Go Back   Just Breast Implants Forum Women's Beauty, Health, and Fitness

|
Forgot Username/Password?
Forum Home Blogs FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Women's Beauty, Health, and Fitness Use this forum to discuss beauty products, hair care, diets, fitness, etc.

famous daves tanner

Old 09-13-2009, 04:55 PM

kariev34 is on a distinguished road
famous daves tanner

just had to rave again about this sunless tanner. i put some on last night and woke up very brown! it has a very mild smell that i can't describe. It has no added fragrance which i think cuts down on the ST stench. I've used this one many times and no matter how many i try i always come back to it. you can get it from his website www.famousdavestanner.com I always get the moisture tan. Just wanted to share.
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to kariev34 For This Useful Post:
Old 09-13-2009, 05:06 PM

Horizon41 will become famous soon enough
Glad you liked it I tried it but did not myself and gave it away at work but it does have good reviews I want to try fake bake still to see if i like it
Old 09-13-2009, 05:38 PM

littlejake is on a distinguished road
That sounds great, I may just have to try it!! Thank you.
Old 09-14-2009, 08:53 PM

andibelle is on a distinguished road
Wow! Thanks for the tip... I will definitely check out Famous Dave's... I think I've tried almost every self tanner out there in search of the perfect golden glow (sans sun damage).... I tried Fake Bake, it was pretty good, but so far the best I've used it St. Tropez self tanner, it gives a great color!
The Following User Says Thank You to andibelle For This Useful Post:
Old 09-14-2009, 09:20 PM

xoBittyBxo is on a distinguished road
I've heard of it before...

So, the color takes a while to develop? Does it rub off on clothes? Is there any thing that you don't like about it?-you said that you strayed from the product before. Have you tried any of the other lotions from the brand?

...I just saw that they have a 4oz. bottle of the Moisture Tan for $12.97, perfect to try it out!
The Following User Says Thank You to xoBittyBxo For This Useful Post:
Old 09-15-2009, 12:43 AM
Much to be Thankful for :)

Dare is a name known to all Dare is a name known to all Dare is a name known to all Dare is a name known to all Dare is a name known to all Dare is a name known to all
I think we must vary in our skin's reactions to the same products. I tried Dave's, based on many women saying it didn't smell, but to me the chemical smell is just as strong in Dave's, there just isn't any perfume on top of it. I didn't get much in the way of color either, and found it took a long time to rub in completely. I bought when they had a buy one get one sale, and ended up giving them both away.

I think my nose is just more sensitive to that chemical self-tanners need. I have yet to find one that I can stand the smell of.
The Following User Says Thank You to Dare For This Useful Post:
Old 09-15-2009, 04:16 AM

K-Lou is on a distinguished road
I have tried loads of tanners; Fake Bake, St Tropez, Xen-Tan, Loreal etc, but one of my favourites ever is SunLabs Dark Sunsation, it goes an olivey kinda brown on my skin, and doesn't smell as much as the others I have used, I like the dark chocolatey guide colour even if I do look like I have been rolling in mud til I shower it off lol, no streaking woohoooo!
It also lasts ages on me, I lasted just under two weeks before it started fading, and it didn't fade all patchy, when I tan, I use Nivea moisturiser every day to stop the tan drying my skin out... maybe thats why it doesn't go crackly on me???
Errrm so yeah, SunLabs is awesome too... will def check out Famous Daves though, I'm always up for trying a new tanner out.
The Following User Says Thank You to K-Lou For This Useful Post:
Old 09-15-2009, 05:41 AM

kariev34 is on a distinguished road
xoBittyBxo: I usually notice color development about 2-3 hours later. No it does not rub off on clothes. It doesn't have a color guide but the lotion is thick so you can see where its going as you rub it in but it absorbs quickly. I have strayed to other brands, almost every brand out there but i always come back to this one b/c it gives me the best resulsts.

Dare: you are right, everyones body chemistry responds differently to the DHA in sunless tanners. What is a mild smell on one could totally reak on someone else. Famous Daves advertises that it is fragrance free but i still smell some smell though mild. For me, its this mild kindof burnt smell i guess.

I want to try an aerosol sunless tanner. I have't done that type of any brand. It seems like it would be so much easier then rubbing in lotion.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to kariev34 For This Useful Post: