Go Back   Just Breast Implants Forum Women's Beauty, Health, and Fitness

|
Forgot Username/Password?
Forum Home Blogs FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Women's Beauty, Health, and Fitness Use this forum to discuss beauty products, hair care, diets, fitness, etc.

Teeth Whitening...

Reply Subscribe
Old 02-09-2010, 08:29 PM

Vstowe is on a distinguished road
Talking Teeth Whitening...

Does anyone know a really good teeth whitening treatment? And I mean like REALLY white teeth. I'm getting a dental implant placed soon and need to get my teeth super white because the implant will stay the same color for the rest of my life. Any ideas would be great!

Thanks!
Old 02-09-2010, 08:40 PM

Victorious* has a spectacular aura Victorious* has a spectacular aura
Hello I worked in a dental office for 4 years, and the zoom whitening treatments were amazing. Well worth the money!! And I say that because when your bleach your teeth you basically open the "pores" to your teeth and they can become vulnerable to discoloration. So when you do in house whitening at your doctors office they apply fluoride to your teeth immediately following your treatment. Another plus about this is that they are a 1 stop shop, you have 1 office visit for about 1 hour or so and you are done. within the following 24 hours your teeth will lighten even more than what they are when you leave the office. The only down fall is the price, however you did mention that you are getting a dental implant. If thats the case the office should give you the whitening treatment complimentary or even some money off...Ask the offices treatment planner about this.
An alternative that DOES work but takes daily time is the crest white strips. I have used those as well and have gotten awesome results. They are pretty annoying, but once you get the hang of them they should only take 5 minutes to apply and voila! But like I said you will not have a fluoride treatment after so your teeth will be vulnerable. Be sure to avoid red wines red sauces mustards coffees and teas immediately following the use of both of the above.

JUST a side note:
People with yellow teeth or just dull colored teeth due to smoking or coffee wine etc. Are the best candidates for the whitening systems. I have had patients come into the office with grey tinted teeth and expect the whitening to work. It will not change the color of your grey tone but in fact may even make it more obvious. Just thought I might share
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Victorious* For This Useful Post:
Old 02-09-2010, 08:40 PM
CLM

CLM will become famous soon enough
I have used crest whties strips over the years. They work really well. Try to cut out dark sodas, tea, coffee and red wine.....they really stain your teeth!!
Old 02-09-2010, 09:52 PM

Aimer is on a distinguished road
ahhh I want zoom so bad! Everywhere Ive checked its about $500 Cdn... That will have to wait for AFTER the boobies!!
Old 02-09-2010, 09:58 PM

timeforchange is on a distinguished road
I'm so excited because my dentist does it for free! I'm having it done in June! Woo hoo!
Old 02-09-2010, 10:16 PM

fairycakes is on a distinguished road
Has anyone tried GoSmile? It sounds really cool.
Old 02-09-2010, 10:23 PM

jewel04 is on a distinguished road
get the teeth whitening gel and trays off amazon. i bought my first set from dentist and paid a stupid amount. much cheaper on amazon. http://www.amazon.com/Large-10ml-Pro...5779339&sr=8-5

like a fool i bought 1 syringe @ this price from the dentist's office! it really works though
Old 02-21-2010, 11:37 AM

zoeymax is on a distinguished road
Im a dental hygienist and I personally don't care for the zoom. My office has done it on alot of patients and I don't think the results are that great for the money you spend. I think the at home tray's work the best. You can get impressions at your dental office that are custom to your teeth and bleach them at home. This is what I use and you get great results. I agree with the above post if you have more of a grey tint to your teeth they won't whiten.
Old 02-25-2010, 08:32 PM

Everyone seems 50/50 on the zoom but I'm getting it in a week. I REALLY hope it works, one because of the dental implant and two, because I'm paying a ridic amount haha. But I'm excited for white teeth and boobs this coming summer. Now I just need a tan!
Old 02-25-2010, 09:05 PM

A lot of these at home systems work wonderful. The zoom is just a quicker way to get the results, and a little extra protectant comes along with it. I just wanted to add that if you are thinking about doing the whitening trays get a fitted on specifically made for your mouth from your dentist. The generic trays will work too but leave your gums exposed to the gel and could irritate and tint them a certain color. Im going to start using the crest strips again...I also dont know if I mentioned this in the above post but I did zoom twice over a 5 year time period.
The Following User Says Thank You to Victorious* For This Useful Post:
Old 02-25-2010, 09:10 PM

mommyauglift is on a distinguished road
Hi - I had ZOOM done and I love th results. Much better color and long lasting results ( i got addicted to coffee right after zoom cause I had to study for the LSATs but I didn't notice the color fading)
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to mommyauglift For This Useful Post:
Old 02-26-2010, 04:44 PM

ShoreGrl is on a distinguished road
I got the bleaching trays from my dentist. I was lucky and he gave them to me for a really great price.

I like them a lot. My teeth look fantastic. They are nice b/c you can customize how you use it. For example, my teeth are really sensitive so I used them every other night instead of every night. I like that I'm able to do touch-ups as needed as well.
Old 02-28-2010, 10:59 PM

Donna85 is on a distinguished road
I just got the aquafresh trays a few days ago. It comes w/ 7 days worth of trays...and so far I've done only 2 days and they are rediculously white already. I think I'll just use the rest at a later time. And they were only $30!
The Following User Says Thank You to Donna85 For This Useful Post:
Old 03-01-2010, 06:23 AM

xxomargxxo is on a distinguished road
brite white . com not kidding, the achromesia syringes (make moldss or buy your own) will make your teeth hollywood white, like BRITNEY spears white. its incredible. you leave them in over night. id say the worst teeth might take a week to whiten. mine, i can do in 1 night. this is SO bad for your teeth.. and IMO you should eat soft foods for the next day just because your teeth are going to be a little sensitive. they arent going to hurt, but still. your gums may get a little "burnt" honestly from the chemicals. they will be a LITTLE sore. but i get that from crest white strips even. this is hardcore stuff!!! LOL it makes everything else seem sooo LAME. every time i do it, people are like WOW!! your teeth are SOOOO white. i mean like white like PAPER haha.
Old 03-01-2010, 02:04 PM

lady34 is on a distinguished road
the crest whitening strips get my teeth super white... and they are cheap. but I stopped doing it because I hear it's bad for your teeth.

VISIT WEBSITE
DOCTOR PROFILE
Old 03-10-2010, 02:57 PM

Thumbs down

I got the Zoom! 2 days ago. My teeth are definitely whiter, but it was super painful! Horrible shooting pains for 3 hours after the treatment. Not everyone get the pain like this, but if you do it is miserable. I wouldn't recommend Zoom! to anyone haha...sooo bad!
Old 03-23-2010, 02:55 PM

2bigdogs is on a distinguished road
Originally Posted by Vstowe View Post
I got the Zoom! 2 days ago. My teeth are definitely whiter, but it was super painful! Horrible shooting pains for 3 hours after the treatment. Not everyone get the pain like this, but if you do it is miserable. I wouldn't recommend Zoom! to anyone haha...sooo bad!
As I was reading the posts, that's exactly what I wanted to ask about. I've heard a few people say that Zoom hurt worse than surgery!! I'm a little skeptical about doing it myself because even the crest strips cause those shooting pains for me!
Old 06-12-2010, 12:35 PM

chrisn is on a distinguished road
I use the professional Opalescence system from my dentist. I got braces off 3 weeks ago and am getting veneers next month so I needed/wanted to get them as white as the whites of my eyes. Started out with 20% then moved onto 35%. I am now going back to 20% cause the 35% is a little too harsh if you get it on your gums and my teeth are sensitive as hell. I only have one shade to lift in order to get to the lightest veneers I can get. It's taken me three weeks to get here but I love the result. My dentist told me not to do the Zoom. You can go on tooth whitening reveiws and read up on these and many more products. My daughter and sister also use the Opalescence. My daugter's teeth are the shade I would like to be. I highly recommend this product, but you have to use it with care and have lots of patience. Dentist thinks I need about two more weeks.
Old 06-12-2010, 08:22 PM

The zoom itself is not painful, however the sensitivity some people may experience could be pretty uncomfortable. Not everyone experiences that kind of discomfort and they have out a zoom advanced, created specifically for people with sensitive teeth.
For a long lasting and immediate result zoom whitening is probably the best option. However for someone who doesnt want to spend the money or fearful of the discomfort you may or may not experience, try crest white strips!

Like I said earlier they even have the strips for sensitive teeth that you only leave on for 5 minutes and voila!
I am using those ones now, and they are working great!

It couldnt hurt to use whitening tooth pastes as well!
Old 06-12-2010, 10:35 PM

*Dolly* is on a distinguished road
Plus White is the best I have ever used. My teeth are very white. It can be purchased at Rite Aid etc...It is only abt $11. I have used everything under the sun and very expensive brands too. Nothing compares to Plus White IMO. I suggest you get different trays than the ones in the box. I use ones that I dip into hot water and mold to my teeth to customize them. I get compliments on my teeth all the time ~ even dentists have asked me what I use and say how white my teeth are & I am a smoker and coffee drinker.
Reply Subscribe