Go Back   Just Breast Implants Forum Women's Beauty, Health, and Fitness

|
Forgot Username/Password?
Forum Home Blogs FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Women's Beauty, Health, and Fitness Use this forum to discuss beauty products, hair care, diets, fitness, etc.

Body wraps

Old 11-04-2009, 12:12 PM

CAlady is on a distinguished road
Body wraps

Im wondering if it's worth getting a body wrap...Have any of you ladies had a body wrap before? do you really lose inches and does it reduce cellulite/strectchmarks?

Thanks!
Old 11-04-2009, 12:16 PM
Holy crap! I wear a 34F (thank you Fredericks!!)

LadyJ1015 is on a distinguished road
My husband has gotten them before being taped (for the Army) and its helped him lose a little (enough to barely squeak by). He got me a spa package for our anniversary so I will be getting one done before going into have my BA.
Old 11-04-2009, 12:38 PM
CLM

CLM will become famous soon enough
I have heard you mostly loose water weight. I guess if you had an event or special occassion......a wrap might help you fit into or feel more firm in an outfit. But I don't think the results are permanent.
Old 11-04-2009, 12:42 PM

Gypsyrose has a spectacular aura Gypsyrose has a spectacular aura Gypsyrose has a spectacular aura
I give wraps... you do lose some measurement... it is not water weight because you are instructed to rehydrate immediately... what it is is compression... your body is given a new form and the water helps to keep the elasticity in the skin to maintain that form...

best best is to get the wrap and then a lymphatic drainage massage immediately following
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Gypsyrose For This Useful Post:
Old 11-04-2009, 12:48 PM

lilmissjones is on a distinguished road
I had a body wrap in August but mine wasn't the sea weed wrap... mine was one for dry/sensitive skin. It made my skin so soft and smooth! I can't say that it was exactly relaxing or that I lost any weight from it but I would consider doing it again just b/c my skin felt so great afterwards. I did mine in a package with a massage and facial.

VISIT WEBSITE
DOCTOR PROFILE
The Following User Says Thank You to lilmissjones For This Useful Post:
Old 11-04-2009, 01:59 PM

Gypsyrose has a spectacular aura Gypsyrose has a spectacular aura Gypsyrose has a spectacular aura
Oh I forgot.... the wrap is a Euro wrap... you get wrapped up in ace bandages to look like a mummy then put in a plastic suit. Make sure the practitioner is licensed and NEVER do a heat wrap alone or yourself. You could get heat exhaustion. If you get too uncomfortable in the wrp ask to be let out
The Following User Says Thank You to Gypsyrose For This Useful Post:
Old 11-05-2009, 07:46 PM

NewBoobs? is on a distinguished road
I've heard that with some of the wraps they also make you do some physical activity for a period of time, is that true?
Old 11-06-2009, 11:47 AM

CAlady is on a distinguished road
Originally Posted by NewBoobs? View Post
I've heard that with some of the wraps they also make you do some physical activity for a period of time, is that true?
I've heard of that too. Like walking a treadmill or doing some type of exercise... I guess it depends on the type of wrap and the results you want to achieve.
Old 11-09-2009, 06:38 AM

None of the wraps I did had anyone exercise, but I am sure there are some that do