Go Back   Just Breast Implants Forum Women's Beauty, Health, and Fitness

|
Forgot Username/Password?
Forum Home Blogs FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Women's Beauty, Health, and Fitness Use this forum to discuss beauty products, hair care, diets, fitness, etc.

Amazon green contacts

Old 11-08-2009, 10:12 AM

delia21 is on a distinguished road
Amazon green contacts

So i ordered for the first time a set of contacts not only with dioptria, but also colored, namely the Soft Lens Natural Colors Amazon Green. I am such a dork though, I tried on like 10 diff. colors and then said "I want the intense green" (my eyes are a dark green, however I wanted smth more intense yet lighter), so the lady says "i think it was the amazon". And I didnt double check (never do argh), and now one of my friends says amazon is like the darkest shade of green which will prob bring no difference to my current eye color.

So just for my peace of mind-did anyone have the amazon green and thought they looked spectacular?? Thanks in advance, luv ya all
Old 11-08-2009, 01:43 PM
mprs

mprs will become famous soon enough
Question

I really have no idea, but I have always been interested in getting some colored contacts. I tried them on many years ago, and they not only were a better color when I had them out, but I did not know if I could stand having them in, as I wasnt use to it at all. Did you get the same feeling at first? My eyes are a medium green with a sort of spark of yellow around the irus. (the dark ball inside the eye). I would want to change to like a turquise, or a lighter brighter green. What colors/brands did you try on, and what colors did you like??

If I were you, and don't like them, I would go back and tell them exactly what you told us, that the lady said the Amazon Green was the color you liked, and that was not the right color.

By the way, what is dioptria? I am getting an eye exam next week, and I am going to look into this.
The Following User Says Thank You to mprs For This Useful Post:
Old 11-09-2009, 12:30 AM

Oh I have had the weird feeling of "its not me" first time I tried them on. But after you get used to them for a few minutes, they dont seem as strange.

I have only tried on Bausch &Lomb Natural Colors, pretty much all of them, from Emerald Green to pacific Blue. I liked the Topaz Grey a lot, but they looked a bit fake/ish, so I decided to go with smth more natural. If you have light eyes anything will look spectacular on you. Johnson's have some amazingly natural shades of blue, def worth it checking out.

I have been wearing contact forever lol so I dont think they are uncomfortable to have in, you just have to get used to them, and if you use some artificial tears you should be fine.

Oh dioptria...thats a direct translation form German lol. Its the strength of the lenses (?)..like I have -6, thats what it is..no idea how to explain it otherwise lol .

Good luck with your eye exam! And I def recommend colored contacts for a super sexy look
Old 11-14-2009, 10:15 AM

Update: I LOVE the amazon green!!! I got them today, they arent as different from my own shade of green, they look natural yet lighter and sexy IMO! Def worth it the investement
Old 11-14-2009, 11:15 AM
mprs

I'm so glad you love them! And I am also going to try them on. I just came back from my eye exam, and I pretty much have 20/20 (amazingly so at my age!) so I think I'm going to get a color for just going out. I didnt get them there because it was too expensive, like $250. (dioptria or clear!). So I am going to try WalMart.
Where did you get yours? How much $? What other colors did you like on yourself? It sound like that color would be good for me too, but since I'm there I'm gonna try on a few more colors.
SOOOOOO happy for you. Have a GREAT weekend!
Old 11-14-2009, 11:44 AM

Originally Posted by mprs View Post
I'm so glad you love them! And I am also going to try them on. I just came back from my eye exam, and I pretty much have 20/20 (amazingly so at my age!) so I think I'm going to get a color for just going out. I didnt get them there because it was too expensive, like $250. (dioptria or clear!). So I am going to try WalMart.
Where did you get yours? How much $? What other colors did you like on yourself? It sound like that color would be good for me too, but since I'm there I'm gonna try on a few more colors.
SOOOOOO happy for you. Have a GREAT weekend!
Thank you so much sweety!! And happy for your test!! Woah I am jealous..I a 22 and blind as a bat with my nearsightness haha (lasik here i come).

I got mine at a local glasses and contatcs shop, it was like 150 euros, not too expensive i would say, plus they are bausch and lomb, supposingly soem of the best.

I loved the topaz grey, absolutely amazing, yet a tad unnatural on my eyes, and then there is the emerald green which is sooo spectacular, I think you would love it, its very intense yet for my eyes a bit too drak. I think it would look awesome on blue eyes though. Regardless, you should try them beforehand if you can bc they tend to look different depeinding on your eye color. I think a more intense green would be splenidid for you, either the amazon or emerald. Def keep me posted with what you decide!!

(((hugs)))
Old 11-14-2009, 12:33 PM
mprs

Smile

COOL! How long did it take to get them once you ordered them? I am gonna go to WalMart, or find a place were they will let me try them on for free first. But if they look good and I can stand them in my eyes, I really really want to order them.

I go in for my revision surgery on Dec 1, so we be leaving NJ or Nashville on Nov 29th. If I ordered them this week, do you think I will get them by then??

Did you have to pay for the exam (or consultation) before the contacts? I am just getting clear ones anyway.

HAVE FUN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
(Hopefully I'll have nice boobies soon!!!)
Old 11-14-2009, 01:28 PM

HockeyBabe17 is a jewel in the rough HockeyBabe17 is a jewel in the rough HockeyBabe17 is a jewel in the rough
I'm not sure if they still do this, but my friend used to be able to order samples of the colors she wanted (from the Freshlook website) and they would send different colors (but only one of each) and it was super cheap.. not sure if you can still do that cause this was a while ago, but might help if you were looking for a way to test some colors out then when you actually ordered them they would send a set of the color you selected. Maybe check if you can still do that.. I'm pretty sure the brand was Freshlook or something. I live in Canada right now and where I am, you can get colored contacts from eyeglasses stores!
Old 11-15-2009, 02:52 AM

Originally Posted by mprs View Post
COOL! How long did it take to get them once you ordered them? I am gonna go to WalMart, or find a place were they will let me try them on for free first. But if they look good and I can stand them in my eyes, I really really want to order them.

I go in for my revision surgery on Dec 1, so we be leaving NJ or Nashville on Nov 29th. If I ordered them this week, do you think I will get them by then??

Did you have to pay for the exam (or consultation) before the contacts? I am just getting clear ones anyway.

HAVE FUN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
(Hopefully I'll have nice boobies soon!!!)

Sweety, first of all let me tell you I am keeping my fingers for your bobbies to turn out perfectly!! Hockeybabe gave you a great idea, I think you could try that, I have never done it, btu it sounds as if it might work. I didnt have to pay for the consultation since i am an old costumer of that eyeglasses shop, but i think you normally would have to (of course only if you have vision issues, not just fo trying colored ones on). I had to wait for a few weeks for them, but if you only need colored and esp. if you order online you should get them in a few days.

Best of luck to you sweetheart!!
Old 11-15-2009, 07:25 AM
mprs

Unhappy Help! Hair came too light!

Thank you girls so much! Gosh, you are great!!!
Now I have another problem. I had nice light golden blonde hair (natural streaks and all without having to put them in), and I never realized it so much, UNTIL, last night I used Loreal Super Blonde Lightening Kit! It is too yellow! And I have Olive Skin, so it looks horrible! And my husband did the back for me and missed a bunch of spots (because he doesnt listen to me when I say you have to saturate it!), and I look like a tiger, and more horrible. Any suggestions! Could I color over hair that was just bleached last night??? (Super Blonde Lightening Kit is just bleach, no color.)
Old 11-15-2009, 10:21 AM

Oh sweety so sorry to hear about your hair...I have never used hair bleach, but I assume you could cover it up for a while if you try a non ammonia product (like Casting L'oreal) in say a shade of light brown or smth..Gosh i wish I could help more...maybe start a separate thread? I m sure other girls might know better. Keeping my fingers crossed sweety!!
Old 11-15-2009, 10:37 AM
mprs

Red face

Thank you so much for caring! I am on my way to Sally's Beauty Supply to let them see it! And was really gets me mad is my hair looked pretty good before. I got a lot of compliment about the color! I am so stupid. WOMEN!