Go Back   Just Breast Implants Forum Women's Beauty, Health, and Fitness

|
Forgot Username/Password?
Forum Home Blogs FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Women's Beauty, Health, and Fitness Use this forum to discuss beauty products, hair care, diets, fitness, etc.

Like Tree8Likes
  • 3 Post By grnsubmarine
  • 1 Post By Linaki
  • 1 Post By LovelyGoddess
  • 1 Post By grnsubmarine
  • 2 Post By grnsubmarine

Bunion surgery

Old 06-18-2016, 08:19 AM

Ts Boobies is on a distinguished road
Bunion surgery

Hi everyone, I had bunion surgery recently and was wondering what anyone else's experience was like?

I had a Austin bunionectomy procedure.

Thx in Advance,
T
Old 08-30-2016, 10:56 AM

grnsubmarine is on a distinguished road
I had mine last summer, along with a hammer toe correction. I'm still sore now and then, and the flexibility sucks (can barely bend enough to wear heels and doesn't really curl under at all) but over all I am so glad I did it because for me the pain was unbearable before. I've learned to wear shoes that fit me (rather than squeezing into a size smaller like an idiot) and I feel so much better.

joyful, Linaki and Bongodrums like this.
The Following User Says Thank You to grnsubmarine For This Useful Post:
Old 08-30-2016, 12:20 PM

Linaki is a splendid one to behold Linaki is a splendid one to behold Linaki is a splendid one to behold Linaki is a splendid one to behold Linaki is a splendid one to behold Linaki is a splendid one to behold Linaki is a splendid one to behold Linaki is a splendid one to behold
I haven't had bunion surgery but I've had 8 other surgeries on my feet. Midfoot fusions and toes shortened. I have plates and screws throughout my feet. It's always taken me a full year before my feet stopped swelling and I felt like I was completely healed.

Bongodrums likes this.

Linaki's plastic surgeon is Paul Vitenas, Jr. , M.D
VISIT WEBSITE
DOCTOR PROFILE
Old 09-07-2016, 09:47 PM

LovelyGoddess is on a distinguished road
I've had surgery on two toes (hammertoe) and it does take a long time to heal. We carry all our weight on these guys. My mother has the worst bunions I have ever seen on anyone, ever, and she is too afraid of surgery to get it done. I can see that mine are getting worse, and that they are sore every day. I can't do the surgery during the school year, but I am probably going to have to see the orthopedic surgeon soon.
I have seen the future of these feet, and it's scary!!
Did you do both feet at the same time?

Bongodrums likes this.
Old 09-07-2016, 09:59 PM

Bongodrums will become famous soon enough Bongodrums will become famous soon enough
Originally Posted by LovelyGoddess View Post
I've had surgery on two toes (hammertoe) and it does take a long time to heal. We carry all our weight on these guys. My mother has the worst bunions I have ever seen on anyone, ever, and she is too afraid of surgery to get it done. I can see that mine are getting worse, and that they are sore every day. I can't do the surgery during the school year, but I am probably going to have to see the orthopedic surgeon soon.
I've seen the future of my feet too, and YIKES! My grandmother had the surgery. I can't imagine going through with it until my kids are older and I'm no longer chasing them all over creation. I've known since middle school that I'll need the surgery someday. You ladies are very brave who have already gone through with it; thanks for sharing your experiences, very helpful!! Good luck to you, Ts Boobies, and please keep us posted on your recovery, babe!

[Subscribing]
Old 09-08-2016, 12:36 AM

I thankfully only had it on one foot so I didn't need to do both at all. I can see why some people choose to do both at once (recovery time is LONG.. I was in a boot for almost 2 months) but it can be pretty debilitating to have both feet in boots. No driving, moving is difficult, and is painful!

LovelyGoddess likes this.
Old 09-08-2016, 09:24 PM

LovelyGoddess is on a distinguished road
2 months! Oh man! I have two little ones (2 and 4). There will be no surgery till they are way older! Ugh!
Old 09-08-2016, 10:39 PM

2 months! Oh man! I have two little ones (2 and 4). There will be no surgery till they are way older! Ugh!
Yes! It was rough. And it was my right foot so I couldn't drive. I was stuck in the house and at the Mercy of my mom, SO, and friends to do anything! I was miserable. But I am so glad I did it now that it's over

Linaki and LovelyGoddess like this.
Old 09-09-2016, 08:23 AM

Linaki is a splendid one to behold Linaki is a splendid one to behold Linaki is a splendid one to behold Linaki is a splendid one to behold Linaki is a splendid one to behold Linaki is a splendid one to behold Linaki is a splendid one to behold Linaki is a splendid one to behold
Originally Posted by grnsubmarine View Post
Yes! It was rough. And it was my right foot so I couldn't drive. I was stuck in the house and at the Mercy of my mom, SO, and friends to do anything! I was miserable. But I am so glad I did it now that it's over
I've always gotten a knee scooter and was back at work the second week. I used crutches each of the 6 weeks I was in a cast and non weight-bearing. Great way to lose weight and build your arms. I was burning calories like crazy on those crutches. I used the knee scooter at work and left it there during the week.

I did not have young kids at home for any of my surgeries.

Linaki's plastic surgeon is Paul Vitenas, Jr. , M.D
VISIT WEBSITE
DOCTOR PROFILE
Old 09-23-2016, 06:15 PM

Wow. Ty u all for your experiences. Sorry I haven't responded in awhile. I had both feet done and it has been an adventure of recovery. So far no driving.
Old 09-23-2016, 06:16 PM

Originally Posted by grnsubmarine View Post
I am still not able to drive. I was not officially cleared to. But when I try it hurts. I had both feet done. And drive manual.
Old 09-23-2016, 06:18 PM

Originally Posted by Linaki View Post
I haven't had bunion surgery but I've had 8 other surgeries on my feet. Midfoot fusions and toes shortened. I have plates and screws throughout my feet. It's always taken me a full year before my feet stopped swelling and I felt like I was completely healed.
I hope my feet stop with swelling. They have been much better. But once and a while they blow up. But I need to get back to work but standing for hrs on my feet will b a hard challenge