Go Back   Just Breast Implants Forum Women's Beauty, Health, and Fitness

|
Forgot Username/Password?
Forum Home Blogs FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Women's Beauty, Health, and Fitness Use this forum to discuss beauty products, hair care, diets, fitness, etc.

Like Tree6Likes
  • 2 Post By Jaya_Rene
  • 2 Post By Jaya_Rene
  • 2 Post By KayKay1206

Brown spot treatments

Old 01-04-2017, 07:22 PM

Mudd331 is on a distinguished road
Brown spot treatments

I've noticed some sun damage surfacing on my face and was wondering if anyone has ever had treatment on brown spots? Ive watch some youtube videos on different types of laser treatments like an IPL but scared it could do more damage then good. Also Wondering if doing peels, microdermabrasion etc could have btought this sun damage to surface sooner then it should. Im only 35, but i do live in Florida. Any advice or recommendations would be appreciated.
Old 01-04-2017, 08:26 PM

Jaya_Rene is on a distinguished road
I worked at a laser skin care clinic for a few years.

Go with IPL. You will get the best results with the least risk to your skin. BUT, you absolutely MUST be honest about if you have had any sun exposure within the past few weeks, and you MUST follow instructions about limiting sun exposure immediately after. If you are a compliant patient, IPL is extremely effective and very low risk. Your sun spots will darken up then just flake off one day in the shower. It is pretty amazing, actually. We had the Fotofacial variety of IPL, and I can honestly say that our patients got great results. If you can find a clinic that has the Fotofacial, specifically, go there. Again, just be honest and compliant about the sun exposure/ sun tan thing. That is what gets people in trouble with it!

BooBitties and body*electric like this.
Old 01-05-2017, 04:04 PM

Old 01-05-2017, 04:05 PM

Originally Posted by Jaya_Rene View Post
I worked at a laser skin care clinic for a few years.

Go with IPL. You will get the best results with the least risk to your skin. BUT, you absolutely MUST be honest about if you have had any sun exposure within the past few weeks, and you MUST follow instructions about limiting sun exposure immediately after. If you are a compliant patient, IPL is extremely effective and very low risk. Your sun spots will darken up then just flake off one day in the shower. It is pretty amazing, actually. We had the Fotofacial variety of IPL, and I can honestly say that our patients got great results. If you can find a clinic that has the Fotofacial, specifically, go there. Again, just be honest and compliant about the sun exposure/ sun tan thing. That is what gets people in trouble with it!
Do you recommend going to a dermatologist or a med spa type place? What specific machine (brand and laser strenght) did you use for great results? What is the down time? Is multiple treatments usual recommended? Can the spots resurface? Sorry for so many questions, just glad some has knowledge with the IPL laser.
Old 01-05-2017, 04:27 PM

Jaya_Rene is on a distinguished road
Do you recommend going to a dermatologist or a med spa type place?

Either. The one I worked at would have been considered more of a med spa, but we had a doctor on staff and only used RN's, so we actually fell kind of in between a doctor's office and your everyday medpsa. To be honest, the machines really aren't difficult to use, so it isn't like you are taking a risk if it isn't being done by a dermatologist.

What specific machine (brand and laser strength) did you use for great results?
I know that we had Cutera brand machines, and I think we also had a BBL, but I'm not positive about that. We had looked into getting Limelight fotofacial at one point, but I honestly don't remember why we didn't (it may just have been budget, we were a small clinic). But I know that we were looking at it because it had great reviews and provided consistent results. I can't speak to anything about laser strengths, because what strength will work best for you depends on your skin. There are a few different settings on the machine that you can adjust based on the color and tone of the skin and the darkness and depth of the spots.

What is the down time?
None. It feels like being snapped with a rubber band, but doesn't really leave any residual soreness. You will be restricted about not going out in the sun for a few days after, but we would have ladies come in and have a treatment over their lunch break and go back to work. You might get a bit red, but even that isn't usually too bad. If you get it on your face, we would always advise that you not reapply any facial makeup that day (you could do mascara and lipstick, but no foundation, blush, etc).

Is multiple treatments usual recommended?
It just depends on how dark and deep the spots are. I had a big sunspot on the back of one of my hands that looked like a birthmark, and it came off after the first treatment. Usually, though, if you have lots of them or if you have significantly uneven skin pigment, we would recommend that you planned on 3-5 treatments.

Can the spots resurface?
Oh yes. If you are prone to sunspots and freckling and uneven pigmentation, you will continue to get that. The laser won't change the fact that your skin is predisposed to that type of issue, it will just remove the places where it has already come up. The best prevention after you get them treated is consistent sunscreen use.

BooBitties and Mudd331 like this.
Old 01-05-2017, 05:43 PM

Thank you for your detailed answers. I definitely feel more confident about getting laser treatments done. I had watched a few youtube videos and they were mixed results and i also googled some before/after pictures which scared me, but i know those pictures aren't usually true results or they've been photo shopped or even a worse cause. I want fast results and dont want to wait months or even years on using creams.
Old 01-06-2017, 07:03 AM
JBI's Recovery Freak of Nature.

KayKay1206 is a splendid one to behold KayKay1206 is a splendid one to behold KayKay1206 is a splendid one to behold KayKay1206 is a splendid one to behold KayKay1206 is a splendid one to behold KayKay1206 is a splendid one to behold KayKay1206 is a splendid one to behold
Rodan+Fields Reverse Regimen! R+F products are really amazing! i have had AMAZING results from it! ive used the Unblemish regimen, and im now combining the Reverse regimen for the dark spots and the difference is unbelievable! ive never been happier with my skin!

body*electric and Mudd331 like this.