Go Back   Just Breast Implants Forum Women's Beauty, Health, and Fitness

|
Forgot Username/Password?
Forum Home Blogs FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Women's Beauty, Health, and Fitness Use this forum to discuss beauty products, hair care, diets, fitness, etc.

Like Tree2Likes
  • 1 Post By Rachel125
  • 1 Post By Rachel125

Bruise keeps coming back

Old 01-09-2016, 03:36 PM
I type what I'd say to you over highly caffeinated coffee

BooBitties is a glorious beacon of light BooBitties is a glorious beacon of light BooBitties is a glorious beacon of light BooBitties is a glorious beacon of light BooBitties is a glorious beacon of light BooBitties is a glorious beacon of light
Bruise keeps coming back

This is very strange - I have a bruise on my right wrist that keeps coming back. Long story so I'll keep it short. I was in a car wreck in 1998. I fell asleep at the wheel and flipped my car and landed wrist first into the passenger floorboard. I thought I had buckled my seatbelt, but it wasn't buckled all the way.

The ER dr ordered an x-ray and nothing was broken. Didn't really have any injuries except I had a really bad bruise on my wrist for a little over 6 months or so. Over the years, the bruise has come and gone. No triggers, I haven't whacked it on anything lately and usually had an issue with it when I was boxing (strength-wise).

It's also the same side that I lost feeling in my index finger a few years back with a pinched nerve.

It will show up sometimes once or twice a year, there were a few years that it did not show up at all. Today, the bruise is back. *sigh* It's very faint, not like a traditional bruise - it almost looks like a shadow. Compared to my other wrist, you can definitely tell that it's swollen. I was working in my shop earlier today, but I didn't do anything crazy.

Anyone ever heard of a bruise that just keeps coming back? I've looked online and cannot seem to find anything solid. I haven't decided if I want to bring this up to my regular dr or wait until I decide to handle the nerve issue - who knows when that will be. Not looking forward to that ordeal.

Last edited by BooBitties; 01-09-2016 at 03:38 PM.
Old 01-09-2016, 05:05 PM

Rachel125 is on a distinguished road
i would think that its to do with nerve damage most likely... but i would also suggest getting a CBC done to check you white cells

BooBitties likes this.
Old 01-09-2016, 05:27 PM
I type what I'd say to you over highly caffeinated coffee

BooBitties is a glorious beacon of light BooBitties is a glorious beacon of light BooBitties is a glorious beacon of light BooBitties is a glorious beacon of light BooBitties is a glorious beacon of light BooBitties is a glorious beacon of light
I never thought about a having a CBC... had one when I was pregnant and they determined that I was anemic during my pregnancy. Not a shock, my beastly boy was almost 10 pounds - he sucked the life out of me!

I'll add that to my list for my dr since he does that in-house.

Last edited by BooBitties; 01-09-2016 at 05:28 PM.
Old 01-09-2016, 05:47 PM

Rachel125 is on a distinguished road
I think it would def be a good idea to have one done!

and ya i know the feeling of gigantic babies so i feel you there!!!!

BooBitties likes this.
Old 01-09-2016, 08:00 PM
the grass IS greener on the other side!

Killer.Queen is on a distinguished road
I'm interested in knowing what you find out. I had a really hard fall onto a rock while hiking a year and 1/2 ago and I STILL have the bruise. It's more like a shadow now on my shin. Doesn't hurt at all anymore but it's just... there. This happened once before in high school when a big guy carrying another guy at a party stepped on my foot. Neither long term bruise hurt but I could never find a definitive answer online and it never bothered me enough to see a doctor.