Go Back   Just Breast Implants Forum Women's Beauty, Health, and Fitness

|
Forgot Username/Password?
Forum Home Blogs FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Women's Beauty, Health, and Fitness Use this forum to discuss beauty products, hair care, diets, fitness, etc.

Taking out a piercing?

Old 01-01-2010, 09:44 PM

TrickyNikki will become famous soon enough
Taking out a piercing?

I have had my nose pierced for about 3 years now, I got it done when I was 18, and feel like it is kind of childish now.. but I still think it is cute! Since I have to take it out for my BA anyways, I was considering just letting it close up. I am worried I might miss it, but wouldnt go through getting it pierced again. It is the only other part of my body I have pierced besides my ears, and am wondering if anyone felt sad or wished they hadn't removed a piercing?

I do have to admit the nose piercing gets kind of annoying at times, like when it gets caught on a towel, or has boogers on it (TMI) lol but I feel like it is a part of me. I dont know why this decision is so hard for me!
Old 01-01-2010, 09:49 PM

BrookSmiles will become famous soon enough BrookSmiles will become famous soon enough
I never had one in my nose but did have one on the upper ear. I liked it, got it when I was 16 and when I met my dh when I was 18 he said he didn't like it. So I took it out. I was a little sad at first because idk, it was something "cool" and what I thought cute. After a while I got used to it and am happy I took it out. Of course you know you can always try it and if you want it back just go get it redone.
Old 01-01-2010, 10:35 PM

cali74 is on a distinguished road
Well Im 35 and I love having my nose pierced. I just have a tiny stud and you can barely see it.
If you decide to keep it they do make clear piercings that you can put in so the hole doesnt close up.
Old 01-01-2010, 10:51 PM

Originally Posted by cali74 View Post
Well Im 35 and I love having my nose pierced. I just have a tiny stud and you can barely see it.
If you decide to keep it they do make clear piercings that you can put in so the hole doesnt close up.
I have a lot of friends in their thirties that have nose piercings and love them, but I feel like since I am only 21, it still makes me look like I am 16 or something. I dont think it will close up during surgery since I have had it for a long time, but if it does close up, then I guess I will leave it that way!
Old 01-01-2010, 10:53 PM

catsmeow72 is on a distinguished road
i've had my ears (2 on one and 3 on the other), nose, navel and tongue pierced and i basically took them all out (except for the earrings) when i was pregnant with my first child. they have all closed up and i miss them all!

catsmeow72's plastic surgeon is Joseph Cruise, MD
VISIT WEBSITE
DOCTOR PROFILE
Old 01-01-2010, 11:53 PM
Bre

Bre is on a distinguished road
I took my tragus piercing out while I was looking for a job and left it out. It stayed open for about 5 months despite the fact that I didn't even check to see if it was open until then. I kinda miss it, but , eh, it's nice to move on - it's not a part of me.
Old 01-02-2010, 01:00 AM

jenn19michelle is on a distinguished road
I've had mine since 18 too I took mine out at 20 because I couldn't have it in at clinicals for my xray program and I miss it. I will be getting mine redone as soon as I graduate in may it's like a piece of me lol I'm 21 now and I'll keep mine as long as I'm feeling cute. I don't think u can outgrow it
Old 01-02-2010, 06:16 AM
I <3 boobs

Cupcake85 is a jewel in the rough Cupcake85 is a jewel in the rough Cupcake85 is a jewel in the rough Cupcake85 is a jewel in the rough
The fact you aren't sure if you should take it out says to me that you would miss it and aren't ready. You will know when the times right
Old 01-02-2010, 09:25 AM

Originally Posted by Ellie View Post
The fact you aren't sure if you should take it out says to me that you would miss it and aren't ready. You will know when the times right
Thanks, you are probably right.
Old 01-02-2010, 10:16 AM

lippydame86 will become famous soon enough lippydame86 will become famous soon enough
I've had two nostril piercings, septum, and monroe {{{aside from ears and belly button}}} and I have taken them all out. Granted, I never had more than one at a time but when I felt like moving on to something new I did. The last piercing I had when DH and I were TTC was my septum and I took it out because I didn't want to be a mommy with a bull ring. Sometimes I miss them but they aren't part of who I am anymore. I agree that when the time is right you'll know and you'll take it out really without question.
Old 01-02-2010, 10:18 AM

Demitra is on a distinguished road
I had my eyebrow re-pierced to go deeper ( it had been pierced for 12 years and was too shallow) anyways long story short it got infected after the re-piercing - I was DEVASTATED when I realised I had to take it out..

I still miss it. I had it for 13 years...) It was my little piece of "funky"...sigh
Old 01-02-2010, 10:30 AM

hubbyskitty75 is on a distinguished road
Ive had my belly pierced since I was 18, now 6 years. I took it out for both pregnancies and it was still open. I feel naked without it and I believe as long as you can pull it off it doesnt matter the age. I also have 4 piercings on each ear but I dont wear them all at the same time. It all depends where im going and who im with. I had my tounge pierced since I was 18 (before the belly) and it is still open even though Ive only worn it a few times. I guess my body heals extra dast and keeps the holes, lol.
Old 01-03-2010, 10:34 PM

EllaB is on a distinguished road
I'm with Ellie and Hubbyskitty - you'll know when the time is right. It's a part of you and you might miss it! I had my belly pierced when I was 16 and had a big debate in front of the mirror the other day on whether I should take it out... I eventually did... but about 5 min later ran and put it back in! Like Hubbyskitty said, you feel naked without it. Maybe give it a trial run and see how it goes?? Just don't do anything unless it makes you happy!
Old 01-03-2010, 10:39 PM

hbmommy is on a distinguished road
i was on the fence about my belly piercing and took it out after my surgery...didn't put it back in. miss it a teeeeeny bit
Old 01-03-2010, 10:48 PM

sarah916 is on a distinguished road
i had my nose pierced twice... i took it out once for a flag football game and lost it and forgot to buy a new one in time... so a few months later I got it repierced. I was in europe the summer before I graduated and I decided to take that and my tounge ring out bc I was going to be job hunting... and I was 23 and thought it was about time to have a professional look.

I LOVED my nose ring (except for the reasons you listed as well..) and I do miss having it since it was so cute and it reminded me of being young and in college and having fun... but it was best for me. I could have done without the tougne ring tho... that got old quick.

If you like it, keep it. You're not too old for it. If you dont have reasons to get rid of it other than that, i'd keep it.
Old 01-04-2010, 12:14 AM

Katyaelena is on a distinguished road
Hey I pierced my own nose when I was 16, Had it until I was 19 and then it got to be a pain the the ass cause nose rings are all a pain in the ass! well I'm 22 now and about a month or two ago I was cleaning my room and found my old nose rings and suprise suprise They all still fit!!!

I also have my lip pierced 3 times, allthough i kinda have outgrown my piercings, I still love them.... I don't really want to wear them often, yet I cant accept the idea of me NOT having my lip pierced 3 times...

I had my BA when I was 20 & 21 and had my middle of my lip pierced at 19 and 8 months later still @ 19 got my snake bites...

My solution now is I sleep with hoops in my piercings every other day, I dont wear my piercings in my day to day life anymore... I'm not sure where i'm going with keeping them open and not wearing them but i love them too much to let them go

so i understand what your saying & also if youve had your piercing for over 6mo it should stand a few days without having jewelry in it
Old 01-04-2010, 12:48 AM
Love em! <3

Mysterie is on a distinguished road
I've had every piercing imaginable when I was younger and now I only have my 00 gauge earrings and my belly ring. But I had to take them all off to look more presentable at work. I'm sad that they are gone but I guess it's not accepting in a lot of work places yet. : /
Old 01-04-2010, 09:47 AM

Yeah from reading all of your responses, I have come to realize that I dont want to part ways with my nose ring! Not yet! I will probably take it out when I graduate college and on the hunt for a "real" job. But thats not for a few years..