Go Back   Just Breast Implants Forum Women's Beauty, Health, and Fitness

|
Forgot Username/Password?
Forum Home Blogs FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Women's Beauty, Health, and Fitness Use this forum to discuss beauty products, hair care, diets, fitness, etc.

Laser Skin Resurfacing

Old 07-20-2009, 07:15 PM

bustersgurl is on a distinguished road
Laser Skin Resurfacing

Hey ladies,

Any of you had laser skin resurfacing?? it's a procedure that i really want to get, just nervous and want to find an experienced doctor. I have heard of people getting burned from the lasers.

So if any of you have gotten it done i would love to hear your experience and results!!

thanks ladies!
Old 07-20-2009, 08:51 PM

justright will become famous soon enough justright will become famous soon enough
I have resurfaced my face 4 times with the Fraxel re:store and LOVE IT!!! It is quite important to find someone who knows the machine and understands your skin needs well. Fraxel re:store is an erbium laser and does not take the outer layer of skin off, it only removes a portion in the form of microscopic dots. The Fraxel reair is the heavier CO2 laser that has a longer downtime but you also get a more significant result with one treatment of that laser whereas it takes 3-5 to get something very similar with the other. I prefer the re:store only because the pain is tolerable and the downtime is only a couple days compared to a week or more.

My skin has changed 100% from my treatments. I used to have quite dark freckles (I'm fair) and lots of sundamage. Now I have nearly invisible freckles (I don't use bleaching agents) and have no fine lines or visible sun damage on my skin.

I can't speak highly enough about my own experiences. I also perform the procedure on others (I'm an aesthetic RN) and have had great results with my own clients. Let me know if you have any other questions, and I may be able to help you find someone where you live who has the experience you need.

JR
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to justright For This Useful Post: