Go Back   Just Breast Implants Forum Women's Beauty, Health, and Fitness

|
Forgot Username/Password?
Forum Home Blogs FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Women's Beauty, Health, and Fitness Use this forum to discuss beauty products, hair care, diets, fitness, etc.

I need a new foundation....please help!!

Reply Subscribe
Old 09-02-2009, 02:48 PM

flgirl2008 is on a distinguished road
I need a new foundation....please help!!

I have been using Maybelline (sp) mousse foundation but I find that it doesn't last for as long as I though it would. Before that I used Bare Minerals for a couple of years and I loved it but I had to retouch at least once a day or sometimes more.

I am looking for something that last longer and that has good coverage while still looking natural of course. Nothing cakey. I don't want to look like I have a mask on...you know. And there are so many out there that I don't even know where to start....(sigh))

Any recomendations ladies?
Old 09-02-2009, 03:06 PM
Needs a recount..how big are my boobs!!?

xtashax is on a distinguished road
If you don't care how much you spend Lancome has great foundation and so does Bobbi Brown..and Chanel. If you are pale or have a hard to match skintone Chanel and Bobbi Brown have a wonderful assortment of colours.
Old 09-02-2009, 03:09 PM

courtneylove is on a distinguished road
I love love love Bare Escentuals Mineral Makeup!
Old 09-02-2009, 03:12 PM

iwantboobz is on a distinguished road
Mac Studio Fix foundation is a good one. I also suggest you go to a Mac store itself if you have one in your town & have them match you up because sometimes makeup doesn't stay long on because of your skin type, oily, dry, etc. I also recommend that you use a face primer or a moisturizer prior to applying your foundation. Mac Prep & Prime is a good primer for your makeup. Hope I helped a little
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to iwantboobz For This Useful Post:
Old 09-02-2009, 03:26 PM

lisa010 is on a distinguished road
Hey, I had the same problems with Bare Minerals. I went to Ulta and bought Bare Minerals foundation primer called "prime up" (I think that's the name). It sticks to my face great now! Also, with that brand, it's all about using the proper brush. I found out I was using the wrong brush too so not as much was being applied. Now that they showed me how to properly use it all my face looks flawless!
The Following User Says Thank You to lisa010 For This Useful Post:
Old 09-02-2009, 03:33 PM

Gypsyrose has a spectacular aura Gypsyrose has a spectacular aura Gypsyrose has a spectacular aura
I needed these answers too...thanks ladies
Old 09-02-2009, 03:34 PM

lisa010 is on a distinguished road
Originally Posted by Gypsyrose View Post
I needed these answers too...thanks ladies
Always happy to help
Old 09-02-2009, 03:54 PM

xxStellaxx is on a distinguished road
For mineral powder, I prefer Laura Mercier. It feels better on the skin and lasts longer. I've converted all my Bare friends to this.

I have super oily skin, so I am using Make Up Forever Mat Velvet+. The MU Forever in HD is a Sephora number one seller. I haven't tried it, though.

I purchase almost all my beauty things from Sephora. If you go on their website, you can read reviews before you drop that kinda dough on makeup. It's always a great idea to read the good and the bad. If you live near one, they give out free samples of everything in the store!
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to xxStellaxx For This Useful Post:
Old 09-02-2009, 04:16 PM

gossipgirl is on a distinguished road
I have Mac foundation too. Very smooth and soft.
Old 09-02-2009, 06:23 PM
"Life ain't always beautiful, but it's a beautiful ride"

hairgirl will become famous soon enough
I used BE for 8yrs, but as I got older it just settled in my lines(I always use a primer) then I tried MAC but it was just too heavy feeling after using mineral for yrs. My new fave is Laura Geller balance & brighten & I love her Spackle primer, you can layer it for more coverage.
Old 09-03-2009, 02:07 AM

K-Lou is on a distinguished road
The best high street foundation I have used is Loreal Paris - Infallible, it goes on really well, doesn't feel heavy, doesn't just rub off easily, stops me being shiny, combats the signs of tiredness, fights the signs of humidity, and lasts for up to 16 hours... at the end of a night out in a boiling hot nightclub its still on my face at the end.
Its around 12 in the UK =)
Old 09-03-2009, 03:45 AM

Torri is on a distinguished road
Talking

Hi sweetie,

Finding a good foundation can be really hard, and after useing it for so long your body starts to get use to it, and ive noticed its not so effective,

I deff recommend trying Sheer Cover, they got there own website everything, its such a good foundation it comes with everything, brushes, powder, foundation cream and bronwser....

also i use Double Wear, by Estata Laurder, not sure how you spell it correctly, its amazeing and can last up to 12hrs without no touch ups....

Good Luck finding the right look for you

Love Hayley
xxxx
Old 09-03-2009, 04:37 AM

Anita06 will become famous soon enough
I wear a face mask all day long so I need a foundation that won't rub off. I've trialed a lot of foundations and found a few that work for me:

Clarins Multi-matte
You can build it to full coverage. Very light and feels great on skin

Christian Dior Forever
Super long-lasting, very good coverage. Sometimes can be a bit too heavy

Lancome Teint Idole
Very nice and makes my skin feel soft. Medium coverage

Make sure you are using oil-free moisturiser before yousing foundation! It is very important! If you have some oil in you moisturiser the foundation will just slide off your face. I love Lancome aqua-fusion moisturiser before I use foundation.

Don't forget to set it with powder. I use mineral powder (either Dior or Prestige, I actually think that Prestige is much nicer and it 1/2 price of Dior one). It gives my skin nice glow and even out colour.
Old 09-03-2009, 05:59 AM

SoKrayzie is on a distinguished road
Originally Posted by Anita06 View Post
I wear a face mask all day long so I need a foundation that won't rub off. I've trialed a lot of foundations and found a few that work for me:

Clarins Multi-matte
You can build it to full coverage. Very light and feels great on skin

Christian Dior Forever
Super long-lasting, very good coverage. Sometimes can be a bit too heavy

Lancome Teint Idole
Very nice and makes my skin feel soft. Medium coverage

Make sure you are using oil-free moisturiser before yousing foundation! It is very important! If you have some oil in you moisturiser the foundation will just slide off your face. I love Lancome aqua-fusion moisturiser before I use foundation.

Don't forget to set it with powder. I use mineral powder (either Dior or Prestige, I actually think that Prestige is much nicer and it 1/2 price of Dior one). It gives my skin nice glow and even out colour.
thanks for the tip on using oil free moisturiser, im using one with sunscreen and my foundation never felt like it was on smoothly always looked blotchly and by end of day had high shine around forehead and nose. going to buy oil free moisturiser tommorew, thanks
Old 09-03-2009, 06:11 AM

juggernauts is on a distinguished road
Originally Posted by iwantboobz View Post
Mac Studio Fix foundation is a good one. I also suggest you go to a Mac store itself if you have one in your town & have them match you up because sometimes makeup doesn't stay long on because of your skin type, oily, dry, etc. I also recommend that you use a face primer or a moisturizer prior to applying your foundation. Mac Prep & Prime is a good primer for your makeup. Hope I helped a little

I second this!
Old 09-03-2009, 06:14 AM

juggernauts is on a distinguished road
Clinique Even Better foundation is really good too. I use this sometimes too as they have a great colour match for me and my hard to match colour.

I use a few different brands at different times of year as my colour changes so much.
Old 09-03-2009, 06:44 AM

xxStellaxx is on a distinguished road
I like Boscia Oil Free SPF 15. It has ingredients to absorb a little bit of oil, which will help the foundation stay on. I also use Laura Mercier translusent setting powder or I just bought Make Up forever Mat loose powder
Old 09-03-2009, 08:45 AM

qrx1239 is on a distinguished road
I have the MAC liquid med-full coverage andd my skin looks flawless! I love it
Old 09-03-2009, 09:13 AM

Anotherlady is on a distinguished road
The best I have found so far is Lancome 14hr retouch-free oil-free makeup. I am a nurse at a busy hospital in Nashville. We work 12 hr shifts and people are always asking me what kind of make up I use because it always looks so good. I also use Estee Lauder Double Wear pressed powder with it. One thing I have found to help my foundation not look so thick is that I use a foundation brush. It helps me a lot and I don't seem to use as much makeup either! You definately pay more for those brands of makeup but I think it's well worth it if you can afford it!
P.S. Going for my first consult today! YAY! :-)
Old 09-03-2009, 03:15 PM

BarbieRocker will become famous soon enough BarbieRocker will become famous soon enough
I just got smashbox halo foundation its great.
I also use two faced primer underneath because I have super oily skin

other foundations I like
makeup forever HD foundation
smashbox HD foundation
clinique stay true makeup
Reply Subscribe