Go Back   Just Breast Implants Forum Women's Beauty, Health, and Fitness

|
Forgot Username/Password?
Forum Home Blogs FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Women's Beauty, Health, and Fitness Use this forum to discuss beauty products, hair care, diets, fitness, etc.

I know its not healthy but I dont wanna gain it back!

Old 10-05-2009, 11:46 PM

Tirby is on a distinguished road
Exclamation I know its not healthy but I dont wanna gain it back!

Ok so since ive actually been weighing myself I have lost 10 pounds and I feel soooo much better about myself ive even lost a bit of weight in my love handle area which is like aaaaaaaaaa (angelic music inserted here lol) the thing is I KNOW I DONT EAT ENOUGH!!!I did not start eating 1 meal a day to loose weight. Right Now I'm down to 129-130 the bad thing is I know I'm loosing weight mainly by my lack of food I exorcise but not near as much as I should Im super tired from starting my new job. and my stress level is not helping me want to be more active.

MY BIG QUESTION IS THIS. If I increase my 1 meal a day to 2 meals which means adding more carbs to my diet will I gain weight back fast because my bodys used to a specific amount of carbs? And with only eating ONCE a day I'm eating meat,well never really.(when I say I eat a meal I mean 1 thing as in bowl a cereal or a bowl of soup) I dont have 1 veggie 1 protein and 1 carb thing on my plate I know all carbs are not bad, also that I need some in my diet, and that eating a nutritionally balanced meal will be good for me I also need protein shakes or something as well. But would it be better to loose another 10 pounds first so if I gain it back I wont feel completely like crap? I want to be healthy of course but I just want this weight gone already[/SIZE]

Also I want to eat enough so that when I stop dieting I wont continue loosing weight. I had a big issue with this when I was down to 115 my stomach looks great at 115 my arms legs and especially calves look wayyyy to skinny my bones are so small and at that weight I looked super anorexic unless you looked at my stomach and saw I was not a size 2 lol...No matter how high of a carb my one meal a day was I still only ate 1ce a day and could not maintain a specific weight.....I appreciate any advise thanks girls!!!!

ps. I seriously cut back on my salt intake like wowowowowowowowowow cut back on salt lol I had to get my ring resized from a 5 1/2 to a 4 1/2. and I could have gone down to a 4 lol. also till recently i have been working out regularly but ive been feeling weak lately and I think im not getting enough nutrients. I'll start running again as soon as feel better
Love Tara

Tirby's plastic surgeon is Christopher Pelletiere, MD
VISIT WEBSITE
DOCTOR PROFILE
Old 10-06-2009, 04:24 PM
bb8

bb8 is on a distinguished road
The longer you go eating the little amount that you are the more you're going to screw up your metabolism. Plus when you do that you're losing muscle mass and not the fat you want to lose. Trust me it took me almost 34 years to finally figure it out. I'll be 40 this January and the last 6 years have been my best b/c I finally started eating right and exercising. You're young- obviously by your pic (: Don't waste that time feeling weak and yucky b/c you haven't eaten. Increase what you eat and increase your activity. It's hard to fit in I know but it is possible. Everything will start coming together if you stick to it though. Best wishes.
The Following User Says Thank You to bb8 For This Useful Post:
Old 10-06-2009, 05:01 PM

xxStellaxx is on a distinguished road
I lost 12 lbs and have kept it off for about 7 months. I have tried a lot of methods, but what works for me is, a bite of a fiber bar for breakfast with a large glass of vanilla soy milk. Any kind of lunch I want. A small dinner.

My thoughts are that if I do eat a "bad" lunch, I have all day to work it off. I am also a chocolate/ice cream fan and I do eat candy everyday, only a small amount between lunch and dinner.

Different stuff works for different people. There is a diet called the no-diet, diet where you can eat WHATEVER you want as long as your body is hungry. There is also people who say to eat small 5 meals. It's really whatever works for you. I do eat socially when I am not hungry, and eating 5 times a day actually had me gaining weight because I was hungry all the time.

I eat pizza every Friday at my lunch meetings, but instead of 2 slices, I eat one and maybe follow it later with orange juice.
The Following User Says Thank You to xxStellaxx For This Useful Post:
Old 10-06-2009, 11:05 PM

Aw thanks ladies I dont think I was as clear as I could have been I dont eat bad food for my one meal a day I dont drink pop either but my problem is that for the longest time I have just ate 1 meal a day I gained weight because I hate fast food all the time and never ever worked out. now I'm loosing weight because my 1 meal I eat a small portion and then a snack if im hungry but its low cal. I just seriously dont want to eat more and gain all my weight back ive just ate 1 meal a day for years now.

VISIT WEBSITE
DOCTOR PROFILE
Old 10-06-2009, 11:11 PM
IFBB Physique Pro

Island_Girl is on a distinguished road
I'll be up front with you. You are going about it the wrong way. By eating just 1 meal a day, regardless if it is clean calories or dirty cals, you are messing up your metabolism. Your body is very smart and will hold on to those calories that you feed it for fear that it may not get fed again.

Like majority of the responses, you want to eat between 5-6 small meals a day. Space them out ever 2.5-3 hours apart. I do this for a living so I know what I am talking about. You may lose weight at first, but you will plateau. Not to mention messing up your metabolism like I mentioned above.

You also do not want to think about this as a so-called "diet". You want to have the mindset that eating smart should be a lifestyle.

Island_Girl's plastic surgeon is Andrew Wolfe, MD
VISIT WEBSITE
DOCTOR PROFILE
The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to Island_Girl For This Useful Post:
Old 10-08-2009, 08:57 PM

Jvdb is on a distinguished road
As others have said...you are doing more damage than good because one meal a day will slow down your metabolism drastically. Try AT LEAST snacking on some veggies throughout the day and a few small meals rather than one large one.

Trust me...not worth it, your energy is going to be very low as well.
Old 10-08-2009, 09:33 PM

allie888 is on a distinguished road
Sounds like you already know this but one bowl of cereal or one bowl of soup is not enough food or nutrients for anybody for a whole day. I am not a dietition or anything but I'll tell you what works for me and let me tell you, I eat whatever I want! I eat something small for breakfast. I eat a large lunch I will usually have salad and pizza or something along those lines. And usually a really small dinner. More like snack style. I always make sure I eat salads and fruit so I make sure I am getting my nutrients. Sometimes I will have something sweet after lunch and when I do, I only have a protein drink for dinner. For me, the trick is not eating a lot for dinner and definitely not eating late. I will eat when I go out with my husband or friends but in general, just something small. And any time I feel my pants getting a little tight (if I have been eating too much sweets!), I will cut them out for a week or two. I could definitely hit the gym a little more to tone up but I maintain my current weight and feel great about myself.
Old 10-08-2009, 10:49 PM

MilitaryWifey1 is on a distinguished road
I know its really easy to forget about eating when your at work all day especially if your stressed and tired and whatever but you can not forget to eat! everytime you skip a meal your metabolism slows down, then when you finally eat that 1 meal it takes forever to process those nutrients and fat...
you need to be eating atleast 3 small meals a day with healthy snacks in between... ive tried so many "diets" and nothing works more than eating a balanced meal... this could also be why you are tired. not enough vitamins make you very tired.
and also i know how it feels to be tired(i work and go to school full time) but every night i go to the gym for about an hour to mix up cardio and weights and i feel like i have soooo much more energy during the day. and i sleep better!! i used to be super restless when i would go to bed...
i hope you found this helpful, sorry to ramble on! lol

VISIT WEBSITE
DOCTOR PROFILE
Old 10-09-2009, 03:12 PM

NC74 is on a distinguished road
My trainer says "Eat breakfast like a king, lunch like a prince and dinner like a pauper" then like mentioned your small snacks. Its proven ppl who dont eat breakfast will put on weight and struggle to get it off. Breakfast kick starts your metabolisim for the day!!!!

Also if your not eating you WILL feel tired ~ whether you started a new job or not. Your body uses food as fuel so you have energy to do things. You'll be amazed how good you feel when you eat right and excersise.........
Old 10-13-2009, 08:27 PM

Well since Ive posted this ive been trying to eat breakfast everyday and as far as getting a lunch at work goes ive worked there for 3 weeks now and have only eaten 1 time lol She keeps me at just under 8 hours a day and I tend to get off around 10 0clock so I dont want to eat that late but I try to eat fruit or something. Just mainly my stress is whats killing me when I have a moment to relax- eat I think about all the crap thats going on and I just have no urge to eat uggggg I just am trying to better my life right now and be healthy well I shoulda known it would have been harder lol

VISIT WEBSITE
DOCTOR PROFILE
Old 10-13-2009, 08:57 PM

Miss_Emily is on a distinguished road
Originally Posted by Tirby View Post
Well since Ive posted this ive been trying to eat breakfast everyday and as far as getting a lunch at work goes ive worked there for 3 weeks now and have only eaten 1 time lol She keeps me at just under 8 hours a day and I tend to get off around 10 0clock so I dont want to eat that late but I try to eat fruit or something. Just mainly my stress is whats killing me when I have a moment to relax- eat I think about all the crap thats going on and I just have no urge to eat uggggg I just am trying to better my life right now and be healthy well I shoulda known it would have been harder lol
Either the day of or night before you go to work, pack yourself lunch, dinner, and some snacks. I have odd work hours so that's what I do, and it helps, and saves me money from buying anything. This way you monitor what you eat. Like for lunch I'll have take with me a salad with some chicken, or left overs from the night before. Some fruit for a snack and for diner lean meat (i.e. chicken, tuna) with veggies and dessert, jell-o or chocolate pudding. I know the pudding isn't that great, but I blieve in a treat every once in a while.

Eat 5-6 times a day and keep doing your excerises. Make sure to change up your excersises every 3 weeks.

Good luck!
Old 10-14-2009, 08:03 AM

courtneylove is on a distinguished road
Since u mentioned earlier than u like to only eat once a day I thought u might find this diet interesting. Its called Intermittent Fasting.There is a free ebook on it that u can download, its pretty short and explains it all. Ive done this and it does work.
http://www.fast-5.com/index.html

Summary of the diet:
http://www.fast-5.com/F5Summary.html

Q&A:
http://www.fast-5.com/faq.html

The book goes into more detail and the science behind it. I like to use it on the weekends as a way to be able to eat out dinner and have drinks without worrying about gaining weight or messing my diet up. This past weekend I did it all 3 days, ate what I wanted every evening and had drinks, and lost a pound. Its pretty interesting.
I know most people, inlcluding myself feel a healthy balanced diet eaten every 3-4 hours is best for lifetime habits of health and weight loss. So I only suggest this since u seem to really like the idea of eating once a day and thought maybe this would be something that worked well for u then.
Best wishes.
Old 10-14-2009, 10:31 PM

Thanks again all of you I try to eat at work but last time I asked my boss laughed at me and said do you not see how busy it is!! So eh I'll try to eat lunch at work lol. its not that I work all day its the schedule she has me on I'll work late one night early the next ect.

VISIT WEBSITE
DOCTOR PROFILE
Old 10-16-2009, 07:16 AM

courtneylove is on a distinguished road
Thanks again all of you I try to eat at work but last time I asked my boss laughed at me and said do you not see how busy it is!! So eh I'll try to eat lunch at work lol. its not that I work all day its the schedule she has me on I'll work late one night early the next ect.
Well it can be done! Believe me! SOme jobs I stashed a string chs and almonds in zip lock and ate them real fast on a bathroom break! lol
Grapes are great too! haha
Anything u can get sometimes!
Old 10-16-2009, 07:46 AM

apee is on a distinguished road
I like those carrot stick packs with ranch they are only like 70 calories. My mom is just like you. She will eat once a day b/c she is not hungry in the morning, works all day with kids and is so busy, gets home naps then finally remembers to eat at dinner. She'll ask me "WHy am I big and cannot lose weight" I always tell her eat more! I swear I screwed myself up when I was 19. I took diet pills and lost 25 lbs in 2-3 weeks. I was 90lbs and a mess. But funny thing is was I ate well b/c I wasn't hungry for junk. I know you eat well so I would just try to throw in some quick snacks for when you are at work and maybe on the way home. Choose things that jump start your metabolism. You can google a whole list of foods. It's funny but when I don't really think about it is when I lose a few lbs. Go figure?