Go Back   Just Breast Implants Forum >

|
Forgot Username/Password?
Forum Home Blogs FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Women's Beauty, Health, and Fitness Use this forum to discuss beauty products, hair care, diets, fitness, etc.

Like Tree3Likes
  • 1 Post By Cupcake.xoxo22
  • 1 Post By BarbiePink
  • 1 Post By BFH
Old 02-27-2016, 03:49 AM   #1  

Cupcake.xoxo22 is on a distinguished road

Pole dancing classes

Hey ladies I'm looking into some pole dancing exercise classes where they also do fun strip tease and burlesque stuff.. I'm only about one month post op so I know I wouldn't be able to do it yet but at what point do you think that might be okay? I know I'll have to listen to my body as well but curious if anyone has any input or does this type of stuff and can share how long you had to wait to get back to it.
Bongodrums likes this.
Cupcake.xoxo22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2016, 06:52 AM   #2  

BarbiePink will become famous soon enough
I would ask your PS what his or her thoughts are. Mine said 3 months post op until upper body exercises, yoga, etc. just to give you an idea, but definitely check with your own dr.

I think pole dancing classes would be super fun. I'd be interested in doing it, too! I think I might look into local classes for when that 12 weeks post op hits! 😊

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Bongodrums likes this.
BarbiePink is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2016, 08:36 AM   #3  

Cupcake.xoxo22 is on a distinguished road
Okay I will definitely check with my PS I'm so excited to try these classes!
Cupcake.xoxo22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-29-2016, 01:42 PM   #4  
BFH
My name is babyfromheaven and I am a bra-aholic.

Thanked 5,206 Times in 3,631 Posts
BFH has much to be proud ofBFH has much to be proud ofBFH has much to be proud ofBFH has much to be proud ofBFH has much to be proud ofBFH has much to be proud ofBFH has much to be proud ofBFH has much to be proud ofBFH has much to be proud of
This was asked on the Ask a Surgeon section on the main JBI website. Of course follow up with your surgeon, but here are the answers from 13 JBI surgeons to get you started.

http://www.justbreastimplants.com/qu...mentation-9186
Cupcake.xoxo22 likes this.
BFH is offline   Reply With Quote

BFH's plastic surgeon is Don R. Revis, Jr., M.D, F.A.C.S
VISIT WEBSITE
DOCTOR PROFILE
Old 05-31-2017, 06:03 AM   #5  

esther73 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cupcake.xoxo22 View Post
Hey ladies I'm looking into some pole dancing exercise classes where they also do fun strip tease and burlesque stuff.. I'm only about one month post op so I know I wouldn't be able to do it yet but at what point do you think that might be okay? I know I'll have to listen to my body as well but curious if anyone has any input or does this type of stuff and can share how long you had to wait to get back to it.
My pole teacher just told me I should wait like 4-5 months, that's why I am considering having it done in July as we don't have classes from mid-July to September so I would not miss so much. I think I will start with hypopressives in September (held by the same teacher), and join the pole classes from October.
esther73 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2019, 06:50 PM   #6  

Lennev has a spectacular auraLennev has a spectacular aura
As a avid poler myself, wait a MINIMUM of 3 months after BA before doing any inverts or other weight bearing pole tricks. If itís a beginners class, chances are itís a lot of floor work, off pole dancing, and easy stuff anyway, but still. Theyíll likely start teaching basic pole climbs in beginners classes too which is most definitely risky immediately following a BA. Just wait. You wanna be able learn this stuff when you donít have to be cautious and you can properly use and train your muscles anyway. Some doctors will say itís safe to pole after 4 weeks. I think thatís absolutely insane and I believe those doctors donít fully understand how much total body strength Pole-work actually requires. Pole is amazing. I love it and I recommend it to everyone, but definitely wait 3-5 months after BA. If you have overs, my advice would be more like 6 weeks.

NOTE: I know this is a older post but I wanted to share my thoughts for future readers. Hope this helps!!
Lennev is offline   Reply With Quote
03-24-2019 08:17 AM
Paid Advertisement