Go Back   Just Breast Implants Forum Women's Beauty, Health, and Fitness

|
Forgot Username/Password?
Forum Home Blogs FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Women's Beauty, Health, and Fitness Use this forum to discuss beauty products, hair care, diets, fitness, etc.

Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By Mdlg1955

Need snack ideas!

Old 04-27-2017, 04:46 PM

CNL2317 is on a distinguished road
Need snack ideas!

I knew it would but this 6-8 week break from working out is making me feel so sloppy. I am trying to watch what I eat (without going overboard) but I am running out of ideas... can anyone share their healthy portable snacks they take to work?
I eat a good breakfast but I am normally peckish by 11:30 and then again by 4:30 (some days I work until 10 pm. I take dinner with me but I like a snack around 5). Any ideas??? High in protein/fiber and low in sugar would be ideal.
Old 04-28-2017, 03:33 PM

Mdlg1955 will become famous soon enough
Originally Posted by CNL2317 View Post
I knew it would but this 6-8 week break from working out is making me feel so sloppy. I am trying to watch what I eat (without going overboard) but I am running out of ideas... can anyone share their healthy portable snacks they take to work?
I eat a good breakfast but I am normally peckish by 11:30 and then again by 4:30 (some days I work until 10 pm. I take dinner with me but I like a snack around 5). Any ideas??? High in protein/fiber and low in sugar would be ideal.
How about protein bars? Costco's Kirkland brand (chocolate chip/chocolate brownie variety pack) is one of my favorites. They also appear to be healthier (not a huge list of strange undecipherable ingredients) that you see with most other protein bars. They're very low-carb (3 net carbs), high fiber (13 grams) with 21 g of protein. They're also sweetened with two of the healthiest low-carb sweetners (stevia and erythritol which is a natural sugar alcohol) available. And most importantly they taste great although a little on the chewy/firm side, which I like.

body*electric likes this.
Old 04-28-2017, 03:39 PM

Originally Posted by Mdlg1955 View Post
How about protein bars? Costco's Kirkland brand (chocolate chip/chocolate brownie variety pack) is one of my favorites. They also appear to be healthier (not a huge list of strange undecipherable ingredients) that you see with most other protein bars. They're very low-carb (3 net carbs), high fiber (13 grams) with 21 g of protein. They're also sweetened with two of the healthiest low-carb sweetners (stevia and erythritol which is a natural sugar alcohol) available. And most importantly they taste great although a little on the chewy/firm side, which I like.
I wish. I don't live in the US and don't have Costco. Groceries are so expensive where I am that ready made protein bars are a luxury item. BUT I did make my own the other day with some hemp protein and they turned out. Thanks for giving it some thought. I have been brainstorming about Greek yogurt dips but haven't found any I like. The search continues...
Old 04-28-2017, 04:01 PM

Mdlg1955 will become famous soon enough
Originally Posted by CNL2317 View Post
I wish. I don't live in the US and don't have Costco. Groceries are so expensive where I am that ready made protein bars are a luxury item. BUT I did make my own the other day with some hemp protein and they turned out. Thanks for giving it some thought. I have been brainstorming about Greek yogurt dips but haven't found any I like. The search continues...
How about nuts? They're packed with protein and are low-carb. FYI, in case you're not aware walnuts and pistachios are considered to be lower in calories than other types of nuts.
Old 04-28-2017, 04:43 PM

That's a good idea. I might experiment with making some nut clusters or something. I like to spend time in the kitchen so it might be fun.
Old 04-30-2017, 02:24 PM
Enjoy life for the fullest. It has an expiration date.

Slinky has much to be proud of Slinky has much to be proud of Slinky has much to be proud of Slinky has much to be proud of Slinky has much to be proud of Slinky has much to be proud of Slinky has much to be proud of Slinky has much to be proud of Slinky has much to be proud of
I make a very simple apple dip with plain, no-fat Greek yogurt. Approximately 1/2 cup Greek yogurt, 1/4 tsp cinnamon, and 1 tsp vanilla extract. I don't actually measure, but I think that's close. You can add a little honey if you like more sweetness, but the vanilla gives it a sweet flavor without any real sweetener, I think. Cut up apple into slices and dip into yogurt. Yum! I imagine other fruit would taste good, too. For some reason, I just use it with apples.

Slinky
Old 04-30-2017, 03:22 PM

That actually sounds yummy! Thank you. I will try that
Old 04-30-2017, 06:29 PM

Wowsers123 is on a distinguished road
a cup of non-fat greek yogurt with strawberries
slices of turkey with a bit of low fat cheese
I sometimes make turkey breast meatballs and will eat 2-3 small ones as a snack
Smoked salmon with capers and lime
Slices of tomatoes with mozzarella
1 to 2 tablespoon of hummus with 3/4 of wholewheat pita... Or carrots or veggies
1 to 2 tablespoons of guacamole with 5 chips (only 5 chips) or carrots or veggies
The Following User Says Thank You to Wowsers123 For This Useful Post:
Old 05-01-2017, 01:28 PM

enitsirk is on a distinguished road
Instead of chips, I get those crunchy seaweed snacks from Asian/Korean groceries. They're less "sinful". If you have a sweet tooth, switch to dark chocolates or sugar free candies!

Agree with the previous comments, yogurt is a favorite of mine too!
The Following User Says Thank You to enitsirk For This Useful Post: