Go Back   Just Breast Implants Forum Women's Beauty, Health, and Fitness

|
Forgot Username/Password?
Forum Home Blogs FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Women's Beauty, Health, and Fitness Use this forum to discuss beauty products, hair care, diets, fitness, etc.

Wrist Tattoos?

Reply Subscribe
Old 11-02-2009, 09:30 PM

bee318 is on a distinguished road
Wrist Tattoos?

I hope I'm posting this in the right place...

I have wanted a wrist tattoo for a very very very long time but just am not 100% sure how I feel about the placement.

I want the word "strength" in cursive as an Ambigram (I believe that's what it's called, you can read the same word forward as you can backwards).

Any opinions or advice? Even if you think it sounds super lame let me know!

Thanks
Old 11-02-2009, 09:34 PM

AllButtNoBoobs is on a distinguished road
I think wrist tattoos are really cute.. I think yours sounds like it will look great!
The Following User Says Thank You to AllButtNoBoobs For This Useful Post:
Old 11-02-2009, 09:35 PM

brunettebeauty is on a distinguished road
I have one on inside wrist and on two knuckles and i love them!!! Go for it! You only live once!!!
The Following User Says Thank You to brunettebeauty For This Useful Post:
Old 11-02-2009, 09:41 PM

Yeah and it's actually extremely meaningful. I want it on my wrist so I'm constantly reminded of what I want to be reminded of lol
Old 11-02-2009, 09:55 PM

Victorious* has a spectacular aura Victorious* has a spectacular aura
Im in the same situation. Ive been thinking about it for a while and my wrist is the only place I have wanted to get one.
I too am just worried, Ive been going back and forth with myself forever just worrying about it...Should I? Shouldnt I? Well you know what I mean and just in general, its your decision and only you can decide if a tattoo is right for you. Have fun!
The Following User Says Thank You to Victorious* For This Useful Post:
Old 11-02-2009, 09:59 PM

Originally Posted by VictoriaC View Post
Im in the same situation. Ive been thinking about it for a while and my wrist is the only place I have wanted to get one.
I too am just worried, Ive been going back and forth with myself forever just worrying about it...Should I? Shouldnt I? Well you know what I mean and just in general, its your decision and only you can decide if a tattoo is right for you. Have fun!
Yeah it's a little more difficult to decide when it's something that's hard to cover up. I've been wanting it for a long time now I just am curious as to what other people have to say about their own experience. Thanks!
Old 11-02-2009, 09:59 PM

mai52takn is on a distinguished road
My sister, has my daughters middle name Hope on the inside of her wrist. It faces her if she holds her wrist out - so she can read it. Its just under her wrist "wrinkles" on the inside/underside of the wrist.

Its beautiful

She will be getting Faith, my other daughters middle name on the other wrist.

Good luck! I think wrist tattoos are beautiful!
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to mai52takn For This Useful Post:
Old 11-02-2009, 10:16 PM

ILTSOY05 will become famous soon enough
I used to manage a tattoo studio and alot of people, mainly girls, got wrist tattoos.. Most were small and dainty. The thing you need to remember is that an ambigram is usually very detailed due to the type of script and the necessity of it to be legible.. Are you having the ambigram go completely around your wrist or just on 1/2? If you want something that can be fairly well concealed, it would be ideal to have it only on one side of your wrist.. Most people don't see the palm side of your wrist... So it's easier to hide.. I have DH's name on my wrist in script and 90% of the time no one knows I have it unless I flip my hand palm side up.. Now, that being said, an ambigram on your wrist seems like it would be very crowded if only going on one side.. How big were u thinking about going as far as the tattoo itself? You don't want to have it so small that the word gets jumbled together and you have a hard time reading/understanding it.. If you are considering this tattoo, I would highly recommend having a consult with your artist so that he/she can tailor it to what you want and have it come out correctly.. Your artsist would be able to tweak it and resize it to fit your wrist...

Good luck! And as always, PLEASE make sure ur artist/tattoo parlor is clean, uses proper sanitation techniques, sterile needles, etc..
The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to ILTSOY05 For This Useful Post:
Old 11-02-2009, 10:35 PM

Tirby is on a distinguished road
I did not read all the replys and dont know if someone has said this already if so sorry. I love wrist tattoos but sometimes they can affect you getting a job for instance 1 of my friend works at arbys and she got 1 she just had to cover it up witha wrist band at work no big deal. my other friend tried to apply at a few places and she said because she has wrist tattoos they could not hire her even though she could cover them up. I think most of the time u can just cover them up I'm not saying not to get one just to take it into account. you may already gone to a trade school for all I know so this may not be helpfull lol. I dont think the tattoo you want sounds ugly at all. I think wrist tattoos are like tattoos you would put on a small place anywhere else on your body lol.

Tirby's plastic surgeon is Christopher Pelletiere, MD
VISIT WEBSITE
DOCTOR PROFILE
The Following User Says Thank You to Tirby For This Useful Post:
Old 11-02-2009, 10:38 PM
1000cc YAY! Thanks to all my JBI sisters for support!

Genie will become famous soon enough
Get it! You'll love it. I have one on my left wrist (small heart) that matches the one on my foot. One on my foot is "I hate & I love" in latin with a small heart attached.
The Following User Says Thank You to Genie For This Useful Post:
Old 11-02-2009, 10:42 PM

WildBerry is on a distinguished road
i have my hubbys name in a beautiful script on my inside wrist... no one notices unless i flip my hand over and i LOVE it!!!! it is my favorite place of all my tattoos. i figure if the occasion calls for it i can cover it with a bracelet or watch
The Following User Says Thank You to WildBerry For This Useful Post:
Old 11-02-2009, 11:17 PM

Originally Posted by jlp_brk02 View Post
I used to manage a tattoo studio and alot of people, mainly girls, got wrist tattoos.. Most were small and dainty. The thing you need to remember is that an ambigram is usually very detailed due to the type of script and the necessity of it to be legible.. Are you having the ambigram go completely around your wrist or just on 1/2? If you want something that can be fairly well concealed, it would be ideal to have it only on one side of your wrist.. Most people don't see the palm side of your wrist... So it's easier to hide.. I have DH's name on my wrist in script and 90% of the time no one knows I have it unless I flip my hand palm side up.. Now, that being said, an ambigram on your wrist seems like it would be very crowded if only going on one side.. How big were u thinking about going as far as the tattoo itself? You don't want to have it so small that the word gets jumbled together and you have a hard time reading/understanding it.. If you are considering this tattoo, I would highly recommend having a consult with your artist so that he/she can tailor it to what you want and have it come out correctly.. Your artsist would be able to tweak it and resize it to fit your wrist...

Good luck! And as always, PLEASE make sure ur artist/tattoo parlor is clean, uses proper sanitation techniques, sterile needles, etc..
Thanks for the info! I didn't really consider how big it'd have to be if it was an ambigram...if it's too big or won't work then I'll be happy with just the word printed regularly. I was just thinking the underside of my wrist.
Old 11-03-2009, 12:49 AM
I <3 boobs

Cupcake85 is a jewel in the rough Cupcake85 is a jewel in the rough Cupcake85 is a jewel in the rough Cupcake85 is a jewel in the rough
Great place for a tatt! It's easily covered up with sleeves and in the summer by jewellery like a big bangle or those watches that look like a bangle (if you need to cover it up or just want to hide it). I have a tatt across my lower back and I'm planning my next one. I'll prob go for my foot or inside wrist. jlp_brk02 brought up a good point about the design you want fitting you may need to rethink the design if it's not going to fit or decide on another placement for it. By the way I think the tatt meaning is beautiful
The Following User Says Thank You to Cupcake85 For This Useful Post:
Old 11-03-2009, 07:25 AM

Katyaelena is on a distinguished road
I love that placement, and I would most def. get a tattoo there if it wasn't for the fact (as some have said) that it might limit my job options in the future. If i was older though, and I knew I was going to work the job I was at till I retire, and that place didn't care about visible tattoos, then i'd go for it.
The Following User Says Thank You to Katyaelena For This Useful Post:
Old 11-03-2009, 07:39 AM

Gypsyrose has a spectacular aura Gypsyrose has a spectacular aura Gypsyrose has a spectacular aura
I agree with everyone... I have one on each wrist... A celtic ruin meaning good health on the right , and my massage hands on the other.

My only suggestion is for placement... try on bracelets.. and see where they are when you put them on for covering them if you need to due to work.

And, if you go to a job interview just cover it they make perfect makeup for that Best of luck to you.
The Following User Says Thank You to Gypsyrose For This Useful Post:
Old 11-03-2009, 09:06 AM
Resident Snowboarder

fashnvictm is on a distinguished road
I love ambigrams!!!

I have a rather large wrist tattoo on my left wrist and it always gets comments.
The Following User Says Thank You to fashnvictm For This Useful Post:
Old 11-03-2009, 09:28 AM

tequila is on a distinguished road
Originally Posted by brunettebeauty View Post
I have one on inside wrist and on two knuckles and i love them!!! Go for it! You only live once!!!
I love your tatto on your side that is so cool looking.Sending you a fr. And bee318 that wrist tatto sounds like a rely cool idea.
The Following User Says Thank You to tequila For This Useful Post:
Old 11-03-2009, 10:00 AM
Hello!

fashion101 is on a distinguished road
I really like ambigrams tattoos
The Following User Says Thank You to fashion101 For This Useful Post:
Old 11-03-2009, 02:06 PM

Yeah my friend has some awesome tattoo cover up she uses every once in a while at work when she has business meetings. I don't think it'd be too hard to cover up if needed.

Well I will definitely see if the ambigram would work on that specific spot if not I'll go with just a regular script because I really want it to be somewhere I can constantly see it.

Do any of you have pics to post?

Thanks
Old 11-03-2009, 03:07 PM

GoodKarma is on a distinguished road
I say go for it! I have Karma tattooed on my right wrist and I researched the font forever until I found the one I loved. I have no regrets.
The Following User Says Thank You to GoodKarma For This Useful Post:
Reply Subscribe