Go Back   Just Breast Implants Forum Women's Beauty, Health, and Fitness

|
Forgot Username/Password?
Forum Home Blogs FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Women's Beauty, Health, and Fitness Use this forum to discuss beauty products, hair care, diets, fitness, etc.

Like Tree12Likes
  • 1 Post By Hambone1999
  • 3 Post By skindeep
  • 3 Post By TexasHulaGirl
  • 1 Post By BarbarellaWanaB
  • 2 Post By BarbarellaWanaB
  • 1 Post By RockyD707
  • 1 Post By Travel Queen

Exercise to firm booty???

Old 09-27-2014, 06:02 AM

Hambone1999 will become famous soon enough Hambone1999 will become famous soon enough
Exercise to firm booty???

Anyone have good exercise program to lift and firm the booty? I
Know squats are great but as hard as I try they kill my knees ( I'm not 20 anymore! Lol).
any way....alternatives for squats?

Suggestions?

Linaki likes this.
Old 09-27-2014, 07:52 AM

LadyLola is on a distinguished road
Oh I hope some more people chime in! I just got cleared for working out by my PS (yesssss!!!) and I have a photoshoot in 4 or 6 weeks that I need to get ready for. I'm looking for new ideas.

For booty, I like to do fire hydrants, mountain climbers, scissor kicks, deadlifts, lunges (which also hurts my knees, worse than squats, so I know your pain OP!), and donkey kicks. Prior to my BA and prior to a really bad car accident last year, I did HIIT (High Intensity Interval Training) and it was the best my legs had looked since my soccer days. HIIT helps you burn fat faster and I like it because with my busy schedule, I could get an amazing workout done in less than 30 minutes on days my time was crunched.

A year in recovery undid all of it and I'm ready to get those legs back!
Old 09-27-2014, 08:01 AM
Rock Barbie

skindeep is on a distinguished road
I go to youtube for a lot of at home workout stuff when I don't have time to go to the gym I use this one a lot, and it doesn't have the squats or lunges in the mix, it really burns for the first few days! Good Luck!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mRuB0rPB9Zs
Old 09-27-2014, 08:10 AM

TexasHulaGirl is just really nice TexasHulaGirl is just really nice TexasHulaGirl is just really nice TexasHulaGirl is just really nice
Smile

Originally Posted by Hambone1999 View Post
Anyone have good exercise program to lift and firm the booty? I
Know squats are great but as hard as I try they kill my knees ( I'm not 20 anymore! Lol).
any way....alternatives for squats?

Suggestions?

Do you have trouble w/ your knees in general? If you do then just avoid the squats, but if you don't usually have trouble w/ your knees then it could be your form that's the issue. W/ squats it's important to keep your knees behind your toes throughout the entire move, and put all your weight in your heels. Lunges are great too, and the same form applies. I know youtube really does have some great tutorial videos for this ; )

And the exercises that the pp suggested are all great for the butt. If you're looking for an actual exercise program to help you out...Brazilian Butt Lift really does work and it has a lot of floor work, that isn't squats or lunges, to work the butt. You can get the entire exercise program off Beachbody.com for $60.
Old 09-27-2014, 08:14 AM

DDPistol is on a distinguished road
I've been wondering the same thing thing. I've recently lost almost 40lbs and need to lose 5-10lbs more. I also am not 20. I've been running 3 miles 2-4 days a week as often as work allows. I've heard lunges work well but they end up hurting my knees. If anyone knows the answer I would love to hear it!
Old 09-27-2014, 09:05 AM

BarbarellaWanaB will become famous soon enough BarbarellaWanaB will become famous soon enough
Isometric Squeezes

Hi, I do squats, & think "They are the Bomb" Lol

I also do isometric excercies, all during the day.
ie, I squeeze my butt muscles while brushing my teeth
ie, I do ballet type of stretches while waiting for my coffee.(leg lifts that engage butt & leg muscles, & over arm stetches
ie, plies, then squeezing up, I sometimes use Denise Austin for mini workouts.
I think the butt muscles should be engaged several times, every day

You can get the butt you want,& strengthen & protect your knees. just keep at it!

I hear you, & like your quote, "I am not 20 anymore! "

TexasHulaGirl likes this.
Old 09-27-2014, 09:09 AM

BarbarellaWanaB will become famous soon enough BarbarellaWanaB will become famous soon enough
I use You Tube alot also!

Originally Posted by skindeep View Post
I go to youtube for a lot of at home workout stuff when I don't have time to go to the gym I use this one a lot, and it doesn't have the squats or lunges in the mix, it really burns for the first few days! Good Luck!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mRuB0rPB9Zs
I do use Youtube also. Tons, & tons of workouts are there, even famous ones!

TexasHulaGirl and skindeep like this.
Old 09-29-2014, 07:20 AM

RockyD707 is on a distinguished road
Honestly...the best way to firm your booty is to hit the squat rack and do dead lifts...you may be the only girl in your gym there (it's starting to become more popular though) but you will LOVE your end result. Plus it can be something you and your significant other do together. I know my boyfriend loves helping/watching me do my squats lol. Plus it's rewarding not only to see your progress, but to feel like you can beat the boys!! You also need to have a high protein intake to balance your workout. Good luck!!!

TexasHulaGirl likes this.
Old 10-28-2014, 10:50 AM

TinyTimmonsA is on a distinguished road
Stairclimbers and squats are your best bet, if squats hurt your knees stair climbers are best
Old 10-28-2014, 11:28 AM

Travel Queen is on a distinguished road
I would like to know this too...
Im new to the whole work out thing.. I want to love it, like it seems so many do, but I just cant lol
Ive always been very lucky and have never needed to do much more then lots of walking.. But now that I am in my 30s its a different story.
Im not over weight, but I do need to tone.. im quite small with a little "fluff" around the middle.
Cellulite has become my enemy.
I am not even a little comfortable at the gym, I do stuff at home on my yoga mat. My problem is I don't know the best moves to target the lower and sides of belly and the thighs and butt.
I will be following this thread...
Any advise to help the unmotivated get motivated? haha

scarletdreams likes this.