Go Back   Just Breast Implants Forum Women's Beauty, Health, and Fitness

|
Forgot Username/Password?
Forum Home Blogs FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Women's Beauty, Health, and Fitness Use this forum to discuss beauty products, hair care, diets, fitness, etc.

Like Tree12Likes
  • 2 Post By Linaki
  • 6 Post By Jamielynn5
  • 2 Post By Cupcake85
  • 1 Post By BC A2C
  • 1 Post By Slinky

If breastfeeding can reduce the risk of obesity

Old 01-21-2016, 02:03 AM

mandyscott is on a distinguished road
If breastfeeding can reduce the risk of obesity

I am confused about the goodness and badness of breastfeeding. some told me that breastfeeding can cause sagging breast and other said this can reduce the risk of obesity. I am wondering if the breastfeeding is good or bad?

Last edited by BooBitties; 01-21-2016 at 08:06 AM.
Old 01-21-2016, 06:15 AM

Linaki is a splendid one to behold Linaki is a splendid one to behold Linaki is a splendid one to behold Linaki is a splendid one to behold Linaki is a splendid one to behold Linaki is a splendid one to behold Linaki is a splendid one to behold Linaki is a splendid one to behold
I work in weight management and breastfeeding has no bearing on whether you will be obese or not.

KayKay1206 and Bongodrums like this.

Linaki's plastic surgeon is Paul Vitenas, Jr. , M.D
VISIT WEBSITE
DOCTOR PROFILE
Old 01-21-2016, 08:33 AM

Jamielynn5 is on a distinguished road
Breastfeeding can certainly lower your risk of breast cancer.
Breastfeeding burns a lot of calories but if you're sitting on your butt eating pizza and candy all day the extra calories burned won't help you lol
Breastfeeding also has so many benefits to your baby too

Slinky, Starr, KayKay1206 and 3 others like this.
Old 01-22-2016, 11:32 PM
I <3 boobs

Cupcake85 is a jewel in the rough Cupcake85 is a jewel in the rough Cupcake85 is a jewel in the rough Cupcake85 is a jewel in the rough
Pregnancy itself not just breastfeeding can cause sagging breasts. I did not breastfeed yet still have sagging from gaining size during pregnancy.

Breastfeeding is supposed to help with losing baby weight because of burning calories but I've also heard of one lady gaining weight as breastfeeding made her hungrier than usual.

Breastfeeding is a great way to feed your baby and a good bonding experience but there's also nothing wrong with formula feeding if you can't breastfeed. I know that during night time feeds (formula) I felt so close to my daughter as it was our one on one time.

KayKay1206 and Woo like this.
Old 01-23-2016, 12:16 AM
5'1" & 125lbs

BC A2C is a splendid one to behold BC A2C is a splendid one to behold BC A2C is a splendid one to behold BC A2C is a splendid one to behold BC A2C is a splendid one to behold BC A2C is a splendid one to behold
Honestly, the only thing I've ever heard/read with regard to breastfeeding and obesity is that it may reduce the likelihood for obesity in the child themselves.

I certainly think there is some science behind that. There are certain benefits to breastfeeding that I'm sure cannot be duplicated exactly with formulas. While I totally support a woman's choice of how she feeds her baby, I think that breastfeeding is optimal. When you think back to centuries ago where breastfeeding was more prevalent due to the lack of other options, obesity was much lower. Of course there were many other factors there too, but it's fair to think there's a relation of some sort.

Like Cupcake85 said, there are health benefits to the mother as well and it can definitely assist in some weight loss post-baby. But as far as addressing obesity, I'm not too certain.

KayKay1206 likes this.
Old 01-23-2016, 10:28 AM
Enjoy life for the fullest. It has an expiration date.

Slinky has much to be proud of Slinky has much to be proud of Slinky has much to be proud of Slinky has much to be proud of Slinky has much to be proud of Slinky has much to be proud of Slinky has much to be proud of Slinky has much to be proud of Slinky has much to be proud of
Breastfeeding is not what makes your breasts sag. It's primarily due to the hormonal changes in pregnancy, and the strength and elasticity of your breast tissue and skin. There are plenty of women who've never breastfed who still have sagging breasts.

Breastfeeding does not reduce obesity. As others have said, it can be helpful in losing some of the pregnancy weight. Your body burns calories to supple milk for your baby but that can be offset by a bad diet. My personal experience with breastfeeding x 3 was that I did lose most of the baby weight fairly quickly, but those last 5 lbs just stayed with me until I weaned the boys. I always thought my body held on to that little bit of extra as a protective measure, just in case it was needed. No idea if that's the case or not, but it made me feel better about it. And once they were weaned, I lost that extra pretty quickly.

Slinky

KayKay1206 likes this.