Go Back   Just Breast Implants Forum Women's Beauty, Health, and Fitness

|
Forgot Username/Password?
Forum Home Blogs FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Women's Beauty, Health, and Fitness Use this forum to discuss beauty products, hair care, diets, fitness, etc.

Runners, cyclists, and triathletes!

Old 12-16-2018, 11:35 AM

CurvyFit26 is on a distinguished road
Runners, cyclists, and triathletes!

Iíve been an athlete all my life. Iíve done a few bodybuilding comps over the years and last summer competed in my first ever triathlon. All the training made me literally flat as a board... my breast tissue was non-existent. I do believe the lack of boobies made my training easier, so Iím curious how implants will effect this. Of course I will invest in a really great sports bra, but can anyone give me insight on how implants will effect my triathlon training/ races? Iím doing 450ccs under the muscle HP.

Thanks
Old 12-16-2018, 03:41 PM
Too Small, Too Big, Now Somewhere In Between!

ANewPair will become famous soon enough ANewPair will become famous soon enough
Originally Posted by CurvyFit26 View Post
Iíve been an athlete all my life. Iíve done a few bodybuilding comps over the years and last summer competed in my first ever triathlon. All the training made me literally flat as a board... my breast tissue was non-existent. I do believe the lack of boobies made my training easier, so Iím curious how implants will effect this. Of course I will invest in a really great sports bra, but can anyone give me insight on how implants will effect my triathlon training/ races? Iím doing 450ccs under the muscle HP.

Thanks
Former long distance runner now in retirement. Yoga and cycling are my passions now at the young age of 58. Having had implants for 30 years, my experience was that running with anything over a 36C interfered with my running and that strapping the girls down was difficult at best. For me personally, I should never have upsized my implants beyond 350cc's which brought me to a 36C. I have recently downsized my implants which was was shockingly spendy (I also had CC and a rupture) and quite honestly I wish I had downsized by another 100cc's. But, having smaller breasts (36D now) is a vast improvement for my lifestyle.
Old 12-16-2018, 05:04 PM

Gummies4Me has a spectacular aura Gummies4Me has a spectacular aura

Thanks
Not sure your stats as far as height, BWD etc. But most girls who are runners that I know go for 250-300 CC's so they get an increase but not enough to interfere with running. Most bodybuilders I know go over the muscle as going under the muscle you will not be able to do direct chest or most exercises that engage pec muscles without risk of deformity from the pec muscle pushing the implants. I was explained by my PS that I couldn't do any direct chest, push ups, etc postop with going under the muscle. I never did chest preop so wasn't an issue for me. But even doing things like pullups and dips now is difficult as I can feel my implants being pushed by my pec muscles, so I do them extremely assisted now.
Old 12-16-2018, 05:30 PM

Originally Posted by ANewPair View Post
Former long distance runner now in retirement. Yoga and cycling are my passions now at the young age of 58. Having had implants for 30 years, my experience was that running with anything over a 36C interfered with my running and that strapping the girls down was difficult at best. For me personally, I should never have upsized my implants beyond 350cc's which brought me to a 36C. I have recently downsized my implants which was was shockingly spendy (I also had CC and a rupture) and quite honestly I wish I had downsized by another 100cc's. But, having smaller breasts (36D now) is a vast improvement for my lifestyle.
Thank you! This was helpful. I enjoy yoga and cycling too. Do you think 450 would be too much on my frame if I want to continue with competitive/ long-distance cycling? Iím 5í4, 120 and a 34A cup
Old 12-16-2018, 08:02 PM

Gummies4Me has a spectacular aura Gummies4Me has a spectacular aura
Thank you! This was helpful. I enjoy yoga and cycling too. Do you think 450 would be too much on my frame if I want to continue with competitive/ long-distance cycling? Iím 5í4, 120 and a 34A cup
It's hard to know what would be big or small on you, height is only one factor as well as preop breast tissue. Your BWD is a big factor, I'm 5'1 and my BWD is 13, but many my height could have a BWD of 11 or 12, that makes a big difference. You could also be in the wrong bra size preop. Bra Size Calculator ? A Sophisticated Pair this is helpful in finding your true bra size.
Old 12-16-2018, 08:36 PM

NJGal will become famous soon enough
Hi! Iím a runner/marathoner and this was at the top of my list of talking points when I consulted with surgeons. I think I mentioned this to my PS at least half a dozen times in the pre-op process. I kept saying ďI have to be able to run with these thingsĒ. Iíve got 425cc HPs and my BA was last February which took me to a 32DD. Pics are in an album; send me a FR if youíd like to see them.

Since February Iíve run 2 full marathons and a bunch of halfs. My biggest concern was finding the right sports bra. I love the Brooks Fiona bra...Itís a basic bra with no molded cups or zippers or anything that could chafe on a long run or ride. It comes in bra sizes too. Nothing moves and itís very comfortable. I havenít done a tri but take spin and swim to cross-train. Swimming was a bit weird at first; spin has been fine.

Be sure to mention your active lifestyle to your PS. And check out the Fiona - you can find it on sale at Road Runner Sports or REI: https://www.brooksrunning.com/en_us/...ra/350064.html. The Juno is also very popular. Congrats on your first tri and good luck with your BA!!

Last edited by NJGal; 12-16-2018 at 08:38 PM. Reason: Pathetic grammar due to typing without glasses
Old 12-16-2018, 09:57 PM

Ok this was super helpful!! Iím glad you are able to remain active and sporty post BA! Iíd like to preface that I am extremely excited and confident about getting my BA, but do have an unwavering fear that I am trading in functionality/athleticism for vanity. As a fellow athlete, would you recommend the size/ccís you got? Iím currently a 34A, 5í4 and 120 lbs. I think 450 will look fantastic on my frame since I am broad in the shoulders. But I donít want anything super heavy either... would you recommend something lower in volume?
Old 12-16-2018, 09:59 PM

Originally Posted by NJGal View Post
Hi! Iím a runner/marathoner and this was at the top of my list of talking points when I consulted with surgeons. I think I mentioned this to my PS at least half a dozen times in the pre-op process. I kept saying ďI have to be able to run with these thingsĒ. Iíve got 425cc HPs and my BA was last February which took me to a 32DD. Pics are in an album; send me a FR if youíd like to see them.

Since February Iíve run 2 full marathons and a bunch of halfs. My biggest concern was finding the right sports bra. I love the Brooks Fiona bra...Itís a basic bra with no molded cups or zippers or anything that could chafe on a long run or ride. It comes in bra sizes too. Nothing moves and itís very comfortable. I havenít done a tri but take spin and swim to cross-train. Swimming was a bit weird at first; spin has been fine.

Be sure to mention your active lifestyle to your PS. And check out the Fiona - you can find it on sale at Road Runner Sports or REI: https://www.brooksrunning.com/en_us/...ra/350064.html. The Juno is also very popular. Congrats on your first tri and good luck with your BA!!
Ok this was super helpful!! Iím glad you are able to remain active and sporty post BA! Iíd like to preface that I am extremely excited and confident about getting my BA, but do have an unwavering fear that I am trading in functionality/athleticism for vanity. As a fellow athlete, would you recommend the size/ccís you got? Iím currently a 34A, 5í4 and 120 lbs. I think 450 will look fantastic on my frame since I am broad in the shoulders. But I donít want anything super heavy either... would you recommend something lower in volume?
Old 12-17-2018, 08:05 PM

NJGal will become famous soon enough
This is so hard to answer because everyone is so different. I love the size I have and am very comfortable in my sports bra. Some ladies on here have smaller inplants and are uncomfortable; others are larger and are fine. Have you tried running or cycling with 450cc rice sizers? I did this before my BA just to see what it would feel like. What did your PS say? Good luck...sizing is so hard but it sounds like youíre super excited about your choice.