Go Back   Just Breast Implants Forum Women's Beauty, Health, and Fitness

|
Forgot Username/Password?
Forum Home Blogs FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Women's Beauty, Health, and Fitness Use this forum to discuss beauty products, hair care, diets, fitness, etc.

Like Tree56Likes

Squats...can't feel it in the rear?

Reply Subscribe
Old 02-01-2014, 05:59 PM
Happy Wife, Happy Life!!!

mom*wife*nurse will become famous soon enough
Squats...can't feel it in the rear?

So I'm working at getting back into shape. I had gorgeous, super muscular legs in high school. I don't necessarily want to have those legs again, I just want nice firm legs. Anyways, I've been doing lots of squats and while I can feel it in my legs (yay!!) I can't feel it at all in my rear. I know I'm doing them right bc I did tons in high school, ass to the grass!! But wth man!?

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Xparent Pink Tapatalk 2

mikkisixx, RaRaRa and What2Choose like this.
Old 02-01-2014, 06:10 PM

marines girl will become famous soon enough
How long have you been doing them?? It could take a few days to "feel the burn".

Lunges worked great for my butt.
Old 02-01-2014, 06:31 PM

tinkgirl is on a distinguished road
Here's a link to a youtube video I always go back to when I feel like I need to work out the booty. The "ice skaters" are what I felt really got me sore the next day. Those ice skaters should really get ya feelin the burn

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NuJC7PI_Br4
Old 02-01-2014, 06:46 PM

Originally Posted by marines girl View Post
How long have you been doing them?? It could take a few days to "feel the burn".

Lunges worked great for my butt.
I've been at it a couple weeks. I've also been doing some lunges, but not as many as I have done on the squats.

Old 02-01-2014, 06:46 PM

Originally Posted by tinkgirl View Post
Here's a link to a youtube video I always go back to when I feel like I need to work out the booty. The "ice skaters" are what I felt really got me sore the next day. Those ice skaters should really get ya feelin the burn

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NuJC7PI_Br4
Omg...I'm gonna try these. They look painful!!

Old 02-01-2014, 06:55 PM

tinkgirl is on a distinguished road
lol I'm always really sore the next day and I always feel like it works out my love handle areas too!!

mom*wife*nurse and mikkisixx like this.
Old 02-01-2014, 07:33 PM

Originally Posted by tinkgirl View Post
lol I'm always really sore the next day and I always feel like it works out my love handle areas too!!
That's my other target area!! Win win!!

tinkgirl likes this.
Old 02-01-2014, 08:28 PM
Finally In! :-)

Indigo500 is on a distinguished road
Sorry if this is a stupid question but have you increases the weight of which you are working with? Heels on the floor and pushing up through he heels? ATG is great!
Best best thing I find if you really want to get the glutes to burn, pre fatigue them before you do your squats. Do pelvic hip thrusts on the floor with a dumb bell weight on your hips. Go for 30 reps, 3 sets then go straight into your squatting. Guarantee burn,unless you have a super butt..
Pull throughs which look strange also gets the glutes working.
Old 02-02-2014, 02:28 PM

PinkBikini is on a distinguished road
Increase weight and really explode out of the squat and make sure you squeeze those buns at the top! Also do front, back, and side lunges. Bridges with weight over your hips. Weighted kick-backs. Also dead lift. Those are my bun workouts!
Old 02-02-2014, 03:19 PM

Originally Posted by Indigo500 View Post
Sorry if this is a stupid question but have you increases the weight of which you are working with? Heels on the floor and pushing up through he heels? ATG is great!
Best best thing I find if you really want to get the glutes to burn, pre fatigue them before you do your squats. Do pelvic hip thrusts on the floor with a dumb bell weight on your hips. Go for 30 reps, 3 sets then go straight into your squatting. Guarantee burn,unless you have a super butt..
I haven't increased the weight yet as I've only been back at it a couple weeks.

Indigo500 likes this.
Old 02-02-2014, 03:57 PM

climbingangel14 is on a distinguished road
Def agree with the other girls - jumping squats and ice skaters - after a few reps of ice skaters I am guaranteed to feel the burn in my glutes! Good luck.

mom*wife*nurse likes this.
Old 02-03-2014, 11:00 AM
We can not control the winds but we can adjust our sails

sty@homemom is a glorious beacon of light sty@homemom is a glorious beacon of light sty@homemom is a glorious beacon of light sty@homemom is a glorious beacon of light sty@homemom is a glorious beacon of light
I'll just tell ya what I do..gauntlet squats, whether it's right or wrong technique, it works for me

I don't use a lot of weight, just 10lb kettlebell (or you could use a dumbbell) and I squat with my butt sticking back first(for lack of better term) and sit back, I put all the weight in my hips, not my legs/knees and you will feel the burn after about 30-60 reps in you will be crying..lol.. well, at least I do..haha.. Actually, it's not that bad but you will feel the burn... you will see results, I sure have, this is my testimonial for squats
Old 04-03-2014, 09:52 AM

gingerminge is on a distinguished road
I do lots of squats (and probably more now that I wont be able to do my planks and core training for a while). and I never feel it in my buns. I always feel it in my upper thigh.

But now I am curious to try out the above posters idea!!
Old 04-21-2014, 09:03 AM

msends is on a distinguished road
http://bretcontreras.com has a ton of butt shaping exercises. My favorite is the hip thrusts with a barbell. I put my elbows up on a bench then do down as low as I can while holding the barbell then squeeze my butt till I'm all the way back up. I use one of those squat pads to make it more comfortable.

bamboo72 likes this.
Old 04-21-2014, 09:07 PM
Life is Better at the Lake!

LakeGirl2010 is on a distinguished road
I do ATG squats. Thursday is squat day. I do 10 sets of 15-20 with a 10lb DB. When I get all 10/20 then I'll move the weight up. I have bad knees so my feet do stay a bit angled - keeps them from crunching at every movement. I like to lift my toes so I don't accidentally push up from the balls of my feet. Sit straight down - engages the core, push up through the heel, weights held in hands with proper posture in shoulders and back. I can't even walk out of the gym. I'm almost literally crawling out of the gym on leg day. I have already tightened up the outside of my butt - you may not feel it centre cheeks, but outer cheeks, then along down your hammies. I feel the quads the next day, but know that my form isn't quite right if that's where I'm feeling it through the workout. Then good luck with stairs! Up is usually bad but down is horrid! You want to be using the backside not the frontside. Anyways, that's how I'm doing them - other people may do them differently.
Old 04-21-2014, 09:21 PM

BoobeeBabybear is on a distinguished road
This is a stupid question but will these exercises make your butt bigger or smaller?
Old 04-21-2014, 09:30 PM

boob1es4me is on a distinguished road
Sorry to hijack your thread but....
I wish I could do squats but I don't have full range of movement in one of my ankles.
Step ups ok? I could do the with weights
Anything else?

Sigh, I want a nice butt too!!!
Old 04-21-2014, 09:59 PM

musthaveboobies is on a distinguished road
I do squats all the time and I never feel them in my butt until maybe the next day, lunges are good too. but with a good amount of weight for both(for me anyways
lol)

bikiniboobs likes this.
Old 04-21-2014, 10:36 PM

tatasintx is on a distinguished road
Have you heard of bulgarian split squats? I like to use the smith machine, they really hit the butt good

Bongodrums likes this.
Old 04-21-2014, 10:42 PM

Nofontenot is on a distinguished road
Originally Posted by Indigo500 View Post
Wondering how you like your overs. Why did you choose over muscle rather than under?
Reply Subscribe