Go Back   Just Breast Implants Forum Women's Beauty, Health, and Fitness

|
Forgot Username/Password?
Forum Home Blogs FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Women's Beauty, Health, and Fitness Use this forum to discuss beauty products, hair care, diets, fitness, etc.

I have to ask...

Old 01-20-2010, 07:24 PM

DaMomma is on a distinguished road
I have to ask...

So everyone loves breasts, and Victoria's Secret brought breasts into everyone's living rooms... so why the heck do they have a 12-yr-old on the swimsuit cover? I also noticed many small chested models throughout the entire catalogue...whassup with that?
Old 01-20-2010, 07:30 PM
Much to be Thankful for :)

Dare is a name known to all Dare is a name known to all Dare is a name known to all Dare is a name known to all Dare is a name known to all Dare is a name known to all
I've noticed the trend towards more natural/smaller breasts in fashion for about a year. It's cyclical. Big Bam Boobs will be back in fashion again someday, but I do think they're kinda "out" for now.

In the end, we live our lives, not a fashion spread, day to day with a reality that should be fulfilled in whatever way we as individuals most feel comfortable and attractive. For me, no matter what size tata's the fashion industry is touting, that means larger than average boobs. JMO
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Dare For This Useful Post:
Old 01-20-2010, 08:01 PM

MrsNewBoobie is on a distinguished road
I used to model........and was comfortable with my small breasts then....because I booked jobs. Now, that its not about a pay check, and its about how I feel....i want them bigger.
Fashion/entertainment will always have it own view of what is pretty/sexy. but its really internal, personal for each and every women.
One will never be perfect in the eys of the media....But, I will be perfect in my own image, becuase I am perfect in "his."
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to MrsNewBoobie For This Useful Post:
Old 01-20-2010, 08:08 PM

HockeyBabe17 is a jewel in the rough HockeyBabe17 is a jewel in the rough HockeyBabe17 is a jewel in the rough
I model and have DD's, but I'm also only 5'5 and do mostly swimwear/lingerie as opposed to "fashion". Not gonna lie, I don't like the VS trend towards smaller girls either... I think it's great that not everyone has huge boobs, but I think they should use a mixture of both in their advertising! Why shun big boobies? And when did boobs become a fashion trend that's either "in" or "out"?? lol they're a body part, not a pair of low rise jeans!

I do think it's stupid though to advertise bras with flat models... because most women that need a bra, need it to support/shape their breasts! So why advertise bras on girls who don't really need them, ya know? Maybe we should all write complaint letters :P
The Following User Says Thank You to HockeyBabe17 For This Useful Post:
Old 01-21-2010, 06:05 AM

Smrtcpa1 is on a distinguished road
I just got the same catalogue last week - and thought good heavens - I FINALLY have boobs and the freaking swimsuit models all have my old boobs! Part of it is probably perception on my part - I always noticed anyone that was bigger before.

My dh now will see someone on TV and go "yours are bigger" ;-) Love that
The Following User Says Thank You to Smrtcpa1 For This Useful Post:
Old 01-21-2010, 10:12 AM

Nancydrew is on a distinguished road
Thank you GOD, that some other women got their VS magazine in the mail and thought.....WTF??!

I agree that there should me models of all breast sizes in there to showcase what the famous VS bras can do for all women. But the models they are using for VS more and more resemble their "VS Pink" line of 9th grade girls with the pouty look.

I used to adore and envy watching the Marissa Millers', Heidi Klums' and Tyra Banks' of the day - modeling sexy clothing, bras, and do the Angels runway show. That's what put VA on the map to a lot of people. I am dissapointed that they are straying so far from their roots to become more RUNWAY influenced. 80% of their models now are runway girls - and we all know they have no boobs, and are skinny as hell.

I guess I might have been envious of the big breasted women in VS when I was younger, but at least their bodies were more 'womanly.' This current fad of VS models has traded the breast envy - for skinny/youth envy.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Nancydrew For This Useful Post:
Old 01-21-2010, 11:23 AM

Nancydrew... I was trying to be nice, but your first sentence... that's exactly how I felt! Thx... I thought I was the only one.
The Following User Says Thank You to DaMomma For This Useful Post:
Old 01-21-2010, 11:28 AM

BrookSmiles will become famous soon enough BrookSmiles will become famous soon enough
Hmm maybe they all just seem smaller now that we have bigger ones????
I noticed they are all on the smaller size now to. But I figure it is like as we get older 24 year olds look YOUNG lol. So as our boobs get bigger everyone elses seem smaller
Old 01-21-2010, 11:33 AM

lilseven777 is an unknown quantity at this point
Originally Posted by DaMomma View Post
So everyone loves breasts, and Victoria's Secret brought breasts into everyone's living rooms... so why the heck do they have a 12-yr-old on the swimsuit cover? I also noticed many small chested models throughout the entire catalogue...whassup with that?
i noticed toooooooooo! i think they finally realized small breast can be sexy too!
Old 01-21-2010, 11:35 AM

lilseven777 is an unknown quantity at this point
Originally Posted by Smrtcpa1 View Post
I just got the same catalogue last week - and thought good heavens - I FINALLY have boobs and the freaking swimsuit models all have my old boobs! Part of it is probably perception on my part - I always noticed anyone that was bigger before.

hahaha mine tooo he says oooooooo urs are so much better and grabs them in celebration
Old 01-21-2010, 03:43 PM
mprs

mprs will become famous soon enough
I noticed the same thing! Well, I do think little boobs are 'back in style', but I've already got mine, and wouldnt give them up. I got sick of having to wear all that padding all of the time! Especially in a bathing suit!!! ****, everytime I put on a bra with no lining I feel super! Yes, these girls are flat and skinny, and they are all the same. I also feel they should mix them up, it's VS for Ch Sakes!!!

But in the end, in NORMAL life, the person who gets the most noticed, is the person with the Most Confidence! So, say if you were at a party next week, and a girl with 'small boobs' walks in, and she isnt secure with herself (which most are insecure because they are not super-models, and don't have the rest of the package!), OR the one with the larger boobs who loves them and shows it, WHO do you think is going to get noticed more!
Old 01-22-2010, 08:09 PM
mprs

Thumbs up

I have to agree that larger boobs are the only thing that makes us 'womanly'. If you want to look at my before pictures you can see that for 55 yearsI didnt think I was not sexy because I didnt have larger breasts. And I do think it's about time that they made that public in the lingerie world. And I actually do think that smaller boobs go better with smaller bodies. But I so happen to have a curvier body, and I think larger boobs enhance my body better.

I just think girls should be happy with what they have, and if having larger breasts make them happy and more secure than go for it. If you are satisfied with what you have, more power ya.

We are woman, hear us roar!
Old 01-23-2010, 12:45 AM

babyy is on a distinguished road
Funny, I thought I was the only one that noticed that the VS models seemed to have smaller boobs. Also there are certain celebrities that seem to have downsized. I think the trend is going toward smaller more natural boobs bc EVERYONE seems to have implants now. I don't go clubbing much anymore, but a bunch of us went last weekend and I was shocked how many girls had huge boobs. Even in our group, all the girls have implants. I personally, like the smaller, perkier full B, C cup look now. It's definitely a personal preference and I'm glad the trend is going towards the more natural look. I think big boobs look great, but it's not for everyone.
Old 01-23-2010, 06:23 PM

catsmeow72 is on a distinguished road
I noticed it too. But I think it's a good thing. It was bad enough when I was flat but it used to make me feel even more inadequate when I used to look at the ladies like Heidi Klum in the catalogs back in the day. Even small chested women need to wear bras.

catsmeow72's plastic surgeon is Joseph Cruise, MD
VISIT WEBSITE
DOCTOR PROFILE
Old 01-23-2010, 06:44 PM

ke1983 is on a distinguished road
When I use to model I advised my agent I wanted implants and he told me no because I wouldnt be able to market myself as well.

VISIT WEBSITE
DOCTOR PROFILE
Old 01-23-2010, 07:58 PM
mprs

Exclamation

Originally Posted by mprs View Post
I have to agree that larger boobs are the only thing that makes us 'womanly'. If you want to look at my before pictures you can see that for 55 yearsI didnt think I was not sexy because I didnt have larger breasts. And I do think it's about time that they made that public in the lingerie world. And I actually do think that smaller boobs go better with smaller bodies. But I so happen to have a curvier body, and I think larger boobs enhance my body better.

I just think girls should be happy with what they have, and if having larger breasts make them happy and more secure than go for it. If you are satisfied with what you have, more power ya.

We are woman, hear us roar!
I meant to put a NOT in-between the 'are' and 'the' on the top line.
Old 01-23-2010, 10:28 PM

Originally Posted by SexyWS6Mama View Post
I too noticed that the women modeling in VS had smaller breast than in years past. But that's good. Gives love to A through DD + cups! However I will say, after my BA, I'm not jealous of those models in the VS magazines anymore!

Oh yeah--- I totally agree!
Old 01-23-2010, 11:28 PM

Rosebud11 is on a distinguished road
Victoria Secret took a lot of flack for having skinny models with big boobs...since that is not "exactly natural". The majority of thin woman have small boobs. This is why it is hard to find a 34DD bra...it's not that natural. Victoria Secret also took flack for their catalogs being a bit too sexy. So, they have toned it down some. I believe they were digitally enhancing the boobs on some of their models previously... and I think they still might be. Some of them look bigger in different pictures. I think they digitally enhance because most modeling agencies prefer their models to be no bigger than a B or maybe a C these days. The VS models still all look great in their bikinis...even with smaller boobs. I have already had my BA, but I know that big boobs isn't everything and don't make us who we are...and most men prefer a pretty woman with smaller breasts over an average looking woman with bigger breasts. Just my thoughts.
Old 01-23-2010, 11:51 PM

photogirl is on a distinguished road
Originally Posted by Smrtcpa1 View Post
LOL My BF does the same thing. LOVE it!

I've been noticing all the small boobies in VS magazines too. Feels good that the only girl who can compete with me now is Marissa Miller!
Old 01-24-2010, 01:00 PM

bunnygirl is on a distinguished road
I noticed this too! Honestly it really made it hard for me to find a bathing suit I liked. I think there needs to be a range so women of all shapes can find the styles that would work for them. But, they have all these tiny, little twigs now. There still was Marissa Miller but it seems all the other models (Tyra, Heidi Klum, Adriana Lima) are working on other projects. I wonder if maybe VS Pink has been more successful so they are catering to that crowd? There's also a lot of ruffly girly looks in fashion lately so maybe that's it. I always liked VS bc their models had a luscious sex goddess look that I liked to think I had when I wore the clothes.. I hope it comes back.