Go Back   Just Breast Implants Forum Women's Beauty, Health, and Fitness

|
Forgot Username/Password?
Forum Home Blogs FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Women's Beauty, Health, and Fitness Use this forum to discuss beauty products, hair care, diets, fitness, etc.

Like Tree2Likes
  • 1 Post By KayKay1206
  • 1 Post By Slinky

How did your workouts change after breast augmentation?

Old 01-16-2018, 09:11 AM

GiveMeDs is on a distinguished road
How did your workouts change after breast augmentation?

I am having a revision in 9 days due to lateral displacement and bottoming out. I started working out 6 weeks after surgery. What kind of workouts do you girls do after surgery and when did you start? I love heavy weightlifting. What exercises do you girls avoid now? I dont want this lateral displacement to happen again in the future. How long should I wait to workout? Im thinking 8 weeks this time for any upper body. Did you gain any weight post op? How long did it take you to get it off?
Old 01-16-2018, 09:49 AM
JBI's Recovery Freak of Nature.

KayKay1206 is a splendid one to behold KayKay1206 is a splendid one to behold KayKay1206 is a splendid one to behold KayKay1206 is a splendid one to behold KayKay1206 is a splendid one to behold KayKay1206 is a splendid one to behold KayKay1206 is a splendid one to behold
TBH, i probably wouldnt do upper body workouts at all anymore, considering you have LD and BO and are getting it fixed. i just wouldnt risk it again.

writeroflight likes this.
Old 01-16-2018, 10:06 AM

Daisie is on a distinguished road
Iím only 4 weeks post op from my first BA so I canít speak too much from personal experience but my Ps told me no push ups, chest press, pec flyís, dips, or pull ups for 6 months post op.

Mind you I donít know if he would tell me any different if I had just had repairs for lateral displacement and bottoming out.
Old 01-16-2018, 04:56 PM
Enjoy life for the fullest. It has an expiration date.

Slinky has much to be proud of Slinky has much to be proud of Slinky has much to be proud of Slinky has much to be proud of Slinky has much to be proud of Slinky has much to be proud of Slinky has much to be proud of Slinky has much to be proud of Slinky has much to be proud of
I have to agree with KayKay on this. Sorry! Just from my own personal experience. I tried to ease back into heavier lifting in bench presses, flies, etc. This was at least a year after my BA. It was ok when I lifted light, but as I built up weight, I actually could see my boobs moving farther apart. More space between them. Less cleavage. So I quit completely. They never went back to as close as they started, but they also have not moved apart anymore, since I quit doing any exercises that isolate the pecs. I really believe, had I continued, I'd be looking at a revision for LD. Fortunately, I had extremely close cleavage to start with, closer than I liked. So I'm happy with a bit of separation. I just don't want anymore!

You really need to discuss this with your PS. Did he give you a reason for your LD and BO happening?

Slinky

KayKay1206 likes this.
Old 01-16-2018, 08:40 PM

PaynePill will become famous soon enough
Iím almost 4 months post revision for bottoming out and tearing the inner pocket on my right breast. I also exchanged my 435ís for 750ís. Iím cleared to do any kind of workout I want, but I must listen to my body. If it hurts, I stop immediately, wait two weeks, and try again. My surgeon said once I do the exercise pain free, I can build on it. Also, wearing the correct supportive bra is a must. Theyíre not cheap! They must not squeeze my boobs together, have maximum impact support, and also side reinforcement.

Just this week, Iíve been able to attempt assisted pull-ups with zero pain. Iím still extremely cautious and havenít even looked at the butterfly machine! Iím taking baby steps. He also cleared me to restart my OCR races, but said waiting a year postop would be better, so Iíve changed my goals to my first marathon instead. Letting my girls settle in wonít kill me but my husband might if I have to have another surgery for my stubbornness. 😂
Old 01-16-2018, 10:16 PM

Gummies4Me has a spectacular aura Gummies4Me has a spectacular aura
This is my first BA so haven't experienced LD or BO thank goodness. But my PS said absolutely NO direct chest workouts ever again after BA, he specifically said no pushups, no bench press, no chest flys, etc. I was told this at my first consult after I mentioned how much I workout. I never did direct chest really preop so wasn't an issue for me. I do upper body, but only bi's, tri's, shoulders, back, etc. I just today was able to do assisted pullups at 80 lbs without issues. Preop I could do pullups unassisted. I haven't attempted dips since 6 weeks post op but will try that this week hopefully assisted as well. Personally anything that makes me feel like my implants will be compromised I don't do. I pushed on something the other day and felt them pushing apart so I stopped immediately. I have great cleavage I don't want to ruin lol. I agree on a good high impact sports bra. I got https://www.target.com/p/women-s-pow...elect=52205340 this one from Target and love it. The girls stay in place with no bounce. The reviews about the band being tight is true so try them on in the store before buying, that's what I did. The 34DD fit me the best and I'm 29 inches underbust and 38 1/2 on the bust.
Old 01-16-2018, 11:37 PM

PettyThief is on a distinguished road
I opted for overs for various reasons, including the fact that I didn't want my BA to affect my fitness or workout regime. I don't lift but I do Brazilian jiu-jitsu, which requires a ton of pectoral activation and lots of upper body strength, and I was terrified of sacrificing those things (BJJ keeps me sane).

After my surgery, I got back into working out with a revised HIIT routine at about two months PO and hot yoga around the same time. I incorporated direct chest work back into my HIIT at three months PO but I only starting BJJ training again closer to four months PO. I think I might have managed sooner physically, but I was mostly terrified of being hurt by one of my sparring partners (the first few rolls did feel very weird).

Oh, and I did gain weight after surgery – around 4kg – but I think I was definitely eating my feelings when I had boobie blues. I've lost a little of that, so I'm now 2kg heavier than my pre-BA weight but I'm pretty sure I need to amend my eating habits for that.
Old 01-18-2018, 02:42 PM

GiveMeDs is on a distinguished road
Thank you all for replies!

Sorry for the late reply on this, I subscribed to the thread but didn't realize I had it going to a separate email account that I don't often check! Silly me. Well, it looks like NEVER doing upper body is completely out of the question for me because personal training is my job, I haven't a choice. I am definitely not doing any chest workouts ever again. I talked to my PS about this and he said I should do isolation exercises for my upper body. (really focusing on muscle contraction, and making sure you're not incorporating other muscles along with it, and avoiding a sloppy technique) . He said bis, tris, and some back and shoulders will be ok. That's fine with me, but I am not going to jump into it too soon. I will be doing mostly lower body for a while as well as some cardio. I do need to find a good bra and will go to target as well. Thanks for that recommendation! If you girls have any other recommendations for me for bras, let me know. Sounds like a lot of you do various types of workouts, from marathon training to spartan races, and even martial arts! How cool! I have always been a weightlifter, and enjoy running as well. The bottoming out was not caused by me, it was actually an over dissected pocket. The lateral displacement happened because my first surgeon told me to start working out at 2 weeks post op with direct chest work (flys, and dumbell presses) to help push the implants down because they werent dropping. SOUNDED CRAZY to me! I called him TWICE to ask again ARE U SERIOUS? He said yes, so I did and a month later, ended up back in surgery because of lateral displacement and realease of the muscle. This time, I am going with a new Dr to correct the overdissected inferior pocket on one side, and to make sure I havent displaced again. I have wide cleavage to begin with so its hard to tell if thats whats going on but the new Dr. said if I am displacing , he will be correcting it and will go from there. Sorry I should have been more clear on that. Its not confirmed I have displaced yet, but it is likely its starting to and will probably fix it for precaution. If this continues to be an issue, I may switch to overs down the road and incorporate strattice or something , because I have thin tissues due to massive weight loss. Not getting to train upper body would be the death of me! Lol. But so far, the PS sais it will be okay to do it but avoid certain exercises. I feel honestly like A LOT of my issues is surgical error from the previous surgeon and telling me to do things too early, and wrong. This guy had only been doing plastic surgery for a year, and just graduated his schooling for it and was NOT board certified. That's another story if yall wanna hear it! I go into surgery next week on Thursday so girls wish me luck and will definitely keep you all posted! Thank u so much!!