Go Back   Just Breast Implants Forum Women's Beauty, Health, and Fitness

|
Forgot Username/Password?
Forum Home Blogs FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Women's Beauty, Health, and Fitness Use this forum to discuss beauty products, hair care, diets, fitness, etc.

Implanon/Lost of Sex Drive/IRREGULAR PERIOD

Old 05-26-2014, 08:32 PM

barbieluv is on a distinguished road
Implanon/Lost of Sex Drive/IRREGULAR PERIOD

Any of you girls had implanon as a contraceptive and lost your sex drive? I notice that ever since I had this implant my sex drive is non existent. That is not all. Has anyone of you didn't get their period for 6 months up to a year? This happened to me a year ago. Then I went to having no period to having one every 2 weeks. AND today, I have had it for the whole month, everyday. Has anyone experienced this before?
Old 06-06-2014, 12:31 PM

Boobieluv22 is on a distinguished road
I had it for three years and honestly don't know why I kept it in so long. It was the worst. I got really bad dandruff because of it. It completely took my sex drive and kept me dry. My period was so annoying! I used to be on for only 3 to 4 days normally, it went completely away with the shot and then it felt like I had it every other week and light spotting every other time. I will never use it again. I'm now on the Marina for 5 years, sex drive is back and forgot what a period feels like as it went away for good! Best decision to have the impala on taken out.
The Following User Says Thank You to Boobieluv22 For This Useful Post:
Old 06-06-2014, 10:23 PM

barbieluv is on a distinguished road
thats the iud right? I'm thinking about switching to that but I'm scared it would hurt so bad. I never had children.
Old 07-14-2014, 09:42 AM

RestlessAntics is on a distinguished road
Implanon is known to have some of the worst complications for birth control. That and the depo shot place a large amount of hormones in your body that can amplify negative birth control comploications. When I started the pill, I didn't comletely lose my sex drive but it was noticeably diminished.

Overall, if you're unhappy with your form of birth control, I would definitely recommend that you talk to your doctor about your options and if you can find something that may suit you better.