Go Back   Just Breast Implants Forum Women's Beauty, Health, and Fitness

|
Forgot Username/Password?
Forum Home Blogs FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Women's Beauty, Health, and Fitness Use this forum to discuss beauty products, hair care, diets, fitness, etc.

Like Tree19Likes
  • 4 Post By mango2014
  • 2 Post By BC A2C
  • 2 Post By jbithatsall
  • 1 Post By mellen4152
  • 2 Post By Cupcake85
  • 1 Post By dogsneverlie
  • 1 Post By mikkisixx
  • 2 Post By SLH1974
  • 2 Post By Sunshineyogi
  • 2 Post By Titicaca

I've been wanting to try fake eyelashes

Old 01-22-2015, 10:03 PM
Finally getting BA! Fall 2015

mango2014 is on a distinguished road
I've been wanting to try fake eyelashes

One of the youtube makeup gurus is always wearing them. She's usually got on House of Lashes, Velour lashes, or Lena lashes.
and she makes it seem so easy to put on -___- I've tried a handful of times & have never been successful. They usually end up looking superrrr fake & wonky....that might be bc I've only bought the cheapest with the cheapest glue....
I just don't want to go out & spend $35 on a pair & $15 on the good glue if I'm not going to learn how to put them on properly.
Any pointers on placement? & what kind you use?

VISIT WEBSITE
DOCTOR PROFILE
Old 01-22-2015, 10:20 PM
5'1" & 125lbs

BC A2C is a splendid one to behold BC A2C is a splendid one to behold BC A2C is a splendid one to behold BC A2C is a splendid one to behold BC A2C is a splendid one to behold BC A2C is a splendid one to behold
I think our important to first remember that these ladies almost always have a full, full, face of makeup going on, so lashes easily fit into that. But for the most part we're not on that level on the average day so they can look faker/out of place. Also, we're looking at ourselves within inches of the mirror, but we see them feet away from the camera, which I think blurs some of that fakeness.

Duo makes great lash glue and it's like $6. They have a white/clear and one that dries to black. They pretty much all swear by it too.

Ardele makes great lashes in a billion varieties so you can definitely find a good option there and they're all under $10.

Application is my weakness too. I think a big issue is that lashes come cut pretty long. So it's super important to trim to your right size. Cut from the outer/fuller ends as the inside/shorter bits are already tapered to fit you properly.

Beyond that I have no actual tips to glue them to your face lol

mango2014 and dogsneverlie like this.
Old 01-22-2015, 10:23 PM

jbithatsall is on a distinguished road
I could never get the fake lashes to work for me. I ended up getting eyelash extensions and have had them for two years now. They are a bit high maintenance (I have them filled every 2 weeks), but I LOVE them! I had to take them off for my BA Tuesday, but am getting them back on tomorrow

PumpkinSpice and mango2014 like this.

jbithatsall's plastic surgeon is Aldo Guerra, MD, FACS
VISIT WEBSITE
DOCTOR PROFILE
Old 01-23-2015, 02:21 AM

mellen4152 will become famous soon enough
I havent tried out fake lashes yet but my cousin got lash extensions just like jbithatisall and since then I have beem itching to get them done but after my ba I dont have the time/nor the lee way $$. Christmas+BA+Full time student class fees=broke lol. But my cousin used to wear eyeliner, eye shadow, mascara, and foundatio. Now just the lashes an foundation which looks very natural! Also im pretty sure those youtube girls spend hours practicing makeup to make us girls feel like failures haha!

mango2014 likes this.

mellen4152's plastic surgeon is Christopher Pelletiere, MD
VISIT WEBSITE
DOCTOR PROFILE
Old 01-23-2015, 02:43 AM
I <3 boobs

Cupcake85 is a jewel in the rough Cupcake85 is a jewel in the rough Cupcake85 is a jewel in the rough Cupcake85 is a jewel in the rough
Practice!

I've finally mastered them but don't bother wearing them daily as it just wears them down quicker.

First time I tried I gave up they would not work! This was many years ago. I vowed they were stupid and I would never waste my money again lol.

After seeing some pre glued ones I thought wth I will try again. I did manage to get them and they looked great BUT they peel in the corners through the day.

I bought glue ones I think the brand was 1000 hour because the style appealed to me most. My current set is Manicare as I fell in love with them and that brand was on special.

I use pointed tweezers rather than slanted ones to apply them. I hold them with tweezers and apply the glue. I now just put them on but when first learning waving them around slightly to make the glue a bit tacky rather than wet helps. I start at the outer corner (oh before glue I measure them and trim first!) I get it as close to my lash line as possible and drop it on and across if that makes sense. I usually then grab the inner corner with my tweezers and mould it to the shape of eye otherwise it goes straight across or looks weird. If necessary I use my fingers to mould and bend the lashes to my eye shape by gently pushing on the inner and outer corners which can help to get it closer to your lash line and if dropping it in place did not work.

Once you master it a couple of times it honestly gets easier. Hope my explanation made sense and helped. I also am nowhere near as quick as the girls on YouTube Watching that did not help me I just had to practice until I got it. The self adhesive were honestly great for this as there's no glue drying or going everywhere, yes they don't stay on well like I mentioned but to practice getting them on they were awesome!

mango2014 and dogsneverlie like this.
The Following User Says Thank You to Cupcake85 For This Useful Post:
Old 01-23-2015, 07:45 AM

dogsneverlie has a spectacular aura dogsneverlie has a spectacular aura dogsneverlie has a spectacular aura
What a great post. I LOVE THICK, LONG LASHES and of course I do not have them.....

Everytime I walk by the fake lashes I think.....should I? I might get some pre-glued ones to play with! Of course I learned of the extenders a few years ago and wanted to do it but the upkeep and $$$$.....I just couldn't. I bet you girls who have read some of my posts about not knowing girlie things are laughing that I know about lash extenders!!!!!

Once my girlfriend was in school for facials and invited me over after work for a free facial......she kept wiping, and wiping, and wiping my eyes and finally said "dang girl, how much mascara do you use".............I USE A LOT!

mango2014 likes this.
Old 02-09-2015, 09:13 AM
xoxo

mikkisixx is on a distinguished road
I wear fake lashes daily and I LOVE them. I have naturally long lashes, but lack the volume.

I agree with a PP that it takes a lot of practice. Tweezers always help me bc I can get them right where I want them.

mango2014 likes this.
Old 02-09-2015, 10:55 AM

SLH1974 will become famous soon enough
I heartily recommend lash extensions. However, beware that they are a significant commitment - financially and care-wise. If you want to give some good strips a try, go to the MAC counter or MAC store. They sell their own line of great looking falsies, and will put them on for you! ; )

mango2014 and Sunshineyogi like this.
Old 02-09-2015, 11:42 AM

Sunshineyogi is on a distinguished road
I agree with the eyelash extensions! They look so amazing and feel really natural. You don't even need mascara unless you really want them to stand out. I did the extreme lashes for my wedding and my makeup artist said they were the best she has ever seen. I could never get the glue on ones to look right either

mango2014 and SLH1974 like this.

VISIT WEBSITE
DOCTOR PROFILE
Old 02-09-2015, 12:51 PM

Titicaca is on a distinguished road
Ex makeup artist here

Like all the other ladies, it really does take practise, just like liquid eyeliner does and just like all eye makeup did in the beginning!

I recommend duo as well, it's forgiving and you get ALOT in a tube for what you pay for. If you stuff it up,let it dry and then pull the dried glue straight off! Easy

A big mistake a lot of girls make is putting too much glue on - they think more glue, more hold. But all it does it take longer to dry, you loose ur 'steel' and blink and offf comes the lash. You get the s**ts and once you've got the shits, you can forget application lol!! Apply the tiniest amount - you can always use a q-tip to touch on a little more at the ends where they can sometimes lift.

Another thing to do if ur using a full-length lash is to trim them. A lot of girls gape in horror at the thought of cutting them, but if the lash is too big (i.e. long), it will pop right off with the natural movement of your eye. Most lashes come with a little bit of stickiness on the 'naked' lash - use that to a) practise placement and b) measure it. If it's too long and you can feel it on the inside of your eye, carefully trim it with CLEAN nail scissors from the INSIDE of the lash. And just quickly - don't trim the lashes, trim the bit you glue!! I don't mean to sound like I'm idiot proofing, but I had a few girls come back that trimmed the physical lashes and not the glue strip... *sigh* That's okay. Don't throw out your trimmings either - I usually have to trim a fair bit of, and then I re position the trimming on the outside of the eye for extra fullness.

Personally, I started out putting on individual falsies or the half lashes from MAC. The reason they're a good starting point is it's way easier to hide any misadventures while getting your hand at it, and they look beaaaaautiful. Yeah they're pricier than others, but like anything you absolutely get what you pay for. And you can get a multiple uses out of mac lashes if you take care of them.

I found the easiest way (and I'm not sure if the youtube vid showed you this way so forgive me if I'm repeating) is the actually put your mirror in your lap. That way, you're looking down at your lap and you'll find your eye appears 'closed', and application gets SO much easier. It's hard to explain without you actually doing it, but it's WAAY easier than tying to do the one-eyed application because you'll have both eyes open, thusly not messing up your depth perception.

And always pop your eyeliner on last!! Also great for hiding a few rookie errors Good luck!

mango2014 and M710 like this.
Old 03-08-2015, 02:37 PM

CaliFitness is on a distinguished road
I wear fake lashes when I compete (all does), but I've always had them done professionally. Surely it can be done by yourself, but it seem difficult to far too clumsy me.

CaliFitness's plastic surgeon is David Kim, M.D.
VISIT WEBSITE
DOCTOR PROFILE