Go Back   Just Breast Implants Forum Women's Beauty, Health, and Fitness

|
Forgot Username/Password?
Forum Home Blogs FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Women's Beauty, Health, and Fitness Use this forum to discuss beauty products, hair care, diets, fitness, etc.

Like Tree5Likes
  • 2 Post By torridcrafter
  • 2 Post By Asdfghjkl1
  • 1 Post By Lizy

I need to lose weight :(

Old 06-25-2015, 04:41 AM

Asdfghjkl1 can't get any worse
I need to lose weight :(

6 weeks until my BA and I really need to lose 5kgs. I've gained nearly 7kgs in 6 weeks (I've been working night shifts ) I think losing 5kgs is pushing it but I'll cut out all the junk and see how I go...
I'm currently addicted to cheese so that's gotta go ASAP. Also downloading calorie counter to keep myself in check. Does anyone have any tips/secrets/motivation ideas?
Old 06-25-2015, 06:24 AM

bikiniboobs is on a distinguished road
First off - you can do this!! Consistency is key so just keep pushing. Drink lots of water. Keep healthy foods in your purse and car to avoid slip ups. Put old pics up of you when you feel you looked the best to motivate!! Get it girl
Old 06-25-2015, 07:56 AM

torridcrafter is on a distinguished road
Cut out as much sugar, white and refined foods as possible. Shop the outer edge of the grocery store.
Breads, pastas, potatos, rice. Prepackaged foods. Drink lots of water and green tea and walk!

Watch what you are drinking. That is often the biggest source of sugar/calories.

Originally Posted by Asdfghjkl1 View Post
6 weeks until my BA and I really need to lose 5kgs. I've gained nearly 7kgs in 6 weeks (I've been working night shifts ) I think losing 5kgs is pushing it but I'll cut out all the junk and see how I go...
I'm currently addicted to cheese so that's gotta go ASAP. Also downloading calorie counter to keep myself in check. Does anyone have any tips/secrets/motivation ideas?

Lizy and Mythological like this.
Old 06-26-2015, 06:58 AM

Thank you for the positive replies!! I'll keep you all updated. I CAN DO THIS lol xxxxxx

bikiniboobs and torridcrafter like this.
Old 06-26-2015, 07:21 AM

bella623 is on a distinguished road
You have to really want to do it. Start by throwing out anything that would tempt you to cheat in your house. Bring your own food to work. I lost 10 lbs in about a month and a half using beachbody insanity and doing their nutrition plan. If anything, take a look at the nutrition plan. U could print a free pdf. You need both cardio and eating healthy. One without the other and you won't really see results. Sugar is my weakness! After a few days, the cravings do subside.
Old 06-26-2015, 07:23 AM

Originally Posted by bella623 View Post
You have to really want to do it. Start by throwing out anything that would tempt you to cheat in your house. Bring your own food to work. I lost 10 lbs in about a month and a half using beachbody insanity and doing their nutrition plan. If anything, take a look at the nutrition plan. U could print a free pdf. You need both cardio and eating healthy. One without the other and you won't really see results. Sugar is my weakness! After a few days, the cravings do subside.
I'm addicted to sugar!! It's so hard to quit!!! Following a nutrition plan is a great idea!! Thank you !
Old 06-26-2015, 08:27 AM

I'm addicted to sugar!! It's so hard to quit!!! Following a nutrition plan is a great idea!! Thank you !
Sugar addiction is HARD!!! You will be amazed at what contains sugAr but I can tell you first hand how toxic it is to our bodies! It will take 2 weeks of cutting out sugar to get past the cravings. Keeping any in your diet during this time will just perpetuate the cravings. Be strong and just get it gone. You will feel like **** for a few days as you detox it out.

I can't remember what the exact number is for creating a habit - 100 days perhaps? But it takes time and diligence to keep sugar out of your life. I still stumble now and then but fortunately my glucose monitor is there every morning to remind me that I can't do it anymore. It is destroying my pancreas

You CAN do this!!!
Old 06-28-2015, 06:37 AM

Originally Posted by torridcrafter View Post
Sugar addiction is HARD!!! You will be amazed at what contains sugAr but I can tell you first hand how toxic it is to our bodies! It will take 2 weeks of cutting out sugar to get past the cravings. Keeping any in your diet during this time will just perpetuate the cravings. Be strong and just get it gone. You will feel like **** for a few days as you detox it out.

I can't remember what the exact number is for creating a habit - 100 days perhaps? But it takes time and diligence to keep sugar out of your life. I still stumble now and then but fortunately my glucose monitor is there every morning to remind me that I can't do it anymore. It is destroying my pancreas

You CAN do this!!!
Thank you !! Oh no are you a type 1 diabetic ? I've cut a lot of carbs out of my diet (cheese, biscuits, crackers etc lucky I'm gluten intolerant so there's a lot I can't have anyway lol) in the last couple of days so baby steps!
Old 06-28-2015, 11:30 AM

Thank you !! Oh no are you a type 1 diabetic ? I've cut a lot of carbs out of my diet (cheese, biscuits, crackers etc lucky I'm gluten intolerant so there's a lot I can't have anyway lol) in the last couple of days so baby steps!

Type 2, completely diet controlled/reversed. I take my glucose levels every morning in order to keep it real. It is completely apparent in my levels if I ate something I shouldn't have.

I always try to keep it light with the waitresses when I go to a restaurant because I am such a pain in the ass. But, there is no arguing with the numbers...both on the scale, the tape measure and the glucose monitor.
Old 06-28-2015, 11:45 AM
At the end of the race they're in just the right place !!

Lizy is a glorious beacon of light Lizy is a glorious beacon of light Lizy is a glorious beacon of light Lizy is a glorious beacon of light Lizy is a glorious beacon of light
Originally Posted by torridcrafter View Post
Cut out as much sugar, white and refined foods as possible. Shop the outer edge of the grocery store.
Breads, pastas, potatos, rice. Prepackaged foods. Drink lots of water and green tea and walk!

Watch what you are drinking. That is often the biggest source of sugar/calories.
^^^^^^^ This! ^^^^^^^
This is exactly how I manage...I never work out so I watch what I eat. I cut out all sugar. It's hard, but when I did...I stopped craving it. I don't eat any carbs.........I always shop the outer edge of the market for sure!
My biggest adjustment was no cream and sugar in my coffee......it makes a huge difference for me cuz I drink lots of coffee. I agree totally with torridcrafter- once you get past the craving.....its much easier....I just cut it out systematically........
I basically eat protein and veggies....and I eat fresh fruit (which has sugar...but better than processed) during the day so I can burn it better. drink tons of water.....I also keep "Kind" bars and "Think Thin" bars on hand for snack....the think thin have no sugar. The kind bars have nuts which is a good day snack source. Celery is a great snack (i love the crunch and its basically water.....but require burning energy to process)
Since I've adopted this style of eating....it's just second nature for me.

I'm certainly no expert on nutrition and weight management...but this is how I can keep it off without going to the gym

torridcrafter likes this.

Lizy's plastic surgeon is Don R. Revis, Jr., M.D, F.A.C.S
VISIT WEBSITE
DOCTOR PROFILE
Old 06-29-2015, 09:51 AM

Oh god lizy I wish I had your control with food!! I'm doing pretty good everyone, dropped 1 1/2 kgs (probably water weight but still lol hopefully it doesn't go back up) and I've been running an hour a day 😊
Old 08-03-2015, 12:02 AM
Finally getting BA! Fall 2015

mango2014 is on a distinguished road
Ahh, I'm in the same boat as you are! Need to lose weight for upcoming BA

Having a glucose monitor def keeps it real. One night I skipped a meal but had a white peach before bed. My sugar was 104 the next morning. That day I watched what I ate, lots of water, salad, & fruit snack & I was back down to 85 the next morning. I tend to stay "overweight" on the bmi scale, but I'm generally in good health- have blood tests & check up every 6mos or so. But it is good to be conscious & consistent with what you're putting in your mouth. Having a blood pressure monitor & glucose machine are some good tools.

Tomorrow I start a 3-day green smoothie/tea detox, Lord knows my body needs it!
And then flavored water to keep up the count & healthier choices after day 3.
I'm also trying to work on some squats. I'm too broke right now to go to the gym & it's 100+ degree weather every day, so I'm staying at home & doing stuff in my room.

Any little thing helps! & you gotta start somewhere (:
Keep me updated. We can do this!

VISIT WEBSITE
DOCTOR PROFILE
Old 08-03-2015, 10:28 PM

I didn't even lose weight, I just yoloed the entire time because I worked night shifts they mess up your body so much!! We need an app or Insta page for a weight loss group lol it would be easier if I was a member so I could post progress photos etc so I'll stay more accountable for what I eat, and my exercise regime!! Now I've had my BA, POD 1 I can't work out!!!! I'm so scared I'm going to get fat. I just need to be really careful with what I eat...I just struggle with binge eating lately because I'm so stressed!!! I think I need to try hypnotherapy to stop eating lol good luck beautiful, keep me up to date with how you go x
Old 08-03-2015, 11:41 PM
Finally getting BA! Fall 2015

mango2014 is on a distinguished road
I didn't even lose weight, I just yoloed the entire time because I worked night shifts they mess up your body so much!! We need an app or Insta page for a weight loss group lol it would be easier if I was a member so I could post progress photos etc so I'll stay more accountable for what I eat, and my exercise regime!! Now I've had my BA, POD 1 I can't work out!!!! I'm so scared I'm going to get fat. I just need to be really careful with what I eat...I just struggle with binge eating lately because I'm so stressed!!! I think I need to try hypnotherapy to stop eating lol good luck beautiful, keep me up to date with how you go x
A weight loss forum would be awesome!

I didn't work out today, nor did I drink as much water as I could have /:
But I did good with the eating. (:

Thanks for your well wishes! I hope everything turns out ok.

VISIT WEBSITE
DOCTOR PROFILE
Old 08-04-2015, 12:48 AM

Because of all my endone/Valium and everything else I'm on my appetite has been non existent. I ate a couple chips from grilld because some of my tablets I need food with but it was the biggest struggle. Hopefully this stays for a while LOL.