Go Back   Just Breast Implants Forum Women's Beauty, Health, and Fitness

|
Forgot Username/Password?
Forum Home Blogs FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Women's Beauty, Health, and Fitness Use this forum to discuss beauty products, hair care, diets, fitness, etc.

Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By BooBitties

Best birth control

Old 12-16-2017, 12:33 PM

crazycatlady4 is on a distinguished road
Best birth control

Sorry if some of this is graphic...

I am getting out of a 3 1/2 year relationship where our type of birth control was the ďPO methodĒ I donít blame on sleeping around or anything like that, but I do want to get on a better form of birth control. I was looking into a non hormonal IUD but I have a history of cervicitis and BV and idk if that is the best option for me. Maybe pills? I havenít thought about this in so long...I need help lol
Old 12-16-2017, 02:26 PM
I type what I'd say to you over highly caffeinated coffee

BooBitties is a glorious beacon of light BooBitties is a glorious beacon of light BooBitties is a glorious beacon of light BooBitties is a glorious beacon of light BooBitties is a glorious beacon of light BooBitties is a glorious beacon of light
BC pills made me so sick. It was like I was pregnant every day, vomiting within hours of taking it and I gained a lot of weight rapidly. It works for many and that's great, but BC pills and I did not get along!

I've been on the Mirena IUD for the last 8 years. It's been great so far and I'm on my second one. Should that fail, my husband and I have a back up - a vasectomy. Even though he's been neutered (lol), I'm sticking with the IUD. I had HORRIBLE periods before the IUD. I would spend days in bed, buckled over in total pain.

crazycatlady4 likes this.

Last edited by BooBitties; 12-16-2017 at 05:05 PM.
Old 12-16-2017, 10:40 PM
JBI's Recovery Freak of Nature.

KayKay1206 is a splendid one to behold KayKay1206 is a splendid one to behold KayKay1206 is a splendid one to behold KayKay1206 is a splendid one to behold KayKay1206 is a splendid one to behold KayKay1206 is a splendid one to behold KayKay1206 is a splendid one to behold
Ive been on the Depo shot for 12yrs. Absolutely love it! I havent had a period or PMS in those 12yrs! I was a lucky one that didnt have the side effects of weight gain and crazy bleeding after starting it
Old 12-17-2017, 05:07 PM

ohiomommy is on a distinguished road
Iíve had the Modena IUD since 2015, was on birth control pills prior to that. I lost weight after the mirena was in a couple months which was nice. Plus my periods and irregular bleeding all went away after 6 months of the mirena.
Old 12-17-2017, 08:25 PM

TheRedOrchid is on a distinguished road
Everything that altered my hormones gave me horrible reactions in one way or another. So I tried the copper IUD and while it did work and didnít cause any major reactions, it increased my flow from 3 light days to 8 heavy days and gave me painful cramps. Iíve never had cramps with my period ever. But Iíve heard good things about the copper non-hormonal IUD for most other people. It does hurt being put in and taken out. Now my bf has a vasectomy so I donít have to be on anything! Thank goodness!!!!

Good luck in your search.

Red

VISIT WEBSITE
DOCTOR PROFILE
Old 12-17-2017, 09:12 PM

Asiatique is on a distinguished road
Copper IUD here.

I tried Ortha Evra ("the patch") which I had loved, but stopped b/c I falsely convinced myself it was making me gain weight at the moment. I was extremely skinny at that point in my life, and was basically just growing up into my mid - late twenties.

Copper IUD is easy- no need to worry, and I'd probably do it all over again, but just like user @TheRedOrchid, it like doubled my period From 4 light days (and being irregular), to like 8 - 10 days!!!! (Spotting for a few days before, ramping up gradually, then quite heavily for 2 or 3, then ramping down). There have been times where I spotted up to 5 days or so, and THEN the real thing would start! Eugh!!

I had intense cramps for the first several months, which was entirely manageable by Advil/Ibuprofen. Now I only get the cramps a few times a year. I'm about 7 or 8 years in on the Paragard IUD.
Old 12-17-2017, 10:42 PM

PettyThief is on a distinguished road
I'm on my second Mirena IUD and recommend it to most of my friends. Before that I felt like I had tried every pill in existence, the patch... everything had some undesirable side effect except the Mirena, and I loved the fact that with my first one my periods (which had been very, very heavy) disappeared completely. This time around my periods are back, but they're light enough that I can get away with sometimes not even needing to use tampons. This all said, your history of BV does make me wonder if it would be a good choice. Before the Mirena I'd never had BV before and lately I seem to get it at least once a year and the Mirena is known for increasing your risk.