Go Back   Just Breast Implants Forum Women's Beauty, Health, and Fitness

|
Forgot Username/Password?
Forum Home Blogs FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Women's Beauty, Health, and Fitness Use this forum to discuss beauty products, hair care, diets, fitness, etc.

How to become active the safe way

Old 12-12-2013, 01:49 AM

vanillatwilight is on a distinguished road
Question How to become active the safe way

Just had my BA yesterday and I'm in my first day of recovery. I plan on taking it easy this week until my stiches come out. But after this I need to know what is the safest way to start becoming active. I used to be very active a few years ago and have lost a lot of my stamina from not exercising. I was planning on maybe light walking 15-30 minutes a day until my 6 week mark and then maybe bumping the time and speed up after that?

Any other suggestions? I would love to lose body fat overall and would love to tone my lower body.

And if anyone has good post- op meals that would be great too, I'm kind of an unhealthy eater (as a baker and cake decorator) and just want to change my lifestyle overall.
Old 12-12-2013, 03:02 AM

whatsthefoxsay1 is on a distinguished road
Originally Posted by vanillatwilight View Post
Just had my BA yesterday and I'm in my first day of recovery. I plan on taking it easy this week until my stiches come out. But after this I need to know what is the safest way to start becoming active. I used to be very active a few years ago and have lost a lot of my stamina from not exercising. I was planning on maybe light walking 15-30 minutes a day until my 6 week mark and then maybe bumping the time and speed up after that?

Any other suggestions? I would love to lose body fat overall and would love to tone my lower body.

And if anyone has good post- op meals that would be great too, I'm kind of an unhealthy eater (as a baker and cake decorator) and just want to change my lifestyle overall.
You have to check with PS.... I was in awesome shape before, and he wouldn't "officially" clear me for anything until yesterday, 2 weeks. Was cleared for incline walking finally which I did for an hour yesterday but had also been doing before.. I know it's bad to not listen to every word of PS but I had no discomfort. Time will tell if it affected me.

Post-op meals are tough... I have had good intentions here and had no appetite for the first 9-10 days post op really... it's back with a vengeance. I like greek yogurt, which has healthy probiotics (I also take 2 daily probiotics) to restore bacteria to your gut that the antibiotics will kill... important for digestion and all that stuff, especially post op.

Stay hydrated

Pineapple is supposedly helpful for scars and is something I eat regularly

the healthier you can be with eating, maximizing your nutrients and water intake post op, the easier your recovery will be I am sure.

Good exercise when you are allowed to get back to it, boxing (non-contact is all I can do ever again probably which is a totally killer workout). Mixed martial arts classes are fun, and can torch up to 1000 calories a session - total body workouts. I am eager for his clearance to go back to this, as it was essentially my sanity pre-BA! lol