Go Back   Just Breast Implants Forum Women's Beauty, Health, and Fitness

|
Forgot Username/Password?
Forum Home Blogs FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Women's Beauty, Health, and Fitness Use this forum to discuss beauty products, hair care, diets, fitness, etc.

the tip thread spin off

Old 09-05-2009, 03:44 PM

kariev34 is on a distinguished road
the tip thread spin off

so after reading all the posts on the "how much do you tip your hairdresser" thread, i wanted to know what you ladies think is an appropriate price for a cut and color? I know all places vary but I just went to a new salon yesterday and a cut and some highlights ended up costing $282 and then they had a mandatory 20% tip on top of that putting me in the $300. I thought it was over priced. Its not that she did a bad job but its not sensational or anything. what do you think? what is your limit for cost when it comes to cut and color?
Old 09-05-2009, 04:03 PM

Anotherlady is on a distinguished road
I am sooo glad you posted this! I have been wondering the same thing!

Thank!
Old 09-05-2009, 04:04 PM

picksydusst82 will become famous soon enough
i am in the same boat as you- i moved so i went to a new hair studio- color and cut put me at $200.. and one of the highlights bled so i had to be there so much longer. on top of that, i have LOTS of hair and i got the vibe that they were pushing diffusing it over a blow out.

since i used to be in the service industry, i tipped 20%, but felt that a. the color/cut is OVERPRICED and b. i should have gotten a blow out even if it is extra work on their part after paying this much.. diffusing it is what i do daily whats the fun in that?

picksydusst82's plastic surgeon is Alan N. Larsen M.D
VISIT WEBSITE
DOCTOR PROFILE
Old 09-05-2009, 04:13 PM

Kuki will become famous soon enough
The salon I go to now does my hair for free, but since I have a double process (my hair is black and blonde), it would be well over $300, with a cut or trim... Then add on a tip!

But since its free, I do tip her between $150 and $200, depending on what I'm having done. Because at my old salon I paid $200 plus tip for all my stuff.

I just can't afford to go over $200.

I know a couple hairdressers that work in fancy salons and they take home like 3-4 grand a week! Nice gig...and these gals are artists, so they deserve it!
Old 09-06-2009, 02:10 PM

kariev34 is on a distinguished road
yeah, i'm probably not going to go back to this lady. her price was just to steep. the thing was she was at another salon and her price was $100 less there then it was at this new place. She didn't tell me she jacked up her price either and i didn't complain b/c i didn't want to make a fuss in the middle of a busy salon. i think i'm going to dye my own hair at home and have my mom cut it. She has been cutting her own hair since she was young and it looks great! So my next question is for those who dye their hair at home. Which product do you like? Also, i have really dark eyebrows but would like to lighten them up. I've tried face bleach before but it only lasted for a month and then my eyebrows were dark again. I didn't realize how quickly your eyebrows fall out and regrow. Could i use hair dye on my eyebrows (my eyebrows are dark brown by the way).