Go Back   Just Breast Implants Forum Women's Beauty, Health, and Fitness

|
Forgot Username/Password?
Forum Home Blogs FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Women's Beauty, Health, and Fitness Use this forum to discuss beauty products, hair care, diets, fitness, etc.

Like Tree25Likes
  • 1 Post By Irish_Snake
  • 3 Post By Angelgrrl13
  • 3 Post By Dadabos
  • 2 Post By silverjem
  • 2 Post By TinyDancerA-C
  • 1 Post By Angelgrrl13
  • 1 Post By Angelgrrl13
  • 3 Post By Moly370
  • 2 Post By Moly370
  • 3 Post By armygirl06
  • 1 Post By TinyDancerA-C
  • 3 Post By boobiesforme

Fitness routine after BA?

Old 05-07-2014, 08:45 AM
Feisty pale redhead comin' through!

Irish_Snake is on a distinguished road
Question Fitness routine after BA?

Ok Ladies, here's the deal:

Got my BA on 4/17 and have been cleared by my PS to lose pretty much any weight I need, as my combination of body type and implant placement will not negatively affect my BA. My wedding is coming up in November and I know there are a lot of SMOKIN' hawt ladies here that I'd KILL to look like. I'm 5'11 and 215lbs (US size 14-18) - I'd LOOOOOOVE to be around 150lbs and a US size 8-10. The numbers truthfully aren't that important because I'm focusing on the LOOK, but they give me a general idea of what my goal might be (I guess similar to cc's vs cup size?). If I could look like the unbelievable goddess that is boobiesforme, I'd be the happiest girl in the world!

Question is - how'd you do it? What is a good exercise and diet routine to help me slim down and tone up that is BA-friendly? I know chest muscle exercises are discouraged, but I carry most of my weight on my tummy anyways. Also, is a personal trainer worth the money? Thanks so much!!!

Angelgrrl13 likes this.
Old 05-07-2014, 09:23 AM
Best decision ever...aside from marrying my best friend;)

Angelgrrl13 is on a distinguished road
The only way to get rid of fat is by taking in less calories than you burn. This is hard. I thought I ate pretty well, and didn't realize how many calories I was actually consuming!! There is an app called Fitness Pal (I hate that name because it's NOT my pal, haha) but it allows you to enter your stats, enter your target weight, and track your calories. What it will tell you for your daily calorie goal will probably be hard at first, so I suggest slowly working your way down to what the app tells you. My target calories are 1270 a day, but I'm at 1500 right now. The app allows you to search for foods or scan them in. It has been really helpful, and pretty easy. Watching calories and starting with cardio (probably at least 3-4 times a week) would be a way to ease into things (at least, it was for me). I am disabled because of chronic back pain and nerve pain and that is what I do. I have recently been adding in some weights. My husband is a bodybuilder so he helps me with the machines, but the people that work at gyms are usually able to help you with that. I heard somewhere that bodybuilding.com has links to exercises and I think even how-to videos. I just checked it out (after I typed this) and it looks like you can select what your goal is and they give you exercises. I hope this helps some. Good luck!! You can do anything you set your mind to!! Congrats on your new boobies!!
The Following User Says Thank You to Angelgrrl13 For This Useful Post:
Old 05-07-2014, 09:35 AM

Dadabos is on a distinguished road
hey there, I would suggest starting to eat clean, count your calories. Try to join a gym that has group classes like boot camp. I lost 35 lbs by going to boot camp 4 tims a week. It was super hard but once the pounds started coming off it was so worth it.
Good luck!

VISIT WEBSITE
DOCTOR PROFILE
The Following User Says Thank You to Dadabos For This Useful Post:
Old 05-07-2014, 11:34 AM

silverjem is on a distinguished road
Congrats on your upcoming wedding!!! I also use the Fitness Pal app and found it extremely useful for keeping myself accountable for what I eat. But like PP said, exercise is super important and specifically weight training.

It's hard for me to get to a gym because my 5yo isn't in Kindergarten until Sept so I lift at home using free weights. Youtube is a great resource for learning how to lift properly. There are also tons of apps for weight training help as well. I personally am a fan of free weights over machines that isolate infividual muscle groups but you've got to find what's right for you.

Also, to motivate myself I went on Pinterest and started a fitness motivation board and pinned quotes, pics, etc. that motivated me. On days I struggle I look at my board (or other peoples) to remind myself why I'm doing it.

Good luck to you!! Personally, I suggest starting by doing little steps. Start by addressing your diet and when you've gained confidence in that, add in a little cardio (walking, biking, etc.) a few times a wk until it becomes habit then add in more & more weight training. Just my .02. Any changes you make are better than no changes.

Irish_Snake and Angelgrrl13 like this.
The Following User Says Thank You to silverjem For This Useful Post:
Old 05-07-2014, 12:08 PM

Originally Posted by Angelgrrl13 View Post
There is an app called Fitness Pal...
Thanks, I've used that app for quite a while, actually. It is pretty neat how many foods it has in its database! I'm mainly looking for exercises that would be post-BA "safe" that would help burn the most fat. Thanks so much!
Old 05-07-2014, 01:11 PM

TinyDancerA-C is on a distinguished road
I agree with most ladies here... Diet is the key. I'm a believer that diet is the only way to loose weight, while working out firms the body makes you happy . We got the vitamix blender last year... It is an investment but it has been worth it every penny!! We make green juice in the morning... And this blender is crazy good, blends strawberry seeds as smooth as cream, we even put kiwi with the skin!! Put mostly veggie of course, we like cucumber and kale as the base, and then whatever veg we have in the fridge... A bit of fruit like an orange or banana or dates to make it drinkable I lost 15 lbs last summer and DH lost 20++ lbs!!

I dance ballet, Zumba, pole, ballroom etc for fun as much as I can because I love it... And LOATHE the gym!! I guess finding what you love is also the key, because if it's too much of a torture I'm sure you wouldn't follow through!! Update us and congrats for the BA and upcoming wedding!! Woohoo!! xxx

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to TinyDancerA-C For This Useful Post:
Old 05-07-2014, 02:59 PM

Originally Posted by TinyDancerA-C View Post
We got the vitamix blender last year...
My husband's parents had a vitamix blender (from years ago) they gave to us and I was super excited to use it!! Sadly, it wasn't stored properly and we couldn't get it to work :/ We couldn't afford one, so we got a mid-priced one from Walmart. It stinks. We have to shake it and stop and go when trying to make smoothies with anything frozen, so I'm sure it won't be able to handle veggies to get them to the texture I'd want to drink them. I'd love a vitamix!! Enjoy your drinks, and congrats on the weight loss - to you and your husband!!

TinyDancerA-C likes this.
Old 05-07-2014, 03:10 PM

Originally Posted by Irish_Snake View Post
Thanks, I've used that app for quite a while, actually. It is pretty neat how many foods it has in its database! I'm mainly looking for exercises that would be post-BA "safe" that would help burn the most fat. Thanks so much!
The only way to get rid of fat is to burn off more calories than you take in in a day. No exercise will burn fat. That's a myth. Doing cardio - I'd suggest an elliptical or similar machine since those typically burn calories faster than some other machines (30 minutes on an elliptical I usually burn 300, but on the treadmill I only probably get half that in the same time) - will burn calories so you can add to the total amount of calories burned off for the day. And an elliptical (or similar) machine will be lower impact than a treadmill, so it shouldn't be too hard on your boobs

Irish_Snake likes this.
Old 05-07-2014, 03:36 PM

Moly370 has a spectacular aura Moly370 has a spectacular aura
Question is - how'd you do it? What is a good exercise and diet routine to help me slim down and tone up that is BA-friendly? I know chest muscle exercises are discouraged, but I carry most of my weight on my tummy anyways. Also, is a personal trainer worth the money? Thanks so much!!![/QUOTE]

What everyone else says is key. I will post a pic up in my albums. It was a picture of me in December on vacation and now. When I saw this pic I thought its time to change, I was disgusted. First I gave up pop. I drank 2 cans a day. And I also gave up breads and pastas. I still eat an occasional burger and I eat out on weekends, but chicken and veggies the rest of the time. Lots of proteins and veggies.

I do work out 6 times a week most week. I had worked out a year before and was getting stronger but didn't lose 1 lb til I changed my diet. Then I lost 10 lbs the first month and stay there. I have totally leaned out. I do weights and cardio. 1 hour walking on incline on treadmill (since BA) and then weights to follow.

Abs I do crunches, cable crunches, Russian twists, work with medicine ball as weight for various AB exercises, scissor kicks, skipping, planks...so many just you tube them. And yes even 3-6 sessions with a personal trainer is worth it.
The Following User Says Thank You to Moly370 For This Useful Post:
Old 05-07-2014, 04:07 PM

Moly370 has a spectacular aura Moly370 has a spectacular aura
Smile All the best

Oh and congrats on your upcoming wedding! Lots of time to achieve your goals, I am sure you will look stunning! ,

Old 05-07-2014, 06:12 PM

armygirl06 will become famous soon enough
I am in the army and nothing keeps off the weight like cardio. I run a lot I used to run marathons hehe. But the best thing is to run 2-3 miles every other day and walk the days u don't run. Also as the other ladies said watch your calorie intake but please do not forget to eat. Eating small meals during the day helps and not eating after 6 or 7 PM helps as well. Good luck!!!!!
Old 05-08-2014, 08:37 AM

Originally Posted by TinyDancerA-C View Post
I dance ballet, Zumba, pole, ballroom etc for fun as much as I can because I love it...
Ohhhh! I wanna try those, they seem so fun! My biggest problem is the fact that if I try to do something solo, I get "bored" (for lack of a better descriptor) and end up stopping. I desperately need a workout buddy and the fiancee is a gamer, so he's not a good option. I'm also new to the state (moved from GA to TN and don't have any friends yet, so it's difficult. However, I do plan to start riding my bicycle to and from work every day that weather permits after I'm cleared to do so from my PS.

Right now I am starting a low-carb/high protein diet to help with the beginning weight loss (my fiancee lost over 60lbs doing it!) and plan to transition to pescatarian (anything that comes out of the water and eggs/dairy) which I tried years ago and was very happy with.
Old 05-08-2014, 08:55 AM

TinyDancerA-C is on a distinguished road
[QUOTE=Irish_Snake;2602545]Ohhhh! I wanna try those, they seem so fun! My biggest problem is the fact that if I try to do something solo, I get "bored" (for lack of a better descriptor) and end up stopping....

Oh honey, don't do it yourself!! Go to classes, it's so much fun!! We need the peer pressure to keep going We have beginning adult ballet class with ladies from their 20s to 60s in our community center. I also plan to volunteer at the senior community dance hall, I love goofy old foxtrot and waltz, and we can get active without spending money if we get creative... You'll make them happy and build up your stamina!!

Angelgrrl13 likes this.
Old 05-08-2014, 09:28 AM
I LOVE MY BOOBIES!!!!

boobiesforme is on a distinguished road
Originally Posted by Irish_Snake View Post
Ok Ladies, here's the deal: Got my BA on 4/17 and have been cleared by my PS to lose pretty much any weight I need, as my combination of body type and implant placement will not negatively affect my BA. My wedding is coming up in November and I know there are a lot of SMOKIN' hawt ladies here that I'd KILL to look like. I'm 5'11 and 215lbs (US size 14-18) - I'd LOOOOOOVE to be around 150lbs and a US size 8-10. The numbers truthfully aren't that important because I'm focusing on the LOOK, but they give me a general idea of what my goal might be (I guess similar to cc's vs cup size?). If I could look like the unbelievable goddess that is boobiesforme, I'd be the happiest girl in the world! Question is - how'd you do it? What is a good exercise and diet routine to help me slim down and tone up that is BA-friendly? I know chest muscle exercises are discouraged, but I carry most of my weight on my tummy anyways. Also, is a personal trainer worth the money? Thanks so much!!!
Hey thank you!!! You are so sweet. Congrats on your wedding.

I started out doing the Brazil Butt Lift DVDs from Beachbody. After that I started using Chalean Extreme. I'm in my 2nd month of that. It's definitely working lol. I don't really diet, just making healthier choices. Like someone mentioned, my fitness pal is a great way to keep up with your calories and macros.

Good luck and keep us posted!!
The Following User Says Thank You to boobiesforme For This Useful Post:
Old 05-08-2014, 09:06 PM

Originally Posted by boobiesforme View Post
Hey thank you!!! You are so sweet.
I don't mean to slather you with compliments, but when I saw your album, I was seriously in chick-love with you (the Triquetra tattoo also helped - I've got one on my ankle). You have, IMO, the PERFECT body - lean and thin, but you look really healthy at the same time.
The Following User Says Thank You to Irish_Snake For This Useful Post: