Go Back   Just Breast Implants Forum Women's Beauty, Health, and Fitness

|
Forgot Username/Password?
Forum Home Blogs FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Women's Beauty, Health, and Fitness Use this forum to discuss beauty products, hair care, diets, fitness, etc.

Like Tree22Likes

Latisse or lash extensions?

Reply Subscribe
Old 06-16-2015, 09:06 PM

bikiniboobs is on a distinguished road
Latisse or lash extensions?

Would love some input... I'm trying to decide between Latisse or lash extensions. Pros and cons of each?

LouisVLover likes this.
Old 06-16-2015, 09:53 PM

FireFox24 is on a distinguished road
Lovely Lashes

I have been thinking about lash extensions. I have read a few things about Latisse that are a cause for concern for me, such as darkening of the skin around the eyes.
I am going on an extended vacation later this year and I thought this would be a great time to get lash extensions and try them out.
I love false lashes and it would be so nice to not have to apply them everyday!
Personally I do not mind having to go every 6 ish weeks to get them touched up.
I also bought a diy lash extension kit that I have not had time to try yet, but I will post with a review when I do! (I have a steady hand and have applied false lashes for years, so I figured it would be worth a try). It almost looks like applying smaller individuals with longer lasting glue.

Any Latisse users out there that have had great results?

bikiniboobs likes this.
Old 06-16-2015, 09:58 PM

EyeWantBoobies is on a distinguished road
I've never tried Latisse but do eyelash extensions. I get them touched up every 3 weeks or so. I love not having to use mascara and have gotten many compliments on my lashes.
It's expensive though. I paid $90 for the first set and $60 for touchups.

LouisVLover and bikiniboobs like this.
Old 06-16-2015, 10:04 PM

Originally Posted by FireFox24 View Post
I have been thinking about lash extensions. I have read a few things about Latisse that are a cause for concern for me, such as darkening of the skin around the eyes.
I am going on an extended vacation later this year and I thought this would be a great time to get lash extensions and try them out.
I also bought a diy lash extension kit that I have not had time to try yet, but I will post with a review when I do! (I have a steady hand and have applied false lashes for years, so I figured it would be worth a try). It almost looks like applying smaller individuals with longer lasting glue.

I wish I had a steady hand I have tried to apply them myself multiple times and they never look right.
Old 06-16-2015, 10:06 PM

Originally Posted by EyeWantBoobies View Post
I've never tried Latisse but do eyelash extensions. I get them touched up every 3 weeks or so. I love not having to use mascara and have gotten many compliments on my lashes.
It's expensive though. I paid $90 for the first set and $60 for touchups.
Thank you for your response do the extensions cause your own lashes to break or fall out?
Old 06-17-2015, 05:48 AM

Gypsydanger is on a distinguished road
When you decide to stop having refills done and have them removed you're own lashes will likely be sparse for awhile.

I had extensions and I loved them but only for about the first week after getting them done each refill. After that you would naturally loose some and I'm obsessed with symmetry and it would
Drive me crazy of one eye had more lashes missing or if there seemed to be a gap where I had lost a bunch of lashes. So then I wanted to go get refills
Every 2 weeks and the cost of $65 a refill plus the amount of time it takes to get a proper refill and having to go that frequently wasn't worth it IMO.
The Following User Says Thank You to Gypsydanger For This Useful Post:
Old 06-17-2015, 05:49 AM

SapphireOrchid is on a distinguished road
Someone that works in another department in my hospital had lash fall out after a year of extensions. I don't know where she was getting them done, but she's not the type to skimp out on her beauty needs. But my friend had been getting them for a long while and she says her natural lashes haven't changed. I think the fall out and breakage risk has a lot to do with your own body.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

bikiniboobs likes this.
Old 06-17-2015, 06:02 AM

EekaB is on a distinguished road
No first-hand experience with Latisse, but my mom was using it for a while. It did thicken her lashes slightly, but nowhere near the effect of false lashes. If you're used to that look id definitely go for extensions. I had those for my wedding and loved them, but they annoyed me too much after a week or so to keep them! If you're used to false lashes though, I don't think you'd have a problem

bikiniboobs likes this.
Old 06-17-2015, 07:05 AM

Gypsydanger is on a distinguished road
You will have sparse lashes when you remove them for good. There will be lashes that come out in the removal process. Other than that no it didn't cause any breakage etc. while I had them. The damage is in the removal.
Old 06-17-2015, 08:31 AM

MelanieE will become famous soon enough
I tried eyelash extensions and they drove me crazy. They irritated my eyes and I couldn't get them off fast enough. I had to pay to have them removed not even 1 week after application. Maybe I'm just sensitive to the glue, but it also felt like a poking sensation at times.
Old 06-17-2015, 08:48 AM

Linaki is a splendid one to behold Linaki is a splendid one to behold Linaki is a splendid one to behold Linaki is a splendid one to behold Linaki is a splendid one to behold Linaki is a splendid one to behold Linaki is a splendid one to behold Linaki is a splendid one to behold
I've been using generic Latisse for years and love it. Cheap and easy and I have had no negative issues with it. It's not the same as extensions for sure but it is a good fit for me.

TexasHulaGirl and bikiniboobs like this.

Linaki's plastic surgeon is Paul Vitenas, Jr. , M.D
VISIT WEBSITE
DOCTOR PROFILE
The Following User Says Thank You to Linaki For This Useful Post:
Old 06-17-2015, 09:17 AM

Originally Posted by MelanieE View Post
I tried eyelash extensions and they drove me crazy. They irritated my eyes and I couldn't get them off fast enough. I had to pay to have them removed not even 1 week after application. Maybe I'm just sensitive to the glue, but it also felt like a poking sensation at times.
I have only worn fake lashes a handful of times but they drove me crazy too. Wasn't sure if it's something you get used to or not.

LouisVLover likes this.
Old 06-17-2015, 09:20 AM

Originally Posted by Linaki View Post
I've been using generic Latisse for years and love it. Cheap and easy and I have had no negative issues with it. It's not the same as extensions for sure but it is a good fit for me.
I have seen a few off brands of latisse, which one do you use? And how often do you use it?

mango2014 likes this.
Old 06-18-2015, 08:48 AM

TexasHulaGirl is just really nice TexasHulaGirl is just really nice TexasHulaGirl is just really nice TexasHulaGirl is just really nice
Smile

Yup, I love Latisse. I'm still using the sample bottle my PS gave me, but when that's all done I'm going to get the Careprost (the generic).

It took about 3 wks of using it every night for me to notice a difference, but it did make my lashes really long and less sparse. I got a lot of compliments even when I wasn't wearing mascara : ) Once my lashes started growing I started only using the Latisse every other day.

The only thing is that when you stop using it, your lashes will go back to how they were before using it. When I've taken breaks from using the Latisse (2-3 mths of non-use) my lashes went back to being short and thinned out, but not horrible looking.

Linaki likes this.
Old 06-18-2015, 09:07 AM

Linaki is a splendid one to behold Linaki is a splendid one to behold Linaki is a splendid one to behold Linaki is a splendid one to behold Linaki is a splendid one to behold Linaki is a splendid one to behold Linaki is a splendid one to behold Linaki is a splendid one to behold
Originally Posted by TexasHulaGirl View Post
Yup, I love Latisse. I'm still using the sample bottle my PS gave me, but when that's all done I'm going to get the Careprost (the generic).

It took about 3 wks of using it every night for me to notice a difference, but it did make my lashes really long and less sparse. I got a lot of compliments even when I wasn't wearing mascara : ) Once my lashes started growing I started only using the Latisse every other day.

The only thing is that when you stop using it, your lashes will go back to how they were before using it. When I've taken breaks from using the Latisse (2-3 mths of non-use) my lashes went back to being short and thinned out, but not horrible looking.

This is what I use- Careprost. It's not an off brand like some of the other things you see on the market like rapidlash and those kinds of things. This is just the generic of Latisse. I get it from a pharmacy in the UK.

When I started I used it every night. Now that I've been using it for years I use it every other night. I buy 6 bottles at a time and that will last me over a year and with shipping is about $100. As compared to $100 a bottle in the U.S. For Latisse.

Last edited by Linaki; 06-18-2015 at 09:09 AM.

VISIT WEBSITE
DOCTOR PROFILE
Old 06-18-2015, 10:27 AM

Guling is on a distinguished road
I've had lash extensions for over a year now. I've tried different places and different technicians, and I just want to say that you have to make sure the one you're going to is great at what they do. If they know what they're doing, they'll make sure that the lashes you get aren't too long and heavy for your own lashes to support, which will lead to breakage. Your own lashes will fall out like usual, but it'll be much more noticeable because they're so long and dark. Inadequate cleaning and using the wrong products and makeup will also make them fall out faster. Lash extension glue doesn't do well with oil, so avoid any products containing oil around your eyes, and make sure to wash your skin too. And use makeup made for lash extensions.

I'm totally hooked on them, simply because you don't need to do anything with them when getting ready. No curling, no mascara, no clumps. You just need to do the rest of your makeup, if any, and brush through the lashes, and you're ready! I have saved SO much time in the morning thanks to them. I have 3D-lashes because they're lighter than regular and looks better after a few weeks.

With Latisse, you still need to do the makeup as usual and you have to keep using it. Plus, there are weird side effects from it, like skin darkening, your iris changing colors and it depletes the fat around your eyes. I tried NeuLash and my eyelids darkened and looked a bit more sunken and hollow. Not a cute look.

LouisVLover likes this.
The Following User Says Thank You to Guling For This Useful Post:
Old 06-18-2015, 12:21 PM

Originally Posted by Guling View Post
I've had lash extensions for over a year now. I've tried different places and different technicians, and I just want to say that you have to make sure the one you're going to is great at what they do. If they know what they're doing, they'll make sure that the lashes you get aren't too long and heavy for your own lashes to support, which will lead to breakage. Your own lashes will fall out like usual, but it'll be much more noticeable because they're so long and dark. Inadequate cleaning and using the wrong products and makeup will also make them fall out faster. Lash extension glue doesn't do well with oil, so avoid any products containing oil around your eyes, and make sure to wash your skin too. And use makeup made for lash extensions.

I'm totally hooked on them, simply because you don't need to do anything with them when getting ready. No curling, no mascara, no clumps. You just need to do the rest of your makeup, if any, and brush through the lashes, and you're ready! I have saved SO much time in the morning thanks to them. I have 3D-lashes because they're lighter than regular and looks better after a few weeks.

With Latisse, you still need to do the makeup as usual and you have to keep using it. Plus, there are weird side effects from it, like skin darkening, your iris changing colors and it depletes the fat around your eyes. I tried NeuLash and my eyelids darkened and looked a bit more sunken and hollow. Not a cute look.
There can be. I've never had any of these and I've been using Latisse for 7 years.

TexasHulaGirl likes this.

VISIT WEBSITE
DOCTOR PROFILE
Old 06-18-2015, 01:22 PM

Guling is on a distinguished road
There can be. I've never had any of these and I've been using Latisse for 7 years.
Sorry, I misworded that. You're right. I guess I was just unlucky.
Old 06-18-2015, 06:36 PM

LouisVLover is on a distinguished road
Originally Posted by bikiniboobs View Post
Would love some input... I'm trying to decide between Latisse or lash extensions. Pros and cons of each?
I just got extensions 2 weeks ago, I've used lattice forever 4 yrs but felt they were long but not thick and i wanted to wake up looking good without having to curl and wear mascara. the 1st week I LOVED them i didn't even feel the need to wear any eye makeup, i just had them filled today and I'm not sure if I'm just used to them now but they don't have as much "oomph" and the 1st time. also she suggested to continue to use my lattice as she can only attach a lash to a lash so u get better results if u have good lashes to begin with.

All in all i like them its just kinda expensive and u have to be really careful when washing your face.

bikiniboobs likes this.
Old 06-18-2015, 06:37 PM

LouisVLover is on a distinguished road
Originally Posted by FireFox24 View Post

they say to go every 2-3 weeks for a fill.
Reply Subscribe