Go Back   Just Breast Implants Forum Women's Beauty, Health, and Fitness

|
Forgot Username/Password?
Forum Home Blogs FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Women's Beauty, Health, and Fitness Use this forum to discuss beauty products, hair care, diets, fitness, etc.

Like Tree11Likes
  • 2 Post By Dimmer
  • 3 Post By Linaki
  • 1 Post By Linaki
  • 1 Post By Cesi2603
  • 1 Post By BoriNena89
  • 1 Post By joyful
  • 1 Post By Cherry-b0mb
  • 1 Post By sunnygirl79

Upper lip hair

Old 05-09-2014, 08:37 AM

Dimmer will become famous soon enough
Upper lip hair

I have been bleaching my upper lip hair for about a year but I find that it is noticeable particularly in the sun and it's beginning to bother me. I have considered removal (at home like with Nair) but am afraid of the results for two reasons - one I have freckles and I'm afraid that the ones on my upper lip might be too noticeable once the hair is gone and two bc I'm afraid of how much upkeep it is to remove your hair and how bad it might look when it starts to grow in.

So my questions are about your experiences and what you do to remove your upper lip hair and how long the results last. Any and all information will help!!
Old 05-09-2014, 09:51 AM

Also I'm kind of thinking I want to do this today but I would like some advice before I jump I to this decision! Haha
Old 05-09-2014, 09:59 AM

Linaki is a splendid one to behold Linaki is a splendid one to behold Linaki is a splendid one to behold Linaki is a splendid one to behold Linaki is a splendid one to behold Linaki is a splendid one to behold Linaki is a splendid one to behold Linaki is a splendid one to behold
I get mine waxed. I didn't for the longest time and my nail lady who waxes my eyebrows told me I was crazy not to do my lip. Now I can't believe I never did it before.

Dimmer, 2014 and Strawberryswirl like this.

Linaki's plastic surgeon is Paul Vitenas, Jr. , M.D
VISIT WEBSITE
DOCTOR PROFILE
The Following User Says Thank You to Linaki For This Useful Post:
Old 05-09-2014, 10:03 AM

GeekMom is on a distinguished road
I have pretty sensitive skin, but I got a bad chemical burn using Nair. So I asked my dermatologist and she told me the only real way to get rid of it was doing electrolysis.

I've done that a few times now (on my upper lip) and would highly recommend going to a professional and getting a lidocane bumming injection and then let them do their thing. It takes about 45 min or an hour to clear my upper lip. Much of it has never grown back 40%? and the hairs that gave come back are a lot finer. I went in like every other month and it's now been over 6 months since my last appointment. I don't have to tweeze or bleach and it's not really noticeable at all now.

So go do electrolysis. It doesn't hurt at all with a lidocane injection!
The Following User Says Thank You to GeekMom For This Useful Post:
Old 05-09-2014, 10:05 AM

Originally Posted by Linaki View Post
I get mine waxed. I didn't for the longest time and my nail lady who waxes my eyebrows told me I was crazy not to do my lip. Now I can't believe I never did it before.
Thank you!! I've never had anything waxed before, like ever haha - how long do the results last?!
Old 05-09-2014, 10:07 AM

Linaki is a splendid one to behold Linaki is a splendid one to behold Linaki is a splendid one to behold Linaki is a splendid one to behold Linaki is a splendid one to behold Linaki is a splendid one to behold Linaki is a splendid one to behold Linaki is a splendid one to behold
Originally Posted by Dimmer View Post
Thank you!! I've never had anything waxed before, like ever haha - how long do the results last?!
For me it last a few months and it's pretty cheap. It's over with so quickly, I don't think it hurts and I'm a pretty big wimp.

Blondie35 likes this.

Linaki's plastic surgeon is Paul Vitenas, Jr. , M.D
VISIT WEBSITE
DOCTOR PROFILE
Old 05-09-2014, 10:16 AM

Cesi2603 is on a distinguished road
I agree with ^^^.. Waxing in my part of town is $12 for both lip and eyebrows... I go about every 3to 4 weeks for my brows and my lip is usually every other time I go for my brows... Can't wait til I can afford laser on my entire body lol.. Nair for me left me red and irritated for 2 days so I never did it.. I've been wanting to just buy my own waxing system lately so I can do everything at home

Linaki likes this.
Old 05-14-2014, 08:03 AM

BoriNena89 is on a distinguished road
I actually shave mine *gasp* but when i was younger I had an older cousin who suggested it, but told me to shave down, not up so that the hairs dont grow back darker or thicker. I have been doing this since I was 17 and havent had any issues with it and they dont grow back crazy. I have black hair so once I notice them I just repeat the process... I tried waxing but it starts to add up $$$ so I stopped.

joyful likes this.
Old 05-14-2014, 08:28 AM

River Song is on a distinguished road
I got laser hair removal. Cost about $300 for all four hair removal sessions of my upper lip and well worth every penny. Practically painless. Now I can add up all I would spend on wax hair-removing products and the stress of it and I'm so happy with it.
Old 05-14-2014, 10:44 AM

olymoly is on a distinguished road
Waxing all along! Hurts a but but if you do it on regular basis, it seems to be less painful

I also use No!No! from time to time, but hate smell of burnt hair
Old 05-14-2014, 11:39 AM

FridaBo is on a distinguished road
I pluck mine with tweezers.
Old 05-14-2014, 11:53 AM

joyful has a spectacular aura joyful has a spectacular aura joyful has a spectacular aura
I pluck mine too, but don't even notice I have a mustache until I put on my reading glasses and then am horrified!

I have freckles above my upper lip so look as though I have a permanent mustache.

Linaki likes this.
Old 05-14-2014, 11:58 AM

armygirl06 will become famous soon enough
I wax it maybe every 4 or 5 weeks. Once u been waxing for a while it grows less and thinner. Also there is a waxing kit u can use at home for it too, I don't do it because I always think its just easier to get it done when I get my eyebrows done.
Old 05-14-2014, 12:43 PM

queenmami is on a distinguished road
veet

So I just waxed mine like 15 min ago lol. I found veet ready wax strips and omg they are amazing.youtube them
Old 06-09-2014, 11:04 PM

Cherry-b0mb is on a distinguished road
About a year ago I actually started threading both eyebrows and upper lip. I find its a lot less harsh on my skin ( I used to get really bad rashes and pimples afterwards) and I personally feel its less tugging on my skin= less wrinkles later!
I know women in their late 40s who have been waxing all their lives and it makes the skin sag and you can actually tell whos been waxing since theyre 15 and who hasn't

I should add that my hair grows freakishly fast. Most girls don't need to go until 1-2 months I need to go every week and a half lol. And threading is cheaper than waxing.

Natsmom likes this.
Old 06-10-2014, 08:57 AM

sunnygirl79 is on a distinguished road
I did laser and it has been amazing!! It took me 6 sessions and I did it along with some other body parts. Now I don't have hair on my upper lip (or chin, lol) anymore!! (and the session literally takes 2 minutes on the upper lip, faster than waxing and less painful by far).

River Song likes this.

VISIT WEBSITE
DOCTOR PROFILE
Old 06-10-2014, 09:04 AM
Finally got my boobies!!

Strawberryswirl is on a distinguished road
I just get mine waxed about every month to month and a half when I get my eyebrows done.
Old 06-10-2014, 09:41 AM

Honey003 is on a distinguished road
I haven't ever messed with my lip hair since it's really fine but I definitely prefer threading over waxing for my brows. My skin gets so irritated with wax and leaves little bumps for a few days. The threading seems to last longer and no irritation, also it's the same price so that's my go to. I'm assuming the lips would be similar...
Old 06-10-2014, 10:15 AM

River Song is on a distinguished road
Originally Posted by sunnygirl79 View Post
I did laser and it has been amazing!! It took me 6 sessions and I did it along with some other body parts. Now I don't have hair on my upper lip (or chin, lol) anymore!! (and the session literally takes 2 minutes on the upper lip, faster than waxing and less painful by far).
Most people don't seem to realize what an affordable option laser is. Seriously. the money spent on waxing/threading over a lifetime is much much more. It only took me 3 sessions but they said 4 is average.

Now the problem is I'm addicted... I want to get my legs and pits done! Maybe even some other places...