10+shades (nude and hazel eyes)
LaRoche-Posae Hydrience skin cream
Avene dark spot corrector and red reducer

Those are my current favourites, and I am always hunting for something new. I tend to go back to my standards even if I am not 100% with them.
Old 11-12-2013, 06:30 AM

Kiwi77 will become famous soon enough
I'm also obsessed. My newest find is Too Faced Better Than Sex mascara. This is THE MOST AMAZING MASCARA EVER!
These are my everydays and my loves listed below.
Nars Exhibit A(Sephora stippling brush #44)
Smasbox Studio Skin foundation(Sephora brush #55)
Smashbox pressed powder(Sephora brush #40)
Urban Decay 24/7 glide on eye pencil
Urban Decay Naked Basics palette(used with a combination of Sephora eye brushes)

I don't understand how to use the highlighters. I have,
Benefit Girl Meets Pearl
Benefit Watts Up
Benefit High Beam
Someone please help me use these!
Old 11-12-2013, 11:10 AM

Bostongrl44 is on a distinguished road
Ahh I love different thing for different seasons

for summer I love

Laura Merciers tinted moisturizer and Laura Mercier's Illuminating moisturizer

I just switched to make up forever body and face liquid foundation for the fall/winter

Dior over curl mascara I love!!

Nars bronzers are awesome for the summer as well!
Old 11-12-2013, 09:20 PM
BFH
My name is babyfromheaven and I am a bra-aholic.

BFH has much to be proud of BFH has much to be proud of BFH has much to be proud of BFH has much to be proud of BFH has much to be proud of BFH has much to be proud of BFH has much to be proud of BFH has much to be proud of BFH has much to be proud of
I love the Laura Mercier tinted moisturizer too. I also tried the MUF liquid foundation but it is too heavy for my drier skin.

I'm surprised Monistat anti chaffing cream for a primer. I've used it before, it works great.

BFH's plastic surgeon is Don R. Revis, Jr., M.D, F.A.C.S
VISIT WEBSITE
DOCTOR PROFILE
Old 11-14-2013, 10:09 PM
5'1" & 125lbs

I NEED TO TRY THIS!!!

I've been doing my own gel nails for a while now and love it. It's saved me so much money. But I don't generally get too creative with design. I can do one had fine, but the other sort of sucks.

I saw this Feather Manicure kit on Sephora for some crazy price. So I Googled it and it looks super simple...

http://www.makeup.com/article/feather-manicure/

For a few more product reviews (I got these both in recent "favourite" kits from Sephora so I didn't pay full price).

Deborah Lippmann - Cleopatra in New York - usually I find polishes with large particles of glitter are a big let down since the glitter seems to ooze to the sides or be really sparse. This stuff is incredible. This one is a black polish with various sized gold glitter. But the polish itself isn't super opaque so when you layer on the colour is subtly blurs out the glitter beneath it and adds loads of dimension. This picture doesn't do it justice.
2013-11-14210356-1_zpsc565f437.jpg

On top I used Nails Inc. Kensington Caviar Gel Effects Top Coat and it's the best top coat I've tried. I don't usually use "normal" top coats since I do gel, but it definitely beats my OPI stuff.

HotMagenta likes this.
Old 11-21-2013, 12:29 PM

Clip in extension review...
http://www.shophellogorgeoushairextensions.com/

My old clip in extensions were really past their due date (lol), so I decided to place an order with Hello Gorgeous. I have had their clip ins prior and loved them, but hated their company/customer service... to the point where I wouldnt recommend buying from them. Well, I thought I would give their company another shot and ordered a deluxe set of ombre clip ins (dark brown to light brown tips) as I wanted to go back to ombre but didnt want to damage my natural hair with bleach.
I ordered the clip ins mid August, I JUST got them last week, so around the 15th of November. So all in all, it took around three months to receive the clip ins. So if you are wanting new hair right away for a special event or something or the sort, DO NOT ORDER FROM THEM! I even payed for rush delivery but they replied with some excuse in regards to their extension colourist going away on vacation so there was a delay in orders. Of course...they didnt email me to make me aware of this, they gave this response after several concerned emails on my part to them which also took forever to get a reply. They said they would refund the rush delivery cost but I have yet to see that refund.

Alright, aside from the terrible customer service and how incredibly long it takes to receive the extensions... I do absolutely love the hair. Its very soft, very full...great quality. The clips are sturdy and good, not flimsy/shouldnt fall out. You do have to tease the root of the hair where you are clipping the weft in if your natural hair is silky..just to get the clip in there/something to grasp onto. The colour of the extensions was beautiful, the first time I ordered from them they sent the wrong colour, but this time they got it right thankfully. My only complaint with the hair is I wish they would have added some thicker side pieces in as well, the back pieces are awesome though.

So overall I would say order from them if you want great hair but be prepared to deal with a joke of a company...Im sure there are companies out there with just as good clip ins whom have better customer service. Definitely what I will be looking for next time I order clip ins..

VISIT WEBSITE
DOCTOR PROFILE
Old 11-22-2013, 12:20 AM
5'1" & 125lbs

^^^isn't that the worst. Crap customer service but a pretty awesome product. It's like those restaurants that have the most amazing food but you're pretty sure they're one visit away from being shut down by the health department.

No new purchases lately (I definitely heated up my Visa there for a while. Damned Sephora!). So I'll go over a couple of my items I can't live without.

For my everyday face cleansing I couldn't live without my Josie Maran Argan Oil Cleanser. Another member turned me onto it here about a year ago and this stuff is amazing. I was totally skeptical because I figured that an oil would leave me greasy and more breakout prone. But the results were the complete opposite. I think a lot of women can agree that oil based makeup removers are the most effective at getting off stubborn eye makeup and mascara. This stuff literally melts mine off. I don't lose eyelashes scrubbing my face anymore. I don't breakout like I used to and the stuff washes right off.

This is my favourite bubble bath/gel of all time. It used to be sold at Sephora and now I just get it at Shoppers Drug Mart (Soap and Glory: Calm One Calm All).
Old 11-22-2013, 04:14 PM
BFH

BFH has much to be proud of BFH has much to be proud of BFH has much to be proud of BFH has much to be proud of BFH has much to be proud of BFH has much to be proud of BFH has much to be proud of BFH has much to be proud of BFH has much to be proud of
I have horrible well water. It is loaded with iron and minerals that build up in your hair. We finally got a Sally's here and I am so glad. I got the Ion Clarifying Treatment to pull some of the build up out. I have a lot of hair, even though it is short. I used a pack and a half of this, held a blowdryer over my head, then rinsed it out. So much better. Seriously, I feel like I have a totally new scalp.

BC A2C and FridaBo like this.

VISIT WEBSITE
DOCTOR PROFILE
Old 11-22-2013, 04:17 PM
5'1" & 125lbs

Originally Posted by babyfromheaven View Post
I have horrible well water. It is loaded with iron and minerals that build up in your hair. We finally got a Sally's here and I am so glad. I got the Ion Clarifying Treatment to pull some of the build up out. I have a lot of hair, even though it is short. I used a pack and a half of this, held a blowdryer over my head, then rinsed it out. So much better. Seriously, I feel like I have a totally new scalp.
I'm tempted to try that. My water at home is good, but I travel so much so most of my showers are in hotels and the quality can vary so much.

I went to an Aveda salon because my scalp felt icky. Like my girlfriend I was staying with washed her hair maybe twice in the week I was there. If I don't wash mine pretty well every day it just gets heavy and greasy looking.
Old 11-22-2013, 04:23 PM
BFH

I have curly hair. I did this treatment on Sunday. I will wash my hair tonight. Before I was itchy and gross feeling after 2 days. I try and go as long as possible to keep from drying it out. It is so worth the cost, I'll do it monthly.

VISIT WEBSITE
DOCTOR PROFILE
Old 12-07-2013, 01:05 PM
5'1" & 125lbs

"Yes To..." brand products

Has anyone tried these?

http://www.yestocarrots.com/

They have a carrot, blueberry, pomegranate, grapefruit, tomato, and cucumber lines. I've tried a few from the grapefruit line and absolutely love them. I've only bought them at Shoppers Drug Mart here in Canada but you can get them almost anywhere.

After my rhino I had some serious dark circles. I tried the Dark Circle Correcting Eye Cream (http://www.yestocarrots.com/product/...uct_id=6311201). It worked wonderfully. Yesterday I bought the Facial Scrub and it is nice and gentle but really does brighten (http://www.yestocarrots.com/product/...uct_id=6311301).

HotMagenta and Scorpia like this.
Old 12-07-2013, 01:28 PM

Originally Posted by BC A2C View Post
Has anyone tried these?

http://www.yestocarrots.com/

They have a carrot, blueberry, pomegranate, grapefruit, tomato, and cucumber lines. I've tried a few from the grapefruit line and absolutely love them. I've only bought them at Shoppers Drug Mart here in Canada but you can get them almost anywhere.

After my rhino I had some serious dark circles. I tried the Dark Circle Correcting Eye Cream (http://www.yestocarrots.com/product/...uct_id=6311201). It worked wonderfully. Yesterday I bought the Facial Scrub and it is nice and gentle but really does brighten (http://www.yestocarrots.com/product/...uct_id=6311301).
Ive been curious! I seen the line at the drugstore but didnt know where to start/what product to try out so ended up leaving empty handed lol

VISIT WEBSITE
DOCTOR PROFILE
Reply Subscribe