Go Back   Just Breast Implants Forum Women's Beauty, Health, and Fitness

|
Forgot Username/Password?
Forum Home Blogs FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Women's Beauty, Health, and Fitness Use this forum to discuss beauty products, hair care, diets, fitness, etc.

Like Tree6Likes
  • 1 Post By Sweetbaby
  • 2 Post By CFboobies
  • 1 Post By Sweetbaby
  • 1 Post By hotrod808
  • 1 Post By Cleaclea

CrossFit Ladies!

Old 08-06-2015, 12:24 PM

Sweetbaby is on a distinguished road
CrossFit Ladies!

For those who have BA under the muscle and are avid crossfitters- how long did it take for you to get back into doing ring dips, butterfly pull-ups, handstand push-ups or muscle ups?

I know that I'll still have my strength and weightlifting ability but I am more concerned about regaining my gymnastics skill.

BreenaDD likes this.
Old 08-06-2015, 12:52 PM

CFboobies will become famous soon enough CFboobies will become famous soon enough
I'm only 3 months PO and cleared this week to go back to crossfit.

That being said, i've still been in a regular gym for about 5-6 weeks now and the past month went back to yoga and the past 2 weeks started working again on assisted pull ups and dips.

I'm using the machine at the gym that you add a counter weight to so you're not using all of your body weight (equivalent to using bands at the box). Right now I'm using about 80 lbs of my own body weight on pull ups and 100 lbs on dips.

Its really going to be 1) when your PS clears you for upper body work again and 2) your own body. As you're well aware from crossfit, muscle memory is better and easier to regain than new muscle so it wont take as long as it took to get the original move down but it'll feel weird for a while. I remember I did my first assisted pull up two weeks and and said "nope" and walked away from the machine lol.

BreenaDD and Pghcfgirl0124 like this.
Old 08-06-2015, 01:43 PM

Originally Posted by CFboobies View Post

That being said, i've still been in a regular gym for about 5-6 weeks now and the past month went back to yoga and the past 2 weeks started working again on assisted pull ups and dips.

I'm using the machine at the gym that you add a counter weight to so you're not using all of your body weight (equivalent to using bands at the box). Right now I'm using about 80 lbs of my own body weight on pull ups and 100 lbs on dips.

Its really going to be 1) when your PS clears you for upper body work again and 2) your own body. As you're well aware from crossfit, muscle memory is better and easier to regain than new muscle so it wont take as long as it took to get the original move down but it'll feel weird for a while. I remember I did my first assisted pull up two weeks and and said "nope" and walked away from the machine lol.
Thanks! I can't wait to get back to CF, I'm anxious to start squatting and lunging again. Haha. I'm thinking of incorporating bent over rows when I get back to lifting as it should strengthen the same muscles I need to do pull-ups

CFboobies likes this.
Old 08-06-2015, 03:00 PM
hotrod

hotrod808 is on a distinguished road
Red face Strong Woman

Originally Posted by CFboobies View Post

Good for you! I didn't feel comfortable doing push ups/dips until 2 yrs PO (I'm 5 yrs in now and still happy with mine) it just felt uncomfortable, felt like when it contracted, that it would cause muscle cramp like, but it never did - LOL. Just me being a baby. We all know our own limits right, just went with mine

CFboobies likes this.
Old 10-29-2015, 08:44 PM

rosebud1229 is on a distinguished road
Glad to see another crossfitter!

Originally Posted by Sweetbaby View Post
For those who have BA under the muscle and are avid crossfitters- how long did it take for you to get back into doing ring dips, butterfly pull-ups, handstand push-ups or muscle ups?

I know that I'll still have my strength and weightlifting ability but I am more concerned about regaining my gymnastics skill.
I can't answer your question because I haven't had mine done yet, I just wanted to say best of luck! And I'm glad to see another crossfitter on here. I feel like we both probably have a lot of the same questions. This post is a few months old, so you may even have your boobs by now. Hope your doing well.
Old 12-10-2015, 11:05 PM

Originally Posted by rosebud1229 View Post
I can't answer your question because I haven't had mine done yet, I just wanted to say best of luck! And I'm glad to see another crossfitter on here. I feel like we both probably have a lot of the same questions. This post is a few months old, so you may even have your boobs by now. Hope your doing well.
Hey there! Yes, I started doing push-ups, handstand push-ups, dips, pullups, muscle ups about 2 months post op

I'm thinking of going bigger, not sure how that would affect my gymnastics but I'm sure everything will be fine!
Old 12-11-2015, 10:16 AM

Cleaclea is on a distinguished road
My doctor was very strict about waiting three months for any kind of upperbody workouts. He even forbade mild upperbody stretching. I started again this week, and was surprised by how well it went. I can still do headstands, handstands, arm balances, push ups, sun salutations, and can still lift as much weights as before and box and swim using breast strokes too, anything without feeling painful or any sort of awkward.. Just cannot do as many repititions... Two months ago i couldn t even lift my suitcase for one second and scrubbing a pot or pan felt awkward. i am blown away by the healing capacities of the body and muscle memory.

FitDDreams likes this.
Old 01-10-2016, 03:46 PM

Pghcfgirl0124 is on a distinguished road
In good company. :)

Happy to see other crossfitters in here! I am still debating on whether or not BA is for me. In some ways i like my (practically nonexistent) "sporty" chest, but when i wear lingerie/nice dresses i look boyish and flat as a board. One of my main concerns is how long it will take to get back in action at the gym--i'm a coach/gym owner, so i hope it's not *too* long. Also don't want them to get in the way. ha!
Old 02-24-2018, 08:35 PM

KTR12 is on a distinguished road
Muscle UPS?!?!

Originally Posted by Sweetbaby View Post
Hey there! Yes, I started doing push-ups, handstand push-ups, dips, pullups, muscle ups about 2 months post op

I'm thinking of going bigger, not sure how that would affect my gymnastics but I'm sure everything will be fine!

I am jealous!! I'm 10wks PO and I cant even do a kip yet :-( I finally can hang from the bar without discomfort. But T2B nope, any kipping motion nope!