Go Back   Just Breast Implants Forum Women's Beauty, Health, and Fitness
 
|
Forgot Username/Password?
Forum Home Blogs FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts Mark Forums Read


Women's Beauty, Health, and Fitness Use this forum to discuss beauty products, hair care, diets, fitness, etc.


Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By Mdlg1955

Need snack ideas!

Old 04-27-2017, 04:46 PM
  #1  
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Sep 2016
Posts: 232
CNL2317 is on a distinguished road
Need snack ideas!

I knew it would but this 6-8 week break from working out is making me feel so sloppy. I am trying to watch what I eat (without going overboard) but I am running out of ideas... can anyone share their healthy portable snacks they take to work?
I eat a good breakfast but I am normally peckish by 11:30 and then again by 4:30 (some days I work until 10 pm. I take dinner with me but I like a snack around 5). Any ideas??? High in protein/fiber and low in sugar would be ideal.
CNL2317 is offline  
Old 04-28-2017, 03:33 PM
  #2  
 
Join Date: Jun 2016
Location: Florida
Posts: 271
Mdlg1955 will become famous soon enough
Originally Posted by CNL2317 View Post
I knew it would but this 6-8 week break from working out is making me feel so sloppy. I am trying to watch what I eat (without going overboard) but I am running out of ideas... can anyone share their healthy portable snacks they take to work?
I eat a good breakfast but I am normally peckish by 11:30 and then again by 4:30 (some days I work until 10 pm. I take dinner with me but I like a snack around 5). Any ideas??? High in protein/fiber and low in sugar would be ideal.
How about protein bars? Costco's Kirkland brand (chocolate chip/chocolate brownie variety pack) is one of my favorites. They also appear to be healthier (not a huge list of strange undecipherable ingredients) that you see with most other protein bars. They're very low-carb (3 net carbs), high fiber (13 grams) with 21 g of protein. They're also sweetened with two of the healthiest low-carb sweetners (stevia and erythritol which is a natural sugar alcohol) available. And most importantly they taste great although a little on the chewy/firm side, which I like.

body*electric likes this.
Mdlg1955 is offline  
Old 04-28-2017, 03:39 PM
  #3  
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Sep 2016
Posts: 232
CNL2317 is on a distinguished road
Originally Posted by Mdlg1955 View Post
How about protein bars? Costco's Kirkland brand (chocolate chip/chocolate brownie variety pack) is one of my favorites. They also appear to be healthier (not a huge list of strange undecipherable ingredients) that you see with most other protein bars. They're very low-carb (3 net carbs), high fiber (13 grams) with 21 g of protein. They're also sweetened with two of the healthiest low-carb sweetners (stevia and erythritol which is a natural sugar alcohol) available. And most importantly they taste great although a little on the chewy/firm side, which I like.
I wish. I don't live in the US and don't have Costco. Groceries are so expensive where I am that ready made protein bars are a luxury item. BUT I did make my own the other day with some hemp protein and they turned out. Thanks for giving it some thought. I have been brainstorming about Greek yogurt dips but haven't found any I like. The search continues...
CNL2317 is offline  
Old 04-28-2017, 04:01 PM
  #4  
 
Join Date: Jun 2016
Location: Florida
Posts: 271
Mdlg1955 will become famous soon enough
Originally Posted by CNL2317 View Post
I wish. I don't live in the US and don't have Costco. Groceries are so expensive where I am that ready made protein bars are a luxury item. BUT I did make my own the other day with some hemp protein and they turned out. Thanks for giving it some thought. I have been brainstorming about Greek yogurt dips but haven't found any I like. The search continues...
How about nuts? They're packed with protein and are low-carb. FYI, in case you're not aware walnuts and pistachios are considered to be lower in calories than other types of nuts.
Mdlg1955 is offline  
Old 04-28-2017, 04:43 PM
  #5  
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Sep 2016
Posts: 232
CNL2317 is on a distinguished road
That's a good idea. I might experiment with making some nut clusters or something. I like to spend time in the kitchen so it might be fun.
CNL2317 is offline  
Old 04-30-2017, 02:24 PM
  #6  
Enjoy life for the fullest. It has an expiration date.
 
Slinky's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: Middle of the USA
Posts: 6,415
Slinky has much to be proud of Slinky has much to be proud of Slinky has much to be proud of Slinky has much to be proud of Slinky has much to be proud of Slinky has much to be proud of Slinky has much to be proud of Slinky has much to be proud of Slinky has much to be proud of
I make a very simple apple dip with plain, no-fat Greek yogurt. Approximately 1/2 cup Greek yogurt, 1/4 tsp cinnamon, and 1 tsp vanilla extract. I don't actually measure, but I think that's close. You can add a little honey if you like more sweetness, but the vanilla gives it a sweet flavor without any real sweetener, I think. Cut up apple into slices and dip into yogurt. Yum! I imagine other fruit would taste good, too. For some reason, I just use it with apples.

Slinky
Slinky is offline  
Old 04-30-2017, 03:22 PM
  #7  
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Sep 2016
Posts: 232
CNL2317 is on a distinguished road
That actually sounds yummy! Thank you. I will try that
CNL2317 is offline  
Old 04-30-2017, 06:29 PM
  #8  
 
Join Date: Jan 2017
Location: Miami, Florida
Posts: 58
Wowsers123 is on a distinguished road
a cup of non-fat greek yogurt with strawberries
slices of turkey with a bit of low fat cheese
I sometimes make turkey breast meatballs and will eat 2-3 small ones as a snack
Smoked salmon with capers and lime
Slices of tomatoes with mozzarella
1 to 2 tablespoon of hummus with 3/4 of wholewheat pita... Or carrots or veggies
1 to 2 tablespoons of guacamole with 5 chips (only 5 chips) or carrots or veggies
Wowsers123 is offline  
The Following User Says Thank You to Wowsers123 For This Useful Post:
Old 05-01-2017, 01:28 PM
  #9  
 
enitsirk's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2017
Posts: 61
enitsirk is on a distinguished road
Instead of chips, I get those crunchy seaweed snacks from Asian/Korean groceries. They're less "sinful". If you have a sweet tooth, switch to dark chocolates or sugar free candies!

Agree with the previous comments, yogurt is a favorite of mine too!
enitsirk is offline  
The Following User Says Thank You to enitsirk For This Useful Post:

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off