Go Back   Just Breast Implants Forum Women's Beauty, Health, and Fitness

|
Forgot Username/Password?
Forum Home Blogs FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Women's Beauty, Health, and Fitness Use this forum to discuss beauty products, hair care, diets, fitness, etc.

Like Tree13Likes

Self Worth

Old 05-15-2014, 08:37 AM

MrsHotRod is on a distinguished road
Self Worth

This morning I woke up to this quote
"A flower does not think of competing to the flower next to it, it just blooms".

At one point in my life I had no self confidence due to some bad relationships. I let those into my life that did nothing but bring me down and tell me that I was nothing. From that experience I learned that the people that hurt me were broken souls.

I've been guilty of comparing myself to others sometimes. Wishing for the perfect body, gorgeous hair, flawless skin/nails and sometimes even materialistic things. It's just the world we live in today. It shouldn't be that way. Every advertisement, every magazine, every retail store puts in your head that you need to look a certain way, to be pretty, skinny, and cool. We compete with ourselves, with our worth. I've seen girls with zero confidence because the world tells them they aren't good enough, that they are worthless if they don't have this designer bag, the newest car, or the smallest waist. Just throw it all away. Throw away the images society has burned into our brains because perfect doesn't exist. The most beautiful person in the world is imperfect. Look past all of the faux glitter and gold and see what really matters, the real beauty that is not only within but sheds light to others from their soul. SELF WORTH IS BEAUTY & with that you can conquer the world.

It all starts within. No one is going to make you happy but YOU! My life changed when I decided to wake up everyday and MAKE MYSELF HAPPY. Do what makes you happy but not at the expense of your worth.
Old 05-15-2014, 12:01 PM
We can not control the winds but we can adjust our sails

sty@homemom is a glorious beacon of light sty@homemom is a glorious beacon of light sty@homemom is a glorious beacon of light sty@homemom is a glorious beacon of light sty@homemom is a glorious beacon of light
Originally Posted by Mrs1thousand83 View Post
This morning I woke up to this quote
"A flower does not think of competing to the flower next to it, it just blooms".

At one point in my life I had no self confidence due to some bad relationships. I let those into my life that did nothing but bring me down and tell me that I was nothing. From that experience I learned that the people that hurt me were broken souls.

I've been guilty of comparing myself to others sometimes. Wishing for the perfect body, gorgeous hair, flawless skin/nails and sometimes even materialistic things. It's just the world we live in today. It shouldn't be that way. Every advertisement, every magazine, every retail store puts in your head that you need to look a certain way, to be pretty, skinny, and cool. We compete with ourselves, with our worth. I've seen girls with zero confidence because the world tells them they aren't good enough, that they are worthless if they don't have this designer bag, the newest car, or the smallest waist. Just throw it all away. Throw away the images society has burned into our brains because perfect doesn't exist. The most beautiful person in the world is imperfect. Look past all of the faux glitter and gold and see what really matters, the real beauty that is not only within but sheds light to others from their soul. SELF WORTH IS BEAUTY & with that you can conquer the world.

It all starts within. No one is going to make you happy but YOU! My life changed when I decided to wake up everyday and MAKE MYSELF HAPPY. Do what makes you happy but not at the expense of your worth.
Glad to hear that your feeling empowered, good for your, that's awesome...

Materialistic items are just that, don't really mean a row of bean in the scheme of things and comparing yourself to others is never healthy, March to the beat of your own drum! Keep your head up & be proud..

TexasHulaGirl likes this.
Old 05-15-2014, 12:21 PM
xoxo

mikkisixx is on a distinguished road
I have a 3 year old daughter and I can honestly say I am scared to death of the torment and the struggle she may have with finding confidence and beauty within herself. It's insane the things we feel we need to do to look good or gain acceptance in today's society. Even more so, how harsh others can be towards us when we don't meet their standards. We all need to be a little more loving and accepting I think.

Great post!

Bongodrums likes this.
Old 05-15-2014, 12:27 PM
We can not control the winds but we can adjust our sails

sty@homemom is a glorious beacon of light sty@homemom is a glorious beacon of light sty@homemom is a glorious beacon of light sty@homemom is a glorious beacon of light sty@homemom is a glorious beacon of light
Yes, I have to agree, there are society pressures out there and no doubt at times we may have all fallen a victim to it but sometimes we just have to take it back to the basics, the most important thing is life isn't appearance or materialist items, it's heath & happiness, because if you don't have either, what do ya got..

Stay positive and keep on loving your self

bigbigboobies likes this.
Old 05-15-2014, 12:35 PM
Flawless go braless

bigrack has a spectacular aura bigrack has a spectacular aura bigrack has a spectacular aura
Loved this, well said!

VISIT WEBSITE
DOCTOR PROFILE
Old 08-11-2014, 09:27 AM
Part Mermaid Part Cat

MerKitty is on a distinguished road
This is a great post. I struggle with self worth all the time, and it kind of makes me wonder if once I start the plastic surgery train, I'll end up going on and on until I don't recognize myself anymore because I'm trying so hard to compete with my own views of what I should be, and with everyone around me.
Old 09-15-2014, 04:29 PM

Bongodrums will become famous soon enough Bongodrums will become famous soon enough
Originally Posted by MerKitty View Post
This is a great post. I struggle with self worth all the time, and it kind of makes me wonder if once I start the plastic surgery train, I'll end up going on and on until I don't recognize myself anymore because I'm trying so hard to compete with my own views of what I should be, and with everyone around me.
I used to struggle immensely with self worth. For the last year, I've been doing myself a favor, by finding myself, taking time for myself, and stoppig destructive thought cycles, and by trying to learn from my mistakes and simultaneously not take myself too seriously. It has been working! I wanted to work on my mind and heart before I start my breast augmentation journey. That way, the plastic surgery does not become a crutch, it becomes an outward manifestation of my inner self. I encourage you to really figure out why your self worth is low; when you discover the root cause, you can then proceed to remedy it, instead of using plasti surgery as a bandaid for a gaping wound. After you begin to find an inner confidence an self respect, then pursue plastic surgery because you WANT it, not because you think you need it.
Old 09-15-2014, 04:57 PM

Tracelement is on a distinguished road
Beautifully said. Thank you! I worry about my daughters all the time. I'm hoping that through me having and showing them good self esteem and self worth they will have it too.

It hasn't always been that way for me. I too have struggled with it and been mistreated.

So happy for you to have seen the light! It's a wonderful place to be!