Go Back   Just Breast Implants Forum Women's Beauty, Health, and Fitness

|
Forgot Username/Password?
Forum Home Blogs FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Women's Beauty, Health, and Fitness Use this forum to discuss beauty products, hair care, diets, fitness, etc.

Like Tree17Likes
  • 1 Post By mcc_dee
  • 2 Post By TexasHulaGirl
  • 1 Post By mcc_dee
  • 4 Post By gingerminge
  • 1 Post By Tsbobcat
  • 4 Post By KayKay1206
  • 3 Post By BoriNena89
  • 1 Post By Blondie37

Girls who are mommies!

Old 04-02-2014, 03:36 PM

stephybabyy09 is on a distinguished road
Girls who are mommies!

Hi everyone! I'm currently expecting a precious babygirl! I'm 22 years old and I'm 21 weeks out already. I have a question for the moms out there! What did you ladies to prevent stretch marks? I feel like yes it is partly genetic but I feel like some preventative measures can help you not get them. My mom does have stretch marks but her sisters do not. And also loose skin after pregnancy? How common is it and does your body get back to normal?! As you can see in my avi I had a really flat stomach before the pregnancy and hopefully after my baby I don't want it to look completely different! I'm still very young! lol Any tips would be greatly appreciated!! I'm currently using bio-oil twice daily and drinking tons of water.. NO stretch marks yet!!!!
Old 04-02-2014, 03:44 PM
As I was saying.....boobs

mcc_dee will become famous soon enough
My mom had them, and I also got them. I feel like I could've done a better job at up keeping with cocoa butter and bio oil but I felt like if I was going to get them, it was inevitable due to it's genetic nature. Maybe you will be the lucky one like your momma not to get any but if your body is genetically prone to get them, I don't think much will prevent them from coming, but it doesn't hurt to try! The loose skin tho, I gained 40 pounds during my pregnancy and I was a skinny mini too! Now I just have a hardly noticeable pooch (I have an album with a pic of my tummy if you want to check it out) but I don't believe it's enough to consider even a mini TT.. Remember every body is different! Good luck and congratulations on your baby!

TexasHulaGirl likes this.

mcc_dee's plastic surgeon is Tom Pousti, M.D.
VISIT WEBSITE
DOCTOR PROFILE
Old 04-02-2014, 03:47 PM

TexasHulaGirl is just really nice TexasHulaGirl is just really nice TexasHulaGirl is just really nice TexasHulaGirl is just really nice
Smile

Make sure you stay hydrated. Drink TONS of water, avoid soda and caffeine and anything that can dehydrate you. Also, when I was pregnant I used palmers cocoa butter lotion for pregnant women on my belly and my boobs every time after I showered or took a bath. Also, stay healthy, don't eat for 2, but don't diet while you're pregnant. You can try to avoid excessive stretching of your skin if you don't binge on junk food. And after you have your baby, when your dr tells you its ok to exercise again, really focus on strengthening your core again.

There's a lot of mothers and mothers to be on a site called babycenter.com and there's a lot of info and helpful advice there too. But I highly suggest avoiding the chat boards and forums. They tend to get very mean and aren't nearly as nice or supportive as JBI ; )

Blondie37 and Tsbobcat like this.
The Following User Says Thank You to TexasHulaGirl For This Useful Post:
Old 04-02-2014, 04:26 PM
As I was saying.....boobs

mcc_dee will become famous soon enough
Originally Posted by TexasHulaGirl View Post
Make sure you stay hydrated. Drink TONS of water, avoid soda and caffeine and anything that can dehydrate you. Also, when I was pregnant I used palmers cocoa butter lotion for pregnant women on my belly and my boobs every time after I showered or took a bath. Also, stay healthy, don't eat for 2, but don't diet while you're pregnant. You can try to avoid excessive stretching of your skin if you don't binge on junk food. And after you have your baby, when your dr tells you its ok to exercise again, really focus on strengthening your core again.

There's a lot of mothers and mothers to be on a site called babycenter.com and there's a lot of info and helpful advice there too. But I highly suggest avoiding the chat boards and forums. They tend to get very mean and aren't nearly as nice or supportive as JBI ; )
I agree I am a GO (group owner) to one of the groups on there and some of the ladies don't have a filter, like they were raised by wolves!

TexasHulaGirl likes this.

mcc_dee's plastic surgeon is Tom Pousti, M.D.
VISIT WEBSITE
DOCTOR PROFILE
Old 04-03-2014, 09:51 AM

gingerminge is on a distinguished road
It's all your skin make-up. you will get them if you are prone. and wont if your not. You can soothe them with oils and lotions but.. skin elasticity is all in your body make-up. I think certain vitamins can help with elasticisty.. but ... I am not 100% convinced vitamins do more than a placebo effect hahaha.
*skeptic*
Old 04-03-2014, 10:30 AM

Tsbobcat is on a distinguished road
I have people in my family who have them. But I do not, I was very into body image I got pregnant at 21 had him at 22.I went buck wild on the lotions. I found one that was in a blue cylinder that was $140 that was sworn to work at some high scale pregnancy spa. Went home bought it online for $10. I also used cocoa butter. I did it all. Eating for two is the biggest mis conception. You continue to eat for yourself your baby will get all he needs. Do not eat garbage or binge eat that's what makes your skin stretch faster than it is ready to. I ate super healthy didn't touch fried food. Walked everywhere I could instead of driving. I worked at hooters so I was always walking at work. Excercised and took lots of vitamins drank a lot of water. At 9 months I looked like I had swallowed a basketball. Had an almost 8 lb baby with no drugs 3 weeks late and the next day looked like I had never had a baby. People see him 2.5 years later and are like there is no way you had him he's huge. But even if you were as crazy as me if you can't get past genetics you will get them but at least there is ways to fade them after.

stephybabyy09 likes this.
The Following User Says Thank You to Tsbobcat For This Useful Post:
Old 04-03-2014, 12:08 PM

Alleycat13 is on a distinguished road
I just used Bio Oil and don't have any after 2 kids x
Old 04-03-2014, 12:18 PM
JBI's Recovery Freak of Nature.

KayKay1206 is a splendid one to behold KayKay1206 is a splendid one to behold KayKay1206 is a splendid one to behold KayKay1206 is a splendid one to behold KayKay1206 is a splendid one to behold KayKay1206 is a splendid one to behold KayKay1206 is a splendid one to behold
All thise creams , oils and lotions do not prevent stretch marks. They are scars that for om the DEEP INSIDE layer of skin. All those products are topical only and olly treat the outside layer of skin. It is all genetics and the anount of collagen and elastin present in your skin. You either get them or you dont, no matter what you use or dont use. There are ladies who didnt use anything (like me) and didnt get not one! And there are ladies who slathered everything on and STILL got them. Why? Again, all about your genetic makeup! And you cannot look at just one side of your family.

Hydrate, as a PP said. Protein and vitamin C are huge in yhe building of collagen and elastin, so increase those in your diet.
Old 04-03-2014, 12:21 PM
I'm Made Of Plastic, Isn't It Fantastic?!!?!!

Ki11er Barb1e has a spectacular aura Ki11er Barb1e has a spectacular aura
Originally Posted by stephybabyy09 View Post
Hi everyone! I'm currently expecting a precious babygirl! I'm 22 years old and I'm 21 weeks out already. I have a question for the moms out there! What did you ladies to prevent stretch marks? I feel like yes it is partly genetic but I feel like some preventative measures can help you not get them. My mom does have stretch marks but her sisters do not. And also loose skin after pregnancy? How common is it and does your body get back to normal?! As you can see in my avi I had a really flat stomach before the pregnancy and hopefully after my baby I don't want it to look completely different! I'm still very young! lol Any tips would be greatly appreciated!! I'm currently using bio-oil twice daily and drinking tons of water.. NO stretch marks yet!!!!
I did every possible thing I heard of to prevent stretch marks. I still got them, badly. I have since been told that if you're going to get stretch marks, it is going to happen, regardless of what you do to try to prevent them. That's not what anyone wants to hear As far as loose skin, I was as tiny as you before I had kids, and after I had my daughter I sprang right back. My belly wasn't as tight as it once was, I think because of the stretch marks, but I still looked pretty much the same as before. But after I had my 9lb 7oz son, I've had a bit of loose skin ever since. I've been very out of shape and very fit with the 7.5 years since I had him, and never managed to fully get rid of it.
Old 04-03-2014, 12:22 PM
JBI's Recovery Freak of Nature.

KayKay1206 is a splendid one to behold KayKay1206 is a splendid one to behold KayKay1206 is a splendid one to behold KayKay1206 is a splendid one to behold KayKay1206 is a splendid one to behold KayKay1206 is a splendid one to behold KayKay1206 is a splendid one to behold
Oh, as for loose skin after pregnancy, that depends on each individual. I was as skinny as you prepgregnancy. Weighed maybe 102 and wearing 00s and 1s. Gained 30lbs total, he weighed almost 8lbs, and i was immediately back in my prepreg jeans and shirts the day i left the hospital, 2 days later. The nurses couldnt believe i had him! If he wasnt a spitting image of me, they would have thought i was kidnapping him! LoL
Old 04-03-2014, 12:59 PM
Happy Wife, Happy Life!!!

mom*wife*nurse will become famous soon enough
Originally Posted by KayKay1206 View Post
Oh, as for loose skin after pregnancy, that depends on each individual. I was as skinny as you prepgregnancy. Weighed maybe 102 and wearing 00s and 1s. Gained 30lbs total, he weighed almost 8lbs, and i was immediately back in my prepreg jeans and shirts the day i left the hospital, 2 days later. The nurses couldnt believe i had him! If he wasnt a spitting image of me, they would have thought i was kidnapping him! LoL
I was like this too both times. After I had my twins they were in the NICU and I refused to leave them. I had to send my husband to get me smaller clothes bc I had lost all the baby weight (only 30 lbs with twins) in less than a week. The NICU nurses secretly hated me. It's just different for everyone.

Sent from my SM-N900V using Xparent Pink Tapatalk 2
The Following User Says Thank You to mom*wife*nurse For This Useful Post:
Old 04-03-2014, 01:44 PM
BIG BOOBS ARE A GIRLS BEST FRIEND

Blondie37 has a spectacular aura Blondie37 has a spectacular aura
Smile

Not trying to high jack this thread but firstly wanted to congratulate on having a baby girl i knew you were pregnant but didn't know the sex. Okay I've never had any children i can only tell you what I've seen with family members. Often girls eat wayyyyyy to much especially junk food thinking baby needs all that extra calories and it's like having a 9 month period with all those cravings like other post mentioned get good quality protein it will keep blood sugar levels level and good fats olive oil, avocados , nuts etc. As far as stretch marks goes i no nothing about pregnancy stretch marks but I have had them from being close to 160 now 96 pounds of course didn't lose that all at once took several years to find correct way of eating not dieting to lose. Your young if you eat healthy i think you will have your tiny body back quickly just stay healthy and get a good quality liquid or powder multi vitamin and minerals because your baby will take them from you and if you don't have enough you will have defenciancys but get your health care provider okay first. Good luck
Oh and I agree with Kaykay1206 vitamin C and protein very important

VISIT WEBSITE
DOCTOR PROFILE
Old 04-03-2014, 01:48 PM

BoriNena89 is on a distinguished road
I had a baby when I was 21 and in college, I tried cocoa butter and i still got stretchmarks under my belly (I couldnt even see them until someone pointed them out). I lost most of the weight and my stomach isnt the tighest (which I am working on) but you cant tell too much under clothes and the stretchmarks arent the worst out there! So it could have been worse for me. Its all about genetics unfortunately.
Old 04-03-2014, 01:51 PM
BIG BOOBS ARE A GIRLS BEST FRIEND

Blondie37 has a spectacular aura Blondie37 has a spectacular aura
Talking

Originally Posted by Ki11er Barb1e View Post
I did every possible thing I heard of to prevent stretch marks. I still got them, badly. I have since been told that if you're going to get stretch marks, it is going to happen, regardless of what you do to try to prevent them. That's not what anyone wants to hear As far as loose skin, I was as tiny as you before I had kids, and after I had my daughter I sprang right back. My belly wasn't as tight as it once was, I think because of the stretch marks, but I still looked pretty much the same as before. But after I had my 9lb 7oz son, I've had a bit of loose skin ever since. I've been very out of shape and very fit with the 7.5 years since I had him, and never managed to fully get rid of it.
Killerbarbie you have a beautiful body!!! Woman ever where would kill to have your body and boobs!

Ki11er Barb1e likes this.

VISIT WEBSITE
DOCTOR PROFILE
The Following User Says Thank You to Blondie37 For This Useful Post:
Old 04-03-2014, 04:33 PM

Crmmkm is on a distinguished road
Congrats on your pregnancy!! My mom has zero stretch marks but my aunts and grandma do so I used vitamin E oil($5) every day twice per day for my whole pregnancy way before I started showing. I did end up getting them on my boobs after I had my daughter because my boobs went from Bs to Es over night but my stomach has zero stretch marks. Genetics probably but I don't doubt the vitamin E oil either. I have since used them on my boobs and they are now white and barely noticeable.

Crmmkm's plastic surgeon is Andrew Wolfe, MD
VISIT WEBSITE
DOCTOR PROFILE
Old 04-03-2014, 05:09 PM

Donz is on a distinguished road
I have to agree that the creams really don't prevent stretch marks. If your gonna get them, then you get them. I had 3 kids, 2 of which were large babies and i didn't get any, but none of the women in my family did. However i think you can help decrease the amount, by not gaining too much extra weight during pregnancy.
I still used coca butter twice a day because it felt nice, and it must help with something, and it helped stop the itchiness too. Definitely use bio oil straight after u have her if u do get stretch marks

Congratulations on your baby girl, all the best
Old 04-16-2014, 02:38 PM

vicboobies is on a distinguished road
i think you can buy lotions and lots of creams to avoid stretch marks, 13 years ago when i was last pregnant the doctor told me to keep hydrated and drink lots of water don't drink lots of caffine and energy drinks etc, hope i helped and hope your pregnancy goes well and congratulations with your baby take car of you and your bump
love vic x
Old 04-16-2014, 03:04 PM

Blessedmomma16 is on a distinguished road
This body was not made for babies! I'm pretty little and I looked like I had a basketball under my shirt. You couldn't tell I was pregnant when you looked at me from behind. I started getting stretch marks in my seventh month with my first baby. My stomach hurt so bad all the time like my skin was being stretch way too far. It itched all the time no matter what I did. I used lotion/oils/vitiams and nothing helped. My doctor told me that stretch marks come from an inner layer on your skin that lotion won't do much. And being prone to stretch marks could be in the family. She said that if I'm going to get them-there
Wasn't any way to stop them. But there are products to help lighten then.
Also didn't help I have a huge stupid tattoo around my belly bottom..not so cute anymore!!!
And Ps-congratulations!!!
Old 04-25-2014, 07:10 PM
I type what I'd say to you over highly caffeinated coffee

BooBitties is a glorious beacon of light BooBitties is a glorious beacon of light BooBitties is a glorious beacon of light BooBitties is a glorious beacon of light BooBitties is a glorious beacon of light BooBitties is a glorious beacon of light
Congrats! 8 yrs ago I had a baby beast, a 9 lb 12 oz, 21.5" long beast, and I put on 60 lbs during my pregnancy. I did not use creams or oils and I got a total of 4 stretch marks. It is definitely hereditary and what you put in your body that counts. I put too much into my body (I'll save that for a different thread) but one thing that I believed helped were my cravings for vitamin C. I drank more orange juice than the entire state of Florida could produce and I was popping vitamin C like candy. I could not take the preggo vitamins b/c they would make me very sick due to the amount of iron in each pill, so I took 2 Flintstones (that equals 1 preg. vitamin).

Eat lots of foods rich in zinc, vitamin C, and vitamin E in addition to the individual supplements. I'd run it all by your dr to make sure you are not overdoing it though. Too much of something can be just as harmful to you and your baby as it is to deprive your bodies of the key nutrients that you two need.

Loose skin...ahhhahaha...evil loose skin! Totally different for everyone. Like I said, I put on 60 lbs...sixty....6-0 yikes. I have a little bit of loose skin, not enough for a tummy tuck and it is only noticeable to me when I bend over, all the way over. I was 200 lbs the day I went into labor and dropped the 60 lbs over 6 yrs, and then I dropped another 30+ lbs in a few months. So some of that loose skin could be losing the last 30+ lbs too fast. So pace yourself when shedding the baby weight, don't rush it and it should shrink with no problem.
Old 04-25-2014, 07:16 PM
I type what I'd say to you over highly caffeinated coffee

BooBitties is a glorious beacon of light BooBitties is a glorious beacon of light BooBitties is a glorious beacon of light BooBitties is a glorious beacon of light BooBitties is a glorious beacon of light BooBitties is a glorious beacon of light
Also - it is very, very possible to pop back into your pre-preggo self! My mom had a 22 inch waist when she got pregnant with me and within a few months was back at 22 inches. The more in shape you are, the easier it is to go back to your regular self