Go Back   Just Breast Implants Forum Women's Beauty, Health, and Fitness

|
Forgot Username/Password?
Forum Home Blogs FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Women's Beauty, Health, and Fitness Use this forum to discuss beauty products, hair care, diets, fitness, etc.

Like Tree16Likes
  • 1 Post By Rachyroo
  • 3 Post By Moxxy
  • 3 Post By jw2b
  • 1 Post By littlelizzie
  • 2 Post By PettyThief
  • 1 Post By PaynePill
  • 1 Post By Rachyroo
  • 1 Post By littlelizzie
  • 1 Post By Wowsers123
  • 2 Post By littlelizzie

Scared I'm going to gain weight due to lack of exercise

Old 08-05-2017, 04:33 AM

Rachyroo is on a distinguished road
Unhappy Scared I'm going to gain weight due to lack of exercise

Hey lovely ladies

I'm really starting to stress myself out that after my BA on the 14th Aug I'm going to gain weight and lose my muclscle definition. I currently do 6 or 7 classes weekly including spinning, kettlebells, body pump and boxfit, six weeks off is going to really be hard for me as I really love doing my classes. I hope I don't get low and feel down due to lack of exercise, I must keep telling myself that my new boobs will be worth it.

Any advice or experience you can share, would be greatly appreciated xx

Many thanks Rachel xx

Alleycat336 likes this.
Old 08-05-2017, 08:32 AM

Moxxy will become famous soon enough
Dang, girl, I wish I worked out half as much! Haha

But don't fret. Many many women involved in fitness have undergone the same procedure. Do your best to keep a clean diet. You'll be able to start back slowly just a few weeks post op (starting with lower body only). The only thing you won't be able to do full force for a while is chest since you are going under the muscle.
Old 08-05-2017, 08:58 AM

jw2b will become famous soon enough
Originally Posted by Rachyroo View Post
Hey lovely ladies

I'm really starting to stress myself out that after my BA on the 14th Aug I'm going to gain weight and lose my muclscle definition. I currently do 6 or 7 classes weekly including spinning, kettlebells, body pump and boxfit, six weeks off is going to really be hard for me as I really love doing my classes. I hope I don't get low and feel down due to lack of exercise, I must keep telling myself that my new boobs will be worth it.

Any advice or experience you can share, would be greatly appreciated xx

Many thanks Rachel xx
I can 100% relate. I couldn't imagine taking the time off and had even covertly planned to sneak stuff in after. I ended up taking 3 weeks off (I had unders and a crescent lift), and yeah I'm not as tight as I was before, but actual weight gain once the swelling went away? Maybe 2 lbs? Max. I still fit in the same clothes and within a week back, had my abs back. I think more than anything it'll depend on how well you keep your protein up (to preserve muscle) and how much muscle maturity you have. Remember that your metabolic rate picks up a fair amount following surgery as your body works to heal itself.

Also, whenever I felt down, I looked at my boobs. It was 100% worth it.
Old 08-05-2017, 09:15 AM
Got good mileage out of 175cc!

littlelizzie will become famous soon enough littlelizzie will become famous soon enough
I have been climbing the walls a bit with this myself! I don't work out anywhere near as much as you do, but I love yoga and I really miss it. I consider a combination of that, and doing household chores, to be my exercise.

Is your PS super strict on you not doing ANY exercise for 6 weeks? Mine said I can do lower-body exercise/cardio 3 weeks post-op, and between 4-6 weeks I can incorporate upper body (but he will clear me to do it at the time). Maybe ask if there is something you can do before 6 weeks..?

Week one I wasn't really up for much, but I did make sure to walk about the house every hour or two for the first few days. After that, I've taken every opportunity to get out and about and go for walks.

You probably will lose some definition, but muscle memory is strong and it won't take long to pick up where you left off

IDK if you eat more calories to account for the exercise normally, but after the initial healing period, you might want to watch what you eat if you're worried about putting on weight.. Probably only really relevant if you're using things like protein shakes, rather than just eating a healthy diet.

It'll be worth it for the boobies, trust me x

Rachyroo likes this.
Old 08-05-2017, 09:49 AM

PettyThief is on a distinguished road
I am all your worst fears come true – and it's not so bad! I was super active before (BJJ, HIIT and yoga) and in the six weeks since my surgery I've gained a little under 6 lbs. But I'm also healing up beautifully (probably for listening to my body and eating what I've needed to) and feeling motivated to get this weight off asap. My clothes fit me the same, my measurements are roughly the same (except, of course, these shiny new boobs!) and I still feel strong. I think the nice thing about starting off with a strong, toned body is that even if you do gain a few pounds, your body knows how to distribute it and, like littlelizzie said, muscle memory will see you bounce back in no time.

I have a consultation with my PS on Tuesday and then I should be cleared for most activity again (except maybe BJJ for a few more weeks) - I'll let you know how the bouncing back is going, since I'm sure I'll be able to set your mind at ease.

littlelizzie and Rachyroo like this.
Old 08-05-2017, 11:01 AM

PaynePill will become famous soon enough
I did treadmill on the highest incline at about 3.5-4.0 speed. It was awesome and no stress on my boobies 😉 I just picked a show I liked and suffered for an hour.

Rachyroo likes this.
Old 08-05-2017, 05:18 PM

Rachyroo is on a distinguished road
Thank you so much for all your great replies. It's good to hear how you have all coped and is lovely to read all your information. I have another consultation on 10th Aug so I am going to clarify with my PS what he recommends post surgery exercise wise. I know I'll have to get out if the house or I'll get cabin fever so plan to do lots of walking when I feel up to it. The thought of having better boobs will hopefully get me through. Still unsure of size as don't want them too big that they affect my exercise. I keep trying on the rice bags I made and the 350cc seem huge to me, let alone 400cc that my PS said I could go up to xx

littlelizzie likes this.
Old 08-05-2017, 09:25 PM

littlelizzie will become famous soon enough littlelizzie will become famous soon enough
Originally Posted by Rachyroo View Post
Thank you so much for all your great replies. It's good to hear how you have all coped and is lovely to read all your information. I have another consultation on 10th Aug so I am going to clarify with my PS what he recommends post surgery exercise wise. I know I'll have to get out if the house or I'll get cabin fever so plan to do lots of walking when I feel up to it. The thought of having better boobs will hopefully get me through. Still unsure of size as don't want them too big that they affect my exercise. I keep trying on the rice bags I made and the 350cc seem huge to me, let alone 400cc that my PS said I could go up to xx
When I told my PS I didn't want my implants getting in the way of yoga, he said they wouldn't, because we were staying within my BWD so I don't have side boob (well, any more than I did pre-op).. I'd definitely labour that point to your PS too.. the two things I kept repeating to my PS were 'I want a natural looking result' and 'I'm active, I don't want them getting in the way'... lol. I think he got it!

Good luck on the 10th - let us know what your PS says! You certainly don't have to max out your measurements, unless you have a lot of loose skin to fill.

Rachyroo likes this.
Old 08-06-2017, 06:15 PM

Wowsers123 is on a distinguished road
I didn't gain any extra weight....

You can still do the elliptical and stairs.... My PS told me to go crazy doing stairs if wanted to.....

Rachyroo likes this.
Old 08-07-2017, 01:39 AM

Originally Posted by Wowsers123 View Post
You can still do the elliptical and stairs.... My PS told me to go crazy doing stairs if wanted to.....
You'll need to check this with your own PS, Rachyroo.. they all have different rules.

Raising your heart rate and blood pressure in the first few weeks can potentially cause complications.

Only do what your PS tells you

Linaki and Rachyroo like this.
Old 08-10-2017, 09:33 PM

Jabdallas is on a distinguished road
Originally Posted by littlelizzie View Post
You'll need to check this with your own PS, Rachyroo.. they all have different rules.

Raising your heart rate and blood pressure in the first few weeks can potentially cause complications.

Only do what your PS tells you
My PS said nada for 6 weeks it's probably the only thing I'm worried about. My po is next week. Hoping for some clarification of what constitutes a "high" heart rate and what would be considered lengthy walking on an elliptical. It's 100* in TX 😊