Go Back   Just Breast Implants Forum Women's Beauty, Health, and Fitness

|
Forgot Username/Password?
Forum Home Blogs FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Women's Beauty, Health, and Fitness Use this forum to discuss beauty products, hair care, diets, fitness, etc.

Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By Lennev

Rock Climbing & Pole Dancing

Old 01-30-2020, 03:46 PM

AtomicApples is on a distinguished road
Lightbulb Rock Climbing & Pole Dancing

Hello everyone,

I could really use some help from the ladies on this forum. I am a transgender woman and breast implants are part of my care plan. On Friday and Monday I went through two consults with plastic surgeons for breast implants. Both of them gave me the same recommendation:

475 cc under the muscle implants.

1 prefers inframammary incision
1 prefers nipple incision

I told both of these doctors that I was an avid rock climber and a pole dancer.

The younger doctor said that if I get implants I should avoid rock climbing and pole dancing. That I should also avoid push ups and pulls. He said that if I did them, I will move the implant down and out to the side and would eventually need an internal bra placed to correct it.

The older doctor looked puzzled and said that if I got implants I should be able to do whatever exercise I feel like doing. That he didn't see any kind of problem with it.

...I am confused. I don't know who to believe or what to believe. When I search forums I find little information on folks who rock climb and have breast implants.

I wish i could just get uppers but according to both doctors I am a poor candidate for them. Since I am trans my upper breast tissue is minimal and placing tiny uppers won't correct my gender dysphoria.

This is has been really upsetting to hear. Without breast implants, I don't know if I will feel whole. Without my climbing community, I'd feel isolated and unsupported.

I appreciate your responses so much. I know it's one of those things that's impossible to predict. I am wondering if I just need to bite down and throw the dice...

Anything you can share means a lot to me.

Thank you.

AtomicApples
Old 02-02-2020, 12:03 PM

Lennev is a jewel in the rough Lennev is a jewel in the rough Lennev is a jewel in the rough Lennev is a jewel in the rough
Pole dancer here...

I am a fellow pole dancer. I danced professionally for many years and now as a hobby I have a pole in my home that I use probably 3 x weekly. IMO, You just shouldnít go with the doctor who is telling you you cannot exercise your upper body without getting lateral displacement because what he is really telling you is, there is something about his surgical technique thats causing him to see displacement happen a lot in his practice with active patients. Therefore he isnít the right surgeon for you.

I purposely went with a surgeon who has done many Dancers, competetive Polers, bodybuilders, etc and Iíve never seen any of them have any issues. Iíve not had these issues myself either. Go with the one who doesnít see this complication a lot.

Congratulations on your surgery and I wish you all the luck!!

health-dev likes this.